Dantooine's Landscape in Kotor 2 in comparison to Kotor 1

Hello!

In Kotor 1 i really loooved to walk around on Dantooine. The Landscape was soo beautiful!

But in Kotor 2, i hated it! The landscape was just soo ugly! The ugly green grass (In K1 it was this brown-orange grass) and the dark, cloudy sky...

Is this just to show the devastation of the Sith-Attack?

Well anyway I wanted to ask if there is a Mod which replaces the Dantooine textures from Kotor 2 with those from Kotor 1!

Thx

Personally, I prefer the k2 Dantooine, although I did like the perpetual sunset of k1.

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the reason why KOTOR 2's Dantooine was so drab was to show the devastation of the Sith Attack, mainly because so many Jedi died, that and all the stupid Kinraths

I don't think he has a beer belly I think he's just Fat

-ME

I went to a pizzeria, I ordered a slice of pizza, the ****er gave me the smallest slice possible. If the pizza was a pie chart for what people would do if they found a million dollars, the ****er gave me the "donate it to charity" slice.

- Mitch Hedberg R.I.P.

i hate those damn kinraths. too many on them. i like the kath hounds more.

i liked dantooine in kotor 1 more. there was more to explore and it really wasnt as ugly.

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

Kath hounds seemed much more of a challenge, in K1 Dantooine there seemed much more places to explore and walk around too, I got lost especially when I had to find them Mandalorian Raiders, I never seemed to find the last one, untill I started from the top and swept my way down. But there was much more to explore which is what I liked, and a lot of quests. You could go to the Sandral and Matale estates, the Star Map area, the Enclave, the tainted grove. K2 Dantooine seemed to lack this, most places were cut purposely by debris, like the way to the Star Map. There wasnt much to see or do either, it was mainly the Enclave ruins, Salvagers, Mercs and Khoonda.

I think the reason why KOTOR 2's Dantooine was so drab was to show the devastation of the Sith Attack, mainly because so many Jedi died, that and all the stupid Kinraths

I wish they would've made a more darker version of Dantooine. Grey Fog, heavy rain..stuff like that that add a LOT to the environment, and it wasn't very often we were on such a planet...well Dxun is the exception. Would've been fun if it was a crystal clear night when you land on Dantooine instead of a sunny day :thumbsup:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I wish they would've made a more darker version of Dantooine. Grey Fog, heavy rain..stuff like that that add a LOT to the environment, and it wasn't very often we were on such a planet...well Dxun is the exception. Would've been fun if it was a crystal clear night when you land on Dantooine instead of a sunny day

Thats what I was about to say, Obsidian would have gotten the devastation down perfect if Dantooine was more ruined, dark, and overgrown like Dxun, but maybe a little bit more freedom in exploring, like going back to the tainted grove and finding some dark energy there or something, if only.

I don't think he has a beer belly I think he's just Fat

-ME

I went to a pizzeria, I ordered a slice of pizza, the ****er gave me the smallest slice possible. If the pizza was a pie chart for what people would do if they found a million dollars, the ****er gave me the "donate it to charity" slice.

- Mitch Hedberg R.I.P.

The only thing the Sith were mainly focusing on was the Enclave, the people talk about how the Sith also terrorised the people and how Dantooine got pretty much ruined, but they rebuilt everything, except the Enclave. I dont see how things such as rain or fog would be the after effect of bombing, yet alone furtherly depict what has happened when already there has been massive changes in Dantooine and they are enough.

Yeah, but it can't always be beautiful weather on DAntooine. Get me some dark night time storms instead of the constant sun in the distance, and the giant ray-thingies flying.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I preffered Dantooine in KotOR I as well, but because the world was so well put together - with the Jedi Academy and the various sub missions lying about. The one with the corpse and the 'who dunnit?' scenario was quite funny I thought. I really wanted there to be a central Jedi acamedy to explore and train in KotOR II but there wasn't. Shame.

KotORsig.jpg

I dont see how things such as rain or fog would be the after effect of bombing, yet alone furtherly depict what has happened when already there has been massive changes in Dantooine and they are enough.

Well, that's just a psycological referrence to the bombardment. Of course fog and heavy rain aren't the results of plasma bombing, but it gives the sunny place a much more heavier environment and tension after-bombing.

But I too preferred Kotor I Dantooine over Kotor II one. See, it's just like Korriban on both games: The first one had an academy, quests (a lot), different groups fighting, some challenging creatures and the rest. But everything we see on the two is recycled planets, with a few new areas and a lot of cut old areas.

Like I said before:

Yeah, but it can't always be beautiful weather on Dantooine. Get me some dark night time storms instead of the constant sun in the distance, and the giant ray-thingies flying.

If weather could actually change on planets, like rain on manaan, night on korriban, lightning storms on Kashyyk and Dantooine, then it would be so much better.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If weather could actually change on planets, like rain on manaan, night on korriban, lightning storms on Kashyyk and Dantooine, then it would be so much better.

I have to agree. (Ok, so I don't have to agree but I am). It would be nice if the weather changed on planets from time to time, it would give more atmosphere to the worlds you visit.

I have to agree. (Ok, so I don't have to agree but I am). It would be nice if the weather changed on planets from time to time, it would give more atmosphere to the worlds you visit.

Yeah, but would it have any gameplay effect or would it be just space-occupyng on the HD?

Gameplay effect? Unless you're unlucky enough to be hit by lightning, not really. :teehee:

Its just atmosphere, really.

Most vistuals, indeed most special effects in games are just there for the atmosphere and have no effect on gameplay other than that. But when your talking about an RPG atmosphere plays a large part in immersing you in the game.

After finishinging K2 a couple times, I bought K1 and I really have to say, I like K1 much more than K2. The planets, such as Dantooine are bigger. At first, I was getting lost in Dantooine and I don't recall ever getting lost in K2. Also, Dantooine seems much more scenic in K1 than in K2.

I just left Dantooine and haven't explored any of the other planets yet but I get the feeling that I should expect the same from the rest of them. Also, for a game that came out over a year earlier than K2, K1 seems to have better graphics, not to mention it feels like a more complete game than K2, which was obviously rushed.

That was a key problem with II - it WAS rushed.

But yes, 1 was a lot more scenic and pleasant than 2. Of course 2 was supposed to be a war-torn, desolute galaxy due to the destruction of the Jedi and assaults by Darth Nihilus and co...but still...

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...