Say Hello to Mr. Big Nose.

karka

Looks fun to me, but I've finished all of the GTA games since III, and have always been happy with them.

I agree with Mr Terminator Bear.

I've played through III, VC and SA multiple times. In fact I'm itching to play SA again right now...

Edited by Hell Kitty

GTA is one of top franchises in gaming market so this IS big news, although I personally don't like them very much. They are, however, quality and games deserves their popularity.

However I am going to play this after it eventually comes for PC.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm really interested in the protagonist for this one. I have to say that playing an older Russian thug is by far the most appealing choice so far. The Italian mafia was fun, and the thug life was an awesome change up, but I can't wait to play a Russian. I just hope they throw in enough "In Soviet Russia..." jokes.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2924

I couldn't care less... Still it's an important news eh?

I see us PC gamers are getting screwed again... a good 6+ months for a port no doubt. :/

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I'm really interested in the protagonist for this one. I have to say that playing an older Russian thug is by far the most appealing choice so far. The Italian mafia was fun, and the thug life was an awesome change up, but I can't wait to play a Russian. I just hope they throw in enough "In Soviet Russia..." jokes.

one of your jobs will probably have to do with Mail order Brides.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm really surprised how many folks seem pretty negative about GTA on this board. There is no better sandbox game on the market, in my opinion. I'm pretty excited, it looks very stunning. I've been playing Crackdown, which is an excellent GTA clone, but the real thing is always better.

I've never finished a GTA. That's not really why I play. I usually advance the storyline just enough to get access to all the areas.

Would it have a quicksave this time around? I played Vice City and liked it, but repeating the missions ad nauseam (including the driveup to get the mission, the cutscene and then the whole way to location) because I am a klutz killed it for me. I finished "Mafia" with much grinding of teeth :verymad:, but it had such a great story that I just felt compelled to. Even so, I merely liked it a lot instead of adoring it, due to lack of free saving and resulting need to repeat certain segments dozens of times.

If you fail a mission and retry it, you're usually allowed to skip past parts of the mission that are irrelevant, driving to a different part of town to pick up something, for example.

And if they employ the same mechanism they created for Vice City Stories, which I hope they will, if you die you'll be able to regain all of the weapons you had before you bit it for a flat rate of $2,000, which seriously cuts down on the reload factor. The annoying thing about some GTA missions is that they're difficult to beat the first time around. I'm stuck in Vice City Stories for exactly that reason.

Edited by Pop

• 2 weeks later...

Stolen from Gamespot:

Leaked scans of the Game Informer's May issue indicate it will feature a major story on Grand Theft Auto IV that reveals many details of the game. One such nugget of information was that yes, the game will be set in Liberty City--but it won't be the same metropolis as GTA III.

In news that will not please Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the new Liberty City is directly modeled on four of New York's five boroughs and part of suburban New Jersey. Each section has been renamed--Brooklyn is now Broker, for example--as have the iconic city's various landmarks. As shown in the trailer, the MetLife Building is now the GetaLife Building, and the Statue of Liberty is now called the Statue of Happiness. The city will also have a smaller land mass than San Andreas, but apparently hardly a speck of open land, with each inch being an imitation of New York City's jam-packed environs.

The article also confirms the game's protagonist is an immigrant from an unnamed Eastern European country. Named Niko Belic, he apparently arrives in the US after an extensive correspondence with his cousin Roman, who claims to have amassed wealth, cars, and girlfriends. When Niko arrives, though, he discovers Roman is a poor taxi-stand manager who has apparently become mixed up in Liberty City's multiethnic underworld.

As expected, GTA IV will have much-improved physics over prior installments in the series. Its use of the new RAGE engine, previously used in Rockstar Presents Table Tennis, will allow for much more fluid character animation, which will affect the environments when appropriate.

In GTA IV, non-player characters will also reportedly be superior to prior installments. In February, Rockstar licensed NaturalMotion's Euphoria technology--also being seen in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed--which allows for complex NPC behavior and realistic NPC movement. Officially, Rockstar is using the engine only in "next-generation titles." However, NPCs in GTA IV sound like a complex bunch indeed, with such things as drinking and speech varying according to ethnic and economic types, according to GI.

Other tidbits in the May Game Informer include confirmation that GTA IV is set in the present day, and will have a corresponding soundtrack. It will also allow characters to enter and exit buildings with out San Andreas-style load times. Last but certainly not least, the game will feature some sort of multiplayer component, but not be massively multiplayer, as some had rumored.

The news was not all good, however. As rumored, the game will not feature any planes, presumably to avoid the publicity trainwreck of having Niko fly one into a replica of a New York landmark, 9/11-style. The game will have motorcycles, however.

Grand Theft Auto IV will arrive on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the US and Europe in mid-October.

I'm really looking forward to not finishing this game, just like the rest.

But the GTA series is a great way to waste time. I can't wait to hear who's doing the voice work. This sounds like a job for Dolph Lundgren. No wait, Yakov Smirnoff!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

But the GTA series is a great way to waste time.

Ah, how true that is. Wasting my life beating people senseless with a bat is one heck of a way to waste a weekend.I wonder what side missions there would be. Selling vodka and cigarettes?

With each 3D GTA game, it's the same story. I can play them for hours and hours, but eventually I get frustrated and cheat my way through a mission.

San Andreas was different though. I got fairly far in the game without cheating (My brother was out of prison) before just giving up.

Just driving through the countryside in those games was more fun than any "driving/racing" game I've ever played.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Just driving through the countryside in those games was more fun than any "driving/racing" game I've ever played.

You should try Test Drive Unlimited.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

One thing that I don't really like about GTA is what hades said they remedied. you take forever to get a zillion guns and ammo and body armor and your a walking tank, then in one quick move you've lost it all.

Another is that some of the missions can be too hard for a casual, or require you to move a specific way (in a sandbox game? Not good)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But the GTA series is a great way to waste time.

Ah, how true that is. Wasting my life beating people senseless with a bat is one heck of a way to waste a weekend.

Sure, some might say wasting, others might say your getting valuable life experience. :huh: