Is this really that different than the Muhammad drawings?

kumquatq3

I'd prefer Swedish. To me it's like the second coming every time I eat it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think it makes a very effective propaganda tool. It tells me Jesus is sweet and delicious, if fattening in large quantities. And I might also add that if male genitals are offensive in religious art someone had better tell the Pope.

As for the most offensive thing to ever happen to Christianity... that man should be obliged to sit down and view most of mainstream culture. Like in A Clockwork Orange.

And finally, sense of humour? Sense of humour? I get irascible if someone tells me I can't drink for a week. Try the rest of your life!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They should practice what they preach and turn the other cheek.

Don't they have a right to be offended? I agree that they should turn the other cheek, but as long as they are protesting peacefully what is the problem? Death threats are not very "Christian" however =]

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Don't they have a right to be offended? I agree that they should turn the other cheek, but as long as they are protesting peacefully what is the problem? Death threats are not very "Christian" however :lol:

What death threats? There were none, just alot of complaining. Good grief and learn to read.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Don't they have a right to be offended? I agree that they should turn the other cheek, but as long as they are protesting peacefully what is the problem? Death threats are not very "Christian" however :)

What death threats? There were none, just alot of complaining. Good grief and learn to read.

I believe our colleague was assuming that for anyone to draw the analogy there would have had to have been death threats. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There were death threats.

The hotel and the gallery were overrun Thursday with angry phone calls and e-mails about the exhibit. Semler said the calls included death threats...

"In this situation, the hotel couldn't continue to be supportive because of a fear for their own safety," Semler said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070330/ap_en_ot/chocolate_jesus

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The hotel and the gallery were overrun Thursday with angry phone calls and e-mails about the exhibit. Semler said the calls included death threats...

"In this situation, the hotel couldn't continue to be supportive because of a fear for their own safety," Semler said.

See, this is where other Christians need to step in and set the matter straight. Christians themselves need to make it clear that we will not abide such behavior. It needs to be clear to every Christian who uses violence as a tactic that the person who reports you, the person who arrests you, the judge in the trial, and the jury of your peers are likely all going to be Christian and yet you will be punished for breaking the law. One of my biggest concerns regarding the response to the Mohammad cartoons was the response from the Muslim community at large to the acts of violence. The Muslims speaking unconditionally condemning the violence were too few while the majority reacted with either tepid condemnation or even tacit agreement. Christians must uphold the law, even if it requires the use of force on other Christians.

Now, in some cases the law is wrong. In some cases, Christians would be obliged to break the law and even fight back against injustice, but I doubt offensive candy qualifies in either case.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

See, this is where other Christians need to step in and set the matter straight. Christians themselves need to make it clear that we will not abide such behavior. It needs to be clear to every Christian who uses violence as a tactic that the person who reports you, the person who arrests you, the judge in the trial, and the jury of your peers are likely all going to be Christian and yet you will be punished for breaking the law. One of my biggest concerns regarding the response to the Mohammad cartoons was the response from the Muslim community at large to the acts of violence. The Muslims speaking unconditionally condemning the violence were too few while the majority reacted with either tepid condemnation or even tacit agreement. Christians must uphold the law, even if it requires the use of force on other Christians.

Now, in some cases the law is wrong. In some cases, Christians would be obliged to break the law and even fight back against injustice, but I doubt offensive candy qualifies in either case.

Insofaras I have any right to judge, being at best a very poor sort of Christian, I agree. It is disgusting and contemptible that any faith should issue death threats, but it is nothing short of obscene to do so in the name of Jesus. It's like Jews expressing annoyance by eating mounds of bacon. On Saturday.

-Elwood Blues

It is disgusting and contemptible that any faith should issue death threats, but it is nothing short of obscene to do so in the name of Jesus.

QTF.

To which I was agreeing that the ones who issued the death threats would do well to reexamine their own scriptures and 'turn the other cheek'. At least, that's what I was trying to get across in my first post. :lol: Apologises for any confusion.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

So are people angry just because it's chocolate, or because they think it's designed to ridicule their beliefs (not sure if it actually is or not)?

Although I agree with Eldar's view of handling stuff like death threats, the majority of inappropriate Christian protesting is not serious enough to go to court and cannot be dealt with in that way. I would also extend the solution to encouraging and supporting positive forms of protest. Sunday sermons and classes usually focus on ways to implement biblical values into people's lives, so why not spend a couple weeks on healthy ways to express political and religious viewpoints? After all, the biggest complaint about Christianity generally is their treatment of those who disagree.

Maybe they will recruit some suicide bombers and make it known world wide their displeasire. :rolleyes:

You know, spouting hatred all the time doesn't make you appear more righteous, tough, or intelligent. It just makes you look like the very people you despise.

Edit: What does QTF mean? I'm not very good at internet slang.

Edited by Skynet

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

It is disgusting and contemptible that any faith should issue death threats, but it is nothing short of obscene to do so in the name of Jesus.

QTF.

To which I was agreeing that the ones who issued the death threats would do well to reexamine their own scriptures and 'turn the other cheek'. At least, that's what I was trying to get across in my first post. :lol: Apologises for any confusion.

I was QFTing you, good sir. :*

-Elwood Blues

Being angry is all fine and good. Expressing anger in a form of protests and boycotts is all fine. Death threats and violence is where I draw the line. I have studied the Christian faith and while I don't agree with it on many things such actions as those definitely does not follow Christian tenets, though it wouldn't be the first time violence has been done in Jesus' name. Christians should uphold what is right, and sometimes the right thing to do isn't the lawful thing to do. Then again it sometimes takes to long to figure out what the right thing to do is and what is right for one may not be right for someone else so who are they to judge.

:blink:

Okay, I am babbling now.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Being angry is all fine and good. Expressing anger in a form of protests and boycotts is all fine. Death threats and violence is where I draw the line. I have studied the Christian faith and while I don't agree with it on many things such actions as those definitely does not follow Christian tenets, though it wouldn't be the first time violence has been done in Jesus' name. Christians should uphold what is right, and sometimes the right thing to do isn't the lawful thing to do. Then again it sometimes takes to long to figure out what the right thing to do is and what is right for one may not be right for someone else so who are they to judge.

Okay, I am babbling now.

I rather suspect that Jefferson put it along the lines of when you are in a democracy you have a say in the law, thus you have no excuse for disobeying it. BUt I learned that from a comic, so I could be wrong.

-Elwood Blues