New Xbox 360

Krookie

I know most of you are PC gamers, but I found this pretty interesting, and depressing at the same time. After spending close to $500.00 total on my Xbox 360 (including Live membership and everything else), I found this article on Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6168148/i...topslot;title;2

0001.jpg

The Xbox 360 "Elite" will have:

-120 GB Hard drive

-HDMI port/cable

-Black paint

It's not really that big of a step up, and I sure as hell won't be shelling out the $479.00 for it, but I know some people will. On a personal level, I'm pretty annoyed with Microsoft at this point. I buy your console less then half a year ago, and already your releasing this guy? This is the first time that I've regretted buying a new console so fast.

If no HD DVD built in then its not worth it. I'll wait to get an X Box 360, if it is still viable, when I can get this system $100 or less.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Probably and by that time what X Box 360 games I would get will already be out on PC. HA! Therefore making it unnecessary to buy a X Box 360.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The seperate HD-DVD unit is also compatible with XP via its USB port. Aren't the new HD players pretty expensive still? This could be a cheaper alternative.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yes, but getting the new X Box with the HD DVD drive is more expensive than one just getting a PS3 with a next gen drive already built in.

Who the bloody heck cares about 120 gigs HD. It's a console.

Is that the best Dark Raven impression you can do? :-

I know most of you are PC gamers, but I found this pretty interesting, and depressing at the same time. After spending close to $500.00 total on my Xbox 360 (including Live membership and everything else), I found this article on Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6168148/i...topslot;title;2

0001.jpg

The Xbox 360 "Elite" will have:

-120 GB Hard drive

-HDMI port/cable

-Black paint

It's not really that big of a step up, and I sure as hell won't be shelling out the $479.00 for it, but I know some people will. On a personal level, I'm pretty annoyed with Microsoft at this point. I buy your console less then half a year ago, and already your releasing this guy? This is the first time that I've regretted buying a new console so fast.

The HDMI port seems nice, but the 120 gig hard drive and black paint really don't even seem necessary. I still have my old X-Box with a ton of saved games, and haven't even come close to filling it.

Nevertheless, I'm already feeling better about not getting the 360 just yet. :sorcerer:

If the HD DVD was built it, it would almost be worth it.

This is the first time that I've regretted buying a new console so fast.

And the lack of games didn't make the case for you first?

Eh, I'm 15. And easy to please. Give me a couple explosions every few minutes and my interest will hold. I guess the RPG fans would be pretty disappointed, the only one being Kameo at launch, which sucked.

A teenager that is easily amused by explosions?!?!? QUICK! Get Jack!

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, I'll just get the harddrive seperately when MS finally get around to launching Video Marketplace internationally. Because it's only the absolute tech-obsessed who download a ton off of that, and *want* that HDMI port who really are gonna be interested in this system.

The days where you could jusy go buy a console and be done with it are over, if the corporats think they can make money with addos, upgrades and whatnot, theyre going to do it. So you might aswell just buy a PC >_<"

The 360 v.2 is also supposed to be much quieter in operation.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It uses a 65nm processor if memory serves, which requires a quieter fan and draws less power and makes less heat.

makes me pissed, to be honest. But i was lucky, I got the 500$ Xbox 360 for 100$ less, and 12 GB is enough for me...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"