Fightning with two double-bladed lightsabers

Hallo everybody!

I know there are some mods that I really enjoy for jedi academy and both kotor and TSL where you can fight with 2 DBL!

So I wanted to ask two questions:

1) Is it possible to fight with two double-bladed lightsabers?

2) (If yes) Then would it be practical?

Thank you.

If you were a 4 armed species (like a Xexto) you could duel with dual double-bladed lightsabers.

Otherwise, I doubt it

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

If you were a 4 armed species (like a Xexto) you could duel with dual double-bladed lightsabers.

Or General Grievous. But to answer your question, heck no for both. Though, I'd love to watch that. :p Some guy tries to use two double-bladed lightsabers and chops off some limbs in the process. Oh, the stupidity.

Fightning with two db lightsabers is suicide. Fighting with db lightsaber was extremely difficult and only very few people could do that. Maul was such master.

Then came Jedi Academy and KotOR... :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think Kreia could have pulled off the feat, I mean heck, she fights with 3 lightsabers on Mally V

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I would have to say that yes a human could fight with two double blade- lightsabers but it wouldn't go vary well. But someone could only have one blade on at a time. So that means they're duel wielding with two double-bladed lightsabers, each with one blade. So in a sense they're technically using two double bladed lightsabers. The advantage of this is that you can easily change your wield between back hand and fore hand by changing which side of the lightsaber is um... ignited.

To make the sabers easier to control the wielder could shorten the length of the blades so that they're not too long and cumbersome.

What I wonder is if the light saber can be turned into different weapons such as elbow blades, axes, or crescent blades.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Guest Accept

Oooh Noes there, young lad.

Well, yeah, it certianly looks cool when Maul swings his DB, but... ah, i still thinks Standard Onebladed Sabers' pwnz. :)

A twin bladed sabre is held so the blades are pointing to either side of the torso and the fighting style involves moving the body as much, if not more, than the sabre itself. You couldn't do this with two twin blade sabres at the same time, at least not well enough to be dangerous to anyone but yourself. Even the simplest parry would run the risk of waving one of the blades into the face, body or limbs and thats just moving the sabre. If you parried the force of the blow would either send the sabre flying from your hand, or push one of the blades into the moron who was trying to fight this way. The reason is that the hand grip is much longer than normal so you can hold them with both hands, which also reduces the control you would have when using then with a single hand.

So no, twin duel bladed sabres are not practical unless you turned off one of the blades on each sabre...at which point you'd have to ask why you bothered to build two such sabres when it would be faster and simpler to just build two normal sabres-Dual blade sabres are meant to be very hard to make, far harder than a normal sabre.

Oh come on people.. Is it so impossible ?

I thought that you could master the 2 DBL with the force ! I mean people can fly , lift objects with thoughts and zap things with lightning !

Normal people couldn't do that but normal people can't reflect blaster shots force wielders do it by instinct they don't really think about it.

And by the way here are some screenies from the Jedi academy mod:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/Igo...4-02_011811.png

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/Igo...4-02_011938.png

>_<

What about Gandolf in LOTR he fought with a staf in his right hand and Galminng(sp) in his left. So that meens duelwielding with a DB and a single hilt is possible.

As I said earlier when using a DB as a single you can change which side is on so you can change from backhand to standard grip without moving the lightsaber.

What about Gandolf in LOTR he fought with a staf in his right hand and Galminng(sp) in his left. So that meens duelwielding with a DB and a single hilt is possible.

But a staff doesn't have two cutting beams on either end that you have to worry about cutting off your own body parts with as you flail around with the sword.

I suppose it's technically possible to dual-wield 2 double sabers (in fantasy-lands anyway), but it wouldn't be advisable.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But a staff doesn't have two cutting beams on either end that you have to worry about cutting off your own body parts with as you flail around with the sword.

I suppose it's technically possible to dual-wield 2 double sabers (in fantasy-lands anyway), but it wouldn't be advisable.

If you watch you'll notice that Gandalf rests one end of the staff against his body when fighting, so the impact of hitting something doesn't knock it from his hand. You couldn't do that with a lightsabre blade.

As I said earlier when using a DB as a single you can change which side is on so you can change from backhand to standard grip without moving the lightsaber.

Glamdring, the sword that Gandalf uses, is a single blade and is a different kind of weight system entirely. You're trying to compare lightsabers to swords, which just isn't possible. The hilt of a lightsaber has got to be quite heavy considering it has to generate that kind of energy to make the beam. And then we're talking about a wooden staff and a metal sword. Different technology.

This is something I grabbed off of Wiki:

"A lightsaber is a difficult weapon to master, mainly because there is very little weight or substance to the blade, making it almost seem unbalanced. Attempting to use it as one would use a sword will result in uncontrollable swings that are just as likely to damage the wielder as the opponent. Using one effectively requires precise measurement of force with no over-swing."

I would bet money that you would more likely chop your arm off if you tried to balance a double-bladed in one hand and then go ahead and swing with a single blade. It's just so different with the weight issue. On one hand you've got a heavier weapon (the double) and in the other a lighter one. It'd be confusing and more dangerous to the wielder. IMHO, it's not worth it and wouldn't work out. Sorry.

Yeah but Gandalf is no ordinary wizard. He's the number one wizard in middle earth and immortal. If I recall correctly he dies when fighting the Balrong of Moria. However the god of the wizards resurrects him so that he can complete his mission. Basically Gandalf was immortal till the ring was destroyed; being immortal Gandalf wouldn't have to worry about injuring himself because he would just be resurrected.

Gandalf may be old but he's not clumsy or stupid. In his vast knowledge and wisdom he'd know how to use a lightsaber once he saw one. If you watch Gandolf you can see his graceful movements graceful enough to use 2 DBs.

As far as bracing the staff against his body so it didn't wouldn't be knocked out of his hand. If he was using a lightsaber he wouldn't have to because his saber would cut through everything. So any weapon strikes to the staff that would normally knock it loose would be cut by the saber blade.

I presumed Gandalf braced his staff against himself to deliver more damage from his attacks. Bracing the staff against his body would allow him to deliver more energy from his body into his strikes than if he only used is arms. I don't remember Gandalf blocking any attacks, besides it's pretty hard to block any blows with out a shield. As far as parrys, the characters don't seem to parry in the movies but instead dodge or git hit.

Edited by ghosta

As far as bracing the staff against his body so it didn't wouldn't be knocked out of his hand. If he was using a lightsaber he wouldn't have to because his saber would cut through everything.

*insert obnoxious buzzing sound*

Totally wrong. Lightsabres do not cut through other lightsabres, in fact when lightsabre blades connect it is rather like two normal blades hitting each other-as can be seen in all the films. Nor do lightsabres cut through blaster bolts when deflecting them-seem to recall that there are enough mentions in the EU books etc that deflecting blasters does result in some force being put onto the blade. Enough to knock it out of your hand if your not holding the sabre correctly. (This could also be implied by the fact that it is very unusual for Jedi to deflect blasters while holding a sabre in one hand. They tend to use both hands, probably because it gives better control against the impact).

Solid weapons in the KOTOR games have cortoisis ore woven into them, this resists lightsabres and prevents them from cuting through the blade-as is meantioned in the training level of KOTOR. Lightsabres can also be deflected/stopped by some types of force fields-as in TPM.

I presumed Gandalf braced his staff against himself to deliver more damage from his attacks. Bracing the staff against his body would allow him to deliver more energy from his body into his strikes than if he only used is arms.

Yes, but it also gives him greater control as the staff doesn't wobble around when it hits something.

Using real world weapons is not a great indicator for the possibility of using two duel blade sabres at once anyway. One of the most obvious differences is that when you use a normal staff you can hold it anywhere-Gandalf wasn't holding his staff right in the middle, but at varying points from it. On a lightsabre you can only hold it on the hilt, as the rest is blade.

Face it, while it would be technically possible to hold and wave two duel bladed sabres around, attempting to fight with them would be suiside. You wouldn't be able to control them well or fast enough to deflect blasters, and a solid hit from another lightsabre would, at best, knock your weapon out of your hand and leave you open to getting killed. At worst the second sabre blade would end up hitting you.

comparing gandalf's fighting to lightsaber fighting???? come on!! i suppose only by controlling their mmovements with the force, would someone not kill themselves.....impressive to watch, yes....possible, i cant see it being anything but a blender job.

Gandalf is a great character. LotR is the best!!!!!!!

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

YI don't remember Gandalf blocking any attacks, besides it's pretty hard to block any blows with out a shield. As far as parrys, the characters don't seem to parry in the movies but instead dodge or git hit.

Did you watch the movies? At all? :bat:

As far as bracing the staff against his body so it didn't wouldn't be knocked out of his hand. If he was using a lightsaber he wouldn't have to because his saber would cut through everything.

*insert obnoxious buzzing sound*

Totally wrong. Lightsabres do not cut through other lightsabres, in fact when lightsabre blades connect it is rather like two normal blades hitting each other-as can be seen in all the films. Nor do lightsabres cut through blaster bolts when deflecting them-seem to recall that there are enough mentions in the EU books etc that deflecting blasters does result in some force being put onto the blade. Enough to knock it out of your hand if your not holding the sabre correctly. (This could also be implied by the fact that it is very unusual for Jedi to deflect blasters while holding a sabre in one hand. They tend to use both hands, probably because it gives better control against the impact).

Solid weapons in the KOTOR games have cortoisis ore woven into them, this resists lightsabres and prevents them from cuting through the blade-as is meantioned in the training level of KOTOR. Lightsabres can also be deflected/stopped by some types of force fields-as in TPM.

I presumed Gandalf braced his staff against himself to deliver more damage from his attacks. Bracing the staff against his body would allow him to deliver more energy from his body into his strikes than if he only used is arms.

Yes, but it also gives him greater control as the staff doesn't wobble around when it hits something.

Using real world weapons is not a great indicator for the possibility of using two duel blade sabres at once anyway. One of the most obvious differences is that when you use a normal staff you can hold it anywhere-Gandalf wasn't holding his staff right in the middle, but at varying points from it. On a lightsabre you can only hold it on the hilt, as the rest is blade.

Face it, while it would be technically possible to hold and wave two duel bladed sabres around, attempting to fight with them would be suiside. You wouldn't be able to control them well or fast enough to deflect blasters, and a solid hit from another lightsabre would, at best, knock your weapon out of your hand and leave you open to getting killed. At worst the second sabre blade would end up hitting you.

Well I was talking about Gandalf with lightsabers in LoTR not Gandalf in Star Wars

who said the DBs had to be standard issue why not a revised weapon, what about a DB with a longer thiner hilt for better handling with shorter blades for better balance. Light sabers after all are adjustable, (sarcastic whisper: that's what all the knobs on the hilt do)