An Act of War?

Sand

I am wondering if Great Britain will end up going to war with Iran over the captured soldiers. If so, I wonder how many nations will be willing to give them support. If they do I do hope that Bush and Congress can see the wisdom in not joining them in giving support of troops and equipment for we are already in a 2 front war in Afganistan and Iraq. Showboating prisoners one thing I do detest. Either execute them for crossing your borders as combatants or return them if it was an honest mistake.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Most definitely an act of war. And, Britain's friends including the US should join them if it goes that far. I doubt it though. I don't think Britain has the ballz to go that far.

Also, Iran gave evidenced that the British follk weren't in their waters... then subsequently refuted their own evidence with new evidenced after they were politely informed that their evidenced proved that the Brits wer ein iraq waters.

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, it has been reported by the people of Iran that they view their president as the Iranian version of George W. Bush.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Except the true ruler of Iran isn't an elected official. And, the one that ws elected had lots of helping including mucho intimidation, an outright outlawing of certain candidates that were seen as threats to the ruling powers. R00fles!

I am wondering if Great Britain will end up going to war with Iran over the captured soldiers.

Dont be daft. Do you really think theres even a slight possibility of that happening?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am wondering if Great Britain will end up going to war with Iran over the captured soldiers.

Dont be daft. Do you really think theres even a slight possibility of that happening?

Yes, if the USA and 'allies' 'suggest' UK to DOW Iran, then yes.

Nations had enough of USA making wars, but Uk making a war and then his ally (USA) joining would be a new version of the story.

IB1OsQq.png

Yes, if the USA and 'allies' 'suggest' UK to DOW Iran, then yes.

Nations had enough of USA making wars, but Uk making a war and then his ally (USA) joining would be a new version of the story.

Not new enough, I'm afraid. I agree that if the UK were looking for an excuse to go to war, this might just about cover it, but it's not. We're about to have a change of Prime Minister, and Gordon Brown has watched Tony Blair's popularity and credibility being shredded over the issue of Iraq - and various allied issues. He's not about to start his term as Prime Minister with another foreign adventure arm in arm with George Bush. It would be electoral suicide.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"Nations had enough of USA making wars, but Uk making a war and then his ally (USA) joining would be a new version of the story."

Iran is making the war here; not Britain.

Iran has a standing army much larger and more advanced than what Iraq had in 1991 or 2003. Britain would not have a chance on their own, and the U.S is too economicly stretched to handle both the rebuilding of Iraq and mount a full-scale war in Iran no matter how much theyd like to.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Iran has a standing army much larger and more advanced than what Iraq had in 1991 or 2003. Britain would not have a chance on their own, and the U.S is too economicly stretched to handle both the rebuilding of Iraq and mount a full-scale war in Iran no matter how much theyd like to.

not to mention the first thing Iran would do in a war would be to 'liberate Iraq from the occupation of USA'

US trooops couldn't stand their ground there against the iranian masses, and many iraquis would also join their side

so many lifes of lost people in iraq for nothing if this happens

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

"Iran has a standing army much larger and more advanced than what Iraq had in 1991 or 2003. Britain would not have a chance on their own, and the U.S is too economicly stretched to handle both the rebuilding of Iraq and mount a full-scale war in Iran no matter how much theyd like to. "

You assume there'd be a ground invasion. There likely wouldn't be. Nor would it have to be full scale. Iraq (and even Afghanistan to a lesser extent) was different because the itnent all along was to take control fo the country,albeit, temporary. In this case, it would be a show of power to make sure Iran doesn't do soemthing this again.

"not to mention the first thing Iran would do in a war would be to 'liberate Iraq from the occupation of USA'

US trooops couldn't stand their ground there against the iranian masses, and many iraquis would also join their side"

1. The US troops have superior fire power. It's not just about numbers. iraqi army had millions of soldiers to compared to the US' 100k + 50k from allies. It didn't help them.

And, yeah, many Iraqis would likely join the Iranians. And, many wouldn't. And, many more still would stand back and not do anything to either side.

Iran would be absolutely retarded to doa full scale invasion of Iraq.

All that said,...

a) I'd rather not see war - full scale or not.

b) 15 soliders is likely not enough for Britain to go to war.

c) 15 soldiers is likely not enough for Iran to go.

There's very little to gain for either side.

Iran already started it by attacking British soliders, and taking them as prisoners. It all depends on how much British wants to push back. Probably not that much, most likely.

Iran already started it by attacking British soliders, and taking them as prisoners. It all depends on how much British wants to push back. Probably not that much, most likely.

I'd imagine it'll be an SAS rescue operation or something like that if military action takes place, and we probably won't know about it till it's over and done with.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me