Fightning with two double-bladed lightsabers

It's hard enough to fight with a dual-blade already. Why add to the challenge for another one or another lightsaber? Just seems like a waste of time. Besides...you're more likely to hack off something that you like on you more than actually hack something off of your enemy. You can kiss your nose, arm, and leg goodbye when you go ahead and try that.

Well I was talking about Gandalf with lightsabers in LoTR not Gandalf in Star Wars

There are lightsabres in LoTR? Which version did you see......?

who said the DBs had to be standard issue why not a revised weapon, what about a DB with a longer thiner hilt for better handling with shorter blades for better balance.

Exar Kun used a lightsabre like that, a standard sabre that was modifyied with duel emmitters-hence a much smaller hilt that is normal on a duel-blade sabre.

Note I said used A sabre not sabres. Kun was, quite possiably, one of the best Sith swords masters ever with an ability to create a sabre such as you discribe. If he only used a single duel bladed weapon figure that there is a good reason;

A-using a single duel-blade is effective enough, or more effective than using two duel blades.

B-he had the strange and un-sithlike urge not to cut his own legs off during a fight.

Light sabers after all are adjustable, (sarcastic whisper: that's what all the knobs on the hilt do)

No, not all lightsabres are adjustable only some. It is possible to make a sabre where you can control the blades length and its intensity (Exar Kun's sabre could do both with both blades). However such modifications are difficult and not many Jedi (or Sith) had the time, skills or inclination to add such luxuries to their sabres. (Let alone the skills to alter such things in the middle of a hard fight-Kun was the only Sith who seemed skilled enought to alter the settings right in the middle of a fight). Vaders lightsabre for example (and Anakins) had an ajustable blade, Lukes second lightsabre didn't.

Now before you start arguing again *sighs* yes, you could create two twin bladed sabres with ajustable settings so one of the blades on each sabre isn't going to lop a leg off if it hits you. But them your basicly left fighting with two normal sabres with flashlights strapped to the bottom.

So why bother messing around creating two duel bladed lightsabres (Creating a single duel blade is hard enough), then adding extras-such as ajustable blade intensity-(Making the sabres even more complex to construct) which even if you could teach yourself how to use you probably wouldn't. When you could just spend a quarter of all that time and create two normal lightsabres and duel wield.

Hallo everybody!

I know there are some mods that I really enjoy for jedi academy and both kotor and TSL where you can fight with 2 DBL!

So I wanted to ask two questions:

1) Is it possible to fight with two double-bladed lightsabers?

2) (If yes) Then would it be practical?

Thank you.

Thats an easy way to kill yourself.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It seams the this arguement is going to be resolved only when Star Wars comes out for the Wii. Then we will see just how possible duelwielding 2 DBs is.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

its so pointless. One double-blade is already hard to master without cutting your own arms off, two would kill you by just blocking.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Besides, remembering space it would take it wouldn't really be useful

If it was possible that is :rolleyes:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Because if enough people BELIEVE it will become true.

This isn't Peter Pan.

It's not? *bottom lip quivers*

now look what you did! after he was just getting over the last one too...

i cannot believe the arguments here. The question was whetehr fighting with 2 dbls is possible, not special sabers, extra adjustments, things like that. straight out, is it possible.

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

i cannot believe the arguments here. The question was whetehr fighting with 2 dbls is possible, not special sabers, extra adjustments, things like that. straight out, is it possible.

In that case wes it would possible.

General Grevous would be ideal for duelwielding two DBs (two arm mode) because he has ball and socet wrist joints which allow him better movement than ordinary human wrist. He could use all 6 arms with DBs in a propellr defence but probly wouldn't be able to cordinate an attack.

He however could use 3DB's one for each pair of his arms, but it probly would look akward and may be too dificult for Grevous to control.

Edited by ghosta

If you mean wield-as in twirl around then yes, you could do that with two DB sabres. If you mean would it be practical to fight with two DB sabres then the answer, given several times is no. You'd be more dangerous to yourself than your opponent.

General Grevous would be ideal for duelwielding two DBs (two arm mode) because he has ball and socet wrist joints which allow him better movement than ordinary human wrist. He could use all 6 arms with DBs in a propellr defence but probly wouldn't be able to cordinate an attack.

He however could use 3DB's one for each pair of his arms, but it probly would look akward and may be too dificult for Grevous to control.

General Grevous 'only' had four arms, not six. Although he might well have been able to handle a sabre with his feet.

Anyone that tries wielding two six foot poles and more, is probably going to fall out of balance, get beaten because he's way too slow, or just crush his nuts while trying to stab his opponent.

If you mean wield-as in twirl around then yes, you could do that with two DB sabres. If you mean would it be practical to fight with two DB sabres then the answer, given several times is no. You'd be more dangerous to yourself than your opponent.

General Grevous 'only' had four arms, not six. Although he might well have been able to handle a sabre with his feet.

Ok maybe he can't seperate his legs but acorrding to wookieepedia general grevous has repulser lifts in his legs. So I infer that he can levitate and use lightsabers in all 6 of his limbs

Ok maybe he can't seperate his legs but acorrding to wookieepedia general grevous has repulser lifts in his legs. So I infer that he can levitate and use lightsabers in all 6 of his limbs

Now that's stupid =]

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

the closest thing to a jedi or sith being able to use 2 double-bladed lightsabers is to use them through the force. like Darth Traya did.

thats the only way i could think of that would most likely keep all limbs intact.

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

but then you could use more than two, and you'd be completly shielded from any attack, since anyone coming through the whole "tornado of sabers of doom" would be sliced.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Of course, only a boss could use that. otherwise its just not fair.

Of course, only a boss could use that. otherwise its just not fair.

exactly.

it cannot be called possible because it isnt

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

Idea on par with sabre-whips... But I wouldn`t put it beyond the geniouses at LA...

Ladies and gents... LA gives you:

Sabre-Batons. Featured in the concept art of TFU (Click me gentlyimage 32 out of 37).

Let the hurling begin...

:yucky:

This has to be the worst idea since Greedo shooting first. :):down: