How was the next day?

Fenghuang

And Strongbow is the best cider I've ever drUnk.

Quoted for truth.

That's like being the best batsman in the Canadian cricket team.

If you work for yourself, you can turn that extra time into an investment into yourself (study, organising, leisure, what-have-you).

This is what I do, for instance, today I had to show up half an hour early because there was a meeting. I ate a free bagel, sat around for an hour, then I went to my cubicle, where I proceeded to sit around for some twenty odd minutes. Then I thought to myself "Self, I should probably finishing those computers I didn't have time to yesterday." "That's an excellent idea Self, let's go do that!" That took about twenty minutes, then I came back and sat around for another hour or so. Then it was lunch time so I went to get lunch, came back to my cubicle and sat around for an hour eating. Then my boss found me some work to do so I did that, it took about twenty minutes. Then I came back and sat around some more. Then he found me a little more work to do that took thirty minutes. Then I sat at my desk for another hour, then I fell asleep for an hour. Then my boss woke me up and told me it was time to go home.

I get paid $12 an hour for this. This is California's taxpayer money at work people. My job would be really boring if I didn't have internet.

Help your boss with some of his work. He'll either take all the credit, feel guilty and hate you, or take all the creidt, like you and promote you (take you with him as he goes up).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Istanbul (Not Constantinople)

"Istanbul" 1953

Words by Jimmy Kennedy

Music by Nat Simon

"It's Istanbul, not Constantinople now ...." Leave it to Tin Pan Alley to turn centuries of ethnic and religious struggles into a catchy ditty. This song, although copyrighted by Kennedy and Simon, is a direct descendant of the humourous piece, "Al-Bar the Bubul Emir" that could be found in the pages of "Captain Billy's Whizbang," an early 20th century precursor to "Mad Magazine."

Lyrics:

Istanbul was Constantinople

Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

Been a long time gone, Constantinople

Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople

Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople

So if you've a date in Constantinople

She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam

Why they changed it I can't say

People just liked it better that way

So take me back to Constantinople

No, you can't go back to Constantinople

Why did Constantinople get the works

That's nobody's business but the Turks

Istanbul (Istanbul)

Istanbul (Istanbul)

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam

Why they changed it I can't say

People just liked it better that way

Istanbul was Constantinople

Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

So take me back to Constantinople

No, you can't go back to Constantinople

Istanbul

clickie

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And Strongbow is the best cider I've ever drUnk.

Quoted for truth.

That's like being the best batsman in the Canadian cricket team.

There's a cricket team here in Canada? No WAI!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

If you work for yourself, you can turn that extra time into an investment into yourself (study, organising, leisure, what-have-you).

This is what I do, for instance, today I had to show up half an hour early because there was a meeting. I ate a free bagel, sat around for an hour, then I went to my cubicle, where I proceeded to sit around for some twenty odd minutes. Then I thought to myself "Self, I should probably finishing those computers I didn't have time to yesterday." "That's an excellent idea Self, let's go do that!" That took about twenty minutes, then I came back and sat around for another hour or so. Then it was lunch time so I went to get lunch, came back to my cubicle and sat around for an hour eating. Then my boss found me some work to do so I did that, it took about twenty minutes. Then I came back and sat around some more. Then he found me a little more work to do that took thirty minutes. Then I sat at my desk for another hour, then I fell asleep for an hour. Then my boss woke me up and told me it was time to go home.

I get paid $12 an hour for this. This is California's taxpayer money at work people. My job would be really boring if I didn't have internet.

Help your boss with some of his work. He'll either take all the credit, feel guilty and hate you, or take all the creidt, like you and promote you (take you with him as he goes up).

I've been helping him with his work, but so much of his work acting as insulation between the upper management and my department, as well as dealing with suppliers, I can't help him with the bulk of it.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yeah, in my experience there are (broadly speaking) two types of management style: bottom-facing and top-facing. The bottom-facing manager will be a great leader, an inspiration to their team, and promote a great work environment to encourage them all to do their best individually and collectively. The top-facing manager is more interested in being a member of his management chain, and treats his team like a bunch of commodities that are to be exploited for maximum benefit for the company, regardless of the consequences, just so long as they earn admiration from their higher-ups.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, I'm the UK. I thought I made a lenghty post here about it earlier.

I'sa gonna go to London for a week on Sunday. If you can give a ny tips what to see, I'd appreciate it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, in my experience there are (broadly speaking) two types of management style: bottom-facing and top-facing. The bottom-facing manager will be a great leader, an inspiration to their team, and promote a great work environment to encourage them all to do their best individually and collectively. The top-facing manager is more interested in being a member of his management chain, and treats his team like a bunch of commodities that are to be exploited for maximum benefit for the company, regardless of the consequences, just so long as they earn admiration from their higher-ups.

Well mine is definitely bottom-facing then. He is a pretty cool dude, there just isn't that much for me to do right now. Currently I'm preparing a laptop for a user.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Owing to human nature, there are a lot more who place their own upward mobility in front of their team's harmonious workings. Unfortunately. Short-sighted ignorance is pandemic. :down:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Owing to human nature, there are a lot more who place their own upward mobility in front of their team's harmonious workings. Unfortunately. Short-sighted ignorance is pandemic. :down:

See, my boss is all about telling it like it is with an almost complete lack of concern for self preservation. He's hella cool, but I'm still trying to figure out how he's made it in a government job so long.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Ah, but has she got red hair? :down:

no

Never before have I received such contradictory signals... We've had a couple of awesome moments together and there is definitely an emotional connection as well as an attraction between us. She keeps suggesting to have another date, but again and again she cancels or just doesn't show up. It's been 4 bloody times now.

I've neither the time nor patience for this.

next!

Edited by Pope

Getting results, because his team is productive. It usually lets some good managers rise to lower-middle, where their management skills are useful. The upper area is a political battlefield ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The neck problems of last weekend have gone away, but now I can't sleep because of a persistent cough. It is rather loud and difficult to suppress when I'm lying down. This has been going on for 3 straight nights now. :down:

Uploading a zillion directories and files for a plugin and then upon install, having a message say there's a new version of the plugin already (not on the official site yet) and having to re-upload/overwrite all those files again, is a pain in the @!@#$.

Other than that, my day has been peachy. :down:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The real landlord, not the letting fethwits came by and we got our warfaces on wrt the rodents. I scored some non-cvilian poison and pushed that up into my ceiling. We're calling in this real gung ho exterminator on Monday and going to make a plan. Those furry bastards don't know what they've stirred up.

All quiet on the ceilling front last night. Maybe they've got wind of us.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I went and had dinner with my family at the Spaghetti Factory after work, then we went to see Spiderman 3. It was cheesy as hell but I loved it. Also I now have a new avatar.

Maye if I go see the film I will understand why everyone seems so hyped about that bloody moment with the pie.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.