The Firefly Season 2 Project

zer"0"

home.jpg

Captain Mal and the crew of Serenity need your help to stay flying.

We are looking to push the envelope of episodic television by offering Season Two of Firefly in a groundbreaking new format. Each episode (or the entire season) would be made available for purchase in Standard or Hi-Definition.

It's possible that subscribers may choose one of three playback options; monthly DVD deliveries, TV On-Demand using your cable or satellite provider, or computer viewing via Streaming Download.

It's also possible that a box set of DVD's would be available at the end of the season.

In order for our plan to be successful, we need to take stock of the browncoat recruits that support our cause. It will only take a minute, is strictly confidential, and each profile will take us one step closer to victory!

LINK:http://www.fireflyseason2.com/Index.asp

Fellow browncoats! Support a just cause, it only takes a few seconds. Salute!

To the mods: I sincerely hope this is within forum rules. Its just a heads-up to those fans of Firefly that frequent the

forums here. Heh, you may even be fellow browncoats yourselves. :ermm:

Edited by zer"0"

Well, if Joss is on board with this then all is good. :ermm:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

As far as I know, Joss isn't on board. Their website says nothing except they're independent of Fox. A news report from January 28th says he's not, either. If that had changed, I would have thought the website would be using that information.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What worked for Family Guy was how popular it was on Cartoon Network. Something that's also working for Futurama, which is about to get new episodes/movie (I don't recall which).

These people aren't looking to do that, however. They're looking to actually acquire the rights from Fox and start producing it, themselves.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What worked for Family Guy was how popular it was on Cartoon Network. Something that's also working for Futurama, which is about to get new episodes/movie (I don't recall which).

These people aren't looking to do that, however. They're looking to actually acquire the rights from Fox and start producing it, themselves.

Well, consider that Firefly's budget is way above both of those shows, and you have a decent idea of how likely a revival is. It's an expensive project. Family Guy is well produced, but I doubt it's anywhere near the production costs of a full motion video show, particularly one with special effects and exotic sets.

I also doubt this project can get off the ground without Joss Whedon. I could actually see it going animated on the Cartoon Network, but I bet there are rights management issues.

Ah, I didn't catch that. That'll suck regardless.

btw, your avatar's a little screwy.

Well, consider that Firefly's budget is way above both of those shows, and you have a decent idea of how likely a revival is. It's an expensive project. Family Guy is well produced, but I doubt it's anywhere near the production costs of a full motion video show, particularly one with special effects and exotic sets.

I'm not sure how much Firefly or Family Guy cost (considering the terrible quality of the animation itself in Family Guy I'm assuming it's not much) but Futurama was pretty expensive, the second most expensive animated show ever, IIRC (behind the short-lived CG show Father of the Pride). The main thing was the amount of time it took to produce an episode.

Have 13 episode seasons.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"