New Civ4 Expansion Announced

Oerwinde

Went back a few pages and didn't see this anywhere, so here ya be:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=214080

Focusing on the late game, which I believe most people think is not as fun as the early game. Adding 10 new Civs, more units, wonders, etc.

edit: Ooh... random events... thats something that should add a lot to the game if done right...

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So the internet people have decided it's Beyond the Sword and not Beyond the Stars, eh? They didn't seem too sure last week. :teehee:

Good news, definitely. Corporations sounds like fun - I hope it's not completely identical to religion, but does work along similar lines.

Events could definitely be interesting, whether in the ancient world (Volcano!) or the modern (two nations on the other side of the world have gone to war and apparently my people are miserable because they think I should do something about it!). =]

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I figured with how poopular Civ 4 was that this would be more interesting to people.

I guess since Warlords really wasn't worth the 30 bucks people are assuming so here as well.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I wonder how many people play the scenarios. I think I dabbled with them but usually ended right back in the regular game.

The only scenario I've ever thought was all that fun was the feudal japan one from Civ3 Conquests.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think they should focus less on scenarios and more on adding upgradeable palaces back in.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think they should focus less on scenarios and more on adding upgradeable palaces back in.

Ooh, how did that work? (I never played Civ1 or Civ2 :blush10: )

You started with a cave, and if your people loved you you could add pieces to your palace. Mixing and matching pieces from different styles of buildings.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'll be honest, Civ 4 is plenty of game for me, I don't really see the need for an expansion. I've got a pitboss game going that I play a turn for every night, and I've never actually finished a single player campaign, although I did get a stalemate once.

I've dabbled a little with the Barbarians scenario. It's a lot of fun, but really difficult. I'm playing it at the normal difficulty (which is 65 turns) and so far I haven't beaten that scenario once. At most I've destroyed two Civs. And I've developed a severe hatred for Elephants (they just pummel me).

I am looking forward to the expansion though. Anything that adds new elements (and wonders) to the main campaign will be awesome. The new scenarios I can do without, but having them is a nice bonus.

I played the tutorial of my Civ 4, and then didn't touch the game again. I could see some merit in the game, but it didn't hook me (or I didn't let it hook me :lol:) like Civ2 did. It seemed to have a much more complex mechanic and required a significant investment of research to play (which I was just not prepared to do), as compared to the earlier games in the franchise. Whether this makes for a more fun game is still unknown to me.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In what probably amounts now to more than ten years of Civ playing, I never really touched a scenario. I imagine they're the easiest thing to add in an expansion, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: