How was the next day?

Fenghuang

I just found out that people with autism (Asperger to be exact) have more right to an assistant at school then people with ADHD well this sucks :down: .

... Unless you have Asperger's Syndrome, of course. :o

mercator_big.jpg

HA!! PROOF THAT THE WORLD IS FLAT!!!11!

Perhaps the view from orbit might help you:

arctic_globe.jpg

My day was pretty good; I have finished all the course material for one of my subjects: How the Universe Works (and completed the first draft of the assessment, too: i can't submit it until July, though ... )

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just found out that people with autism (Asperger to be exact) have more right to an assistant at school then people with ADHD well this sucks :o .

Yeah, I mean, it's not like Asperger's is a much more serious disorder than ADHD, that results in those afflicted by it never being able to fully integrate themselves with the rest of the world socially. Those jerks.

Seriously, quit effin' cryin' about ADHD. I've got it, you deal or you don't. Don't use it as an excuse to fail, be a prick, or just generally annoying to those around you.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I'm out of Club Original Snack Sticks, which is depressing.

But a 3-day weekend is always cool - although we aren't likely to go anywhere, since everyone else in the US also thinks it's cool, and every park/attraction/road for miles is always stuffed to the gills with frolicking summer people.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just found out that people with autism (Asperger to be exact) have more right to an assistant at school then people with ADHD well this sucks :down: .

Yeah, I mean, it's not like Asperger's is a much more serious disorder than ADHD, that results in those afflicted by it never being able to fully integrate themselves with the rest of the world socially. Those jerks.

Seriously, quit effin' cryin' about ADHD. I've got it, you deal or you don't. Don't use it as an excuse to fail, be a prick, or just generally annoying to those around you.

Do not put words in my mouth i have never used it as an excuse for my failings but if i were not above avrage in memory and the intelligence i whould haved failed a long time ago. I suck at writing (anything longer then a page is almost imposible) and at doing work by myself i am improving but slowly. When i look at people doing stuff in one lesson that whould take me three or longer i become amazed. I do think that with my trouble and the fact that every i get an assistent my grades becomes so much better i deserve an assitent.

Besides i hate not being able to use words i know how use by not being able to spell them in a manner that is even read, meh can't even spell it to its correct b

Forgot to add that in no way are people with any form of autism any less deserving or more imo of and aide then people with ADHD i was just obeserving that for some reason autism have an higher priority then ADHD.

My first arugument in a forum :o !!

Edited by Qazplm

As a reprehensible and argumentative chap I'm not sure I should congratulate you on joining us!

I don't know very much about proper ADHD. Your description makes it seem a good deal worse than I thought it would be. If it makes you feel any better it sounds like you just need to find the right learning/working environment. Not everyone gets on with dusty classrooms and there's no shame in that.

The thing you might be interested in with autism is that an assistant can make a real difference to an autistic. Whereas I don't know what an assistant could do for you. Does that sound right?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He simply makes it easier to focus and i get a usefull throwing board to throw ideas at wich is extremly helpful. Well from a bit of reading on the internet i have self diagnosed myself with these symptoms(adhd on wikipedia read if you wanna know more) and i did get a diagnosis when i was around 8 years old by the school doctor.

# Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.

# Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.

# Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.

# Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions)

# Often has trouble organizing activities.

# Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).

# Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).

# Is often easily distracted.

# Is often forgetful in daily activities.

# Often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat.

# Often gets up from seat when remaining in seat is expected.

# Often runs about or climbs when and where it is not appropriate (adolescents or adults may feel very restless).

# Often has trouble playing or enjoying leisure activities quietly.

# Is often "on the go" or often acts as if "driven by a motor".

# Often talks excessively.

# Often blurts out answers before questions have been finished.

# Often has trouble waiting one's turn.

# Often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations or games).

hmm thats all of them :ermm: so yeah its bit hard. But it is way easier to manage then when i was say in l

Edited by Qazplm

Qazplm... What an odd name, how is that pronounced? :teehee: is what one does when one laughs at onesself. :teehee: I used one three times in a sentence. :geek: I am reminded of a fool standing on his head.

I like the idea of people having an aversion to authority, how is that a bad thing? :blink:

The shower is being fixed, apparently the en suite [oo la la] was leaking when the owner bought the house, though it wasn't leaking enough to cause the sprouting of mushrooms. It is because the builder was cheap.

Meta. Was that taken with an American satellite? If so, I doubt the credibility of the source. And it could just be photoshopped. =]

:ermm: Sorry, I had a maths teacher who said the sun revolves around the Earth. :lol: What a moron.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I spent the entire day drinking beer and watching John Wayne movies. I didn't want to watch John Wayne movies, I just couldn't find the remote. And it seemed like such a hassle to change the channel at the TV. All in all, it was a good day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't do much today except I went to like 5 different stores looking for golden sun: the lost age only to come home tired, hungry, a broken shell of a man, and a little sweaty....But I'm still in disbelief. I couldn't find the book I wanted or the game I wanted so my trip is going to suck so hardcore. my life is so miserable. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Lowpoint: Caught a cold. Feeling feverish and a headache the size of, well something very big :down:

Highpoint: The weather is nice, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. And, I pre-ordered Tombraider - Anniversay for PC :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

:) Sorry, I had a maths teacher who said the sun revolves around the Earth. :down: What a moron.

As a slip of the tongue, or was he/she really trying to persuade you of that?

I just bought Vampire Bloodlines and NWN2. ;)

Both excellent games. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Qazplm... What an odd name, how is that pronounced? :down: is what one does when one laughs at onesself. ;) I used one three times in a sentence. :geek: I am reminded of a fool standing on his head.

I like the idea of people having an aversion to authority, how is that a bad thing? :)

The shower is being fixed, apparently the en suite [oo la la] was leaking when the owner bought the house, though it wasn't leaking enough to cause the sprouting of mushrooms. It is because the builder was cheap.

Meta. Was that taken with an American satellite? If so, I doubt the credibility of the source. And it could just be photoshopped. =]

:ermm: Sorry, I had a maths teacher who said the sun revolves around the Earth. :thumbsup: What a moron.

About my name its some random letters that i deicided was easy to remember and liked the look of when i was about 10 years old, about how to pronounce it i have no idea whats so ever.

Edited by Qazplm

Was that taken with an American satellite? If so, I doubt the credibility of the source. And it could just be photoshopped. =]

:ermm: Sorry, I had a maths teacher who said the sun revolves around the Earth. :wub: What a moron.

Fully lit, full disk image centered on the North Pole. The image was made from a combination of AVHRR, NDVI, SeaWiFS, MODIS, NCEP, DMSP and Sky2000 catalog data.

Image Credit: Data: AVHRR, NDVI, Seawifs, MODIS, NCEP, DMSP and Sky2000 star catalog; AVHRR and Seawifs texture: Reto Stockli; Visualization: Marit Jentoft-Nilsen.

Technically, the Sun does orbit around the Earth: just not to the exclusion of the Earth orbiting around the Sun, which can be clearly demonstrated via extra-terrestrial observations as well as being the simplest explanation for terrestrially-observable phenomena. ;)

Also, who would like to see Jupiter's magnetosphere? :woot:

JupiterMagnetosphere.jpg

The vast magnetosphere of charged particles whirling around Jupiter, normally invisible, can be imaged by a new type of instrument aboard NASA's Cassini spacecraft and is seen here.

Three features are sketched in for context: a black circle showing the size of Jupiter, lines of Jupiter's magnetic field, and a cross-section of the Io torus, a doughnut-shaped ring of charged particles that originate from volcanic eruptions on Jupiter's moon Io and circle Jupiter at about the orbit of Io.

Jupiter's magnetosphere is the largest object in the solar system. If it glowed in wavelengths visible to the eye, it would appear two to three times the size of the Sun or Moon to viewers on Earth.

Cassini's ion and neutral camera detects neutral atoms expelled from the magnetosphere, deriving information about their source. This image was taken shortly after Cassini's closest approach to Jupiter, about 10 million km from the planet on Dec. 30, 2000.

Image Credit: NASA/JPL/Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (The vast magnetosphere of charged particles whirling around Jupiter, normally invisible, can be imaged by a new type of instrument aboard NASA's Cassini spacecraft and is seen here).

For context, here are Jupiter's rings and innermost satellites, inside Io:

JupiterInnerSatellitesInsideIo.jpg

The innermost and thickest ring is the halo that ends at the main ring. The thin, narrow main ring, shown with pink shading, is bounded by the 16- km-wide satellite Adrastea and shows a marked decrease in brightness near the orbit of Jupiter's innermost moon, Metis. It is composed of fine particles knocked off Adrastea and Metis. Although the orbits of Adrastea and Metis are about 1,000 km apart, that separation is not depicted in this drawing. Impacts by small meteoroids (fragments of asteroids and comets) into these small, low-gravity satellites feed material into the rings. Thebe and Amalthea, the next two satellites in increasing distance from Jupiter, supply dust which forms the thicker, disk-like "gossamer" rings. The gossamer rings, depicted with yellow and green shading, are thicker because the source satellites orbit Jupiter on inclined paths.

Image Credit: NASA/Cornell University (this schematic cut-away view of the components of Jupiter's ring system shows the geometry of the rings in relation to Jupiter and to the small inner satellites, which are the source of the dust which forms the rings).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I woke up this morning to the sound of persistent falling rain. For te first time in my life I grased how much part the rain plays in England's green and fertile ground. I actually liked the rain.

On the other ahnd I could just be high from having had a full night's uninterrupted sleep. I reckon the vermin have decided to holiday elsewhere.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Playing with your Wii will not get you high. Just blind. =]

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

^Do you really believe that Sand? :yes:

Was that taken with an American satellite? If so, I doubt the credibility of the source. And it could just be photoshopped. =]

:ermm: Sorry, I had a maths teacher who said the sun revolves around the Earth. :wacko: What a moron.

Fully lit, full disk image centered on the North Pole. The image was made from a combination of AVHRR, NDVI, SeaWiFS, MODIS, NCEP, DMSP and Sky2000 catalog data.

Image Credit: Data: AVHRR, NDVI, Seawifs, MODIS, NCEP, DMSP and Sky2000 star catalog; AVHRR and Seawifs texture: Reto Stockli; Visualization: Marit Jentoft-Nilsen.

Technically, the Sun does orbit around the Earth: just not to the exclusion of the Earth orbiting around the Sun, which can be clearly demonstrated via extra-terrestrial observations as well as being the simplest explanation for terrestrially-observable phenomena. ;)

Rofl. I see, since the Sun's gas is part of the Sun and effects the Earth's atmosphere, (Aurora Australis) that counts as the Sun orbiting around the Earth. =]

:ermm: Sorry, I had a maths teacher who said the sun revolves around the Earth. :shifty: What a moron.

As a slip of the tongue, or was he/she really trying to persuade you of that?

I just bought Vampire Bloodlines and NWN2. :lol:

Both excellent games. :shifty:

Honestly I don't know, I was not present when my maths teacher said it, but I can remember when my class mates told our science teacher. His reaction was as if he knew this already and didn't want to undermine his college. Apparently he'd had debates with him in the past. It's one of the few things I remember. It wasn't like some grand college with grassy spaces, just a high school... and not a very good one either. Ugly concrete modular design, like a prison.

For the games; I trust the taste of the members of this forum... mostly.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Me and my girlfriend went into town to buy a new pair of summer shorts for me to wear. Three hours later we're home. She's got a new pair of summer shorts, I got nothing.. except the bill for her shorts. I ENDED UP PAYING FOR THEM! =]

Girls.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Today has so far been quite successful, especially considering it's less than an hour old. I've officially decided to curb my man whoreish ways and go out with someone properly. Any bets on how long it will last? Bearing in mind my longest relationship has far has been 2 weeks. Closest guess wins a prize of your choosing. I'm just feeling that generous now you see. :p

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Today has so far been quite successful, especially considering it's less than an hour old. I've officially decided to curb my man whoreish ways and go out with someone properly. Any bets on how long it will last? Bearing in mind my longest relationship has far has been 2 weeks. Closest guess wins a prize of your choosing. I'm just feeling that generous now you see. :p

3 weeks!