So, is anyone going to get C&C3

I'm right on the brink of ordering this game after reading a review in PC Zone where they basically said it's the perfect evolution of the standard build and rush RTS. I'm not a huge one for complicated strategy, I didn't even get past the tutorial in Shogun: Total War (it's bloody hard) and the game I've put the most hours into is easily Warcraft III, so I'm sorely tempted to buy this purely as a guilty pleasure. I don't have the time or bandwidth to download the demo right now, has anyone here played it? There didn't seem to be a huge buzz when it was released.

On the other hand I have so many other games I should really get around to playing through, just this week I acquired Psychonauts and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (hardest game to type ever?). Maybe I should just wait a few months and see what happens.

Christ! I haven't even got into Act 2 in NWN2 yet...damn you, Khelgar-disappearing bug!

Edited by Big Bottom

I'm going to get C&C3. I played the demo, short, but I enjoyed it. In preperation for this release, I purchased Command & Conquer: The First Decade and have been watching the movies because the first games bore me too quick and Tiberian Sun crashes on me. -.-

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The first time I ever saw Kane was in the trailer announcing his return for C&C 3. After watching all these movies from the previous games, I love that spikey bald headed man(check it out, his head isn't round, it's like a misshapen oval). It's kind of sad that he's not directing the FMVs (he did so for the previous games), but oh well!

Edited by Tale

Its EA. I won't buy EA games.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I look forward to getting it. I have waited for a good C&C game since Red Alert 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Kane Edition shall be MINES!

Although it saddens me that I support EA by getting this game there still isn't way I would not get this. Some of my best gaming memories lies within C&C games, especially Red Alert 2, and demo was blast. :)

Besides, it has KANE! :woot: :woot:

So, I guess it's quite clear I shall buy this game... :sweat:

Rule of thumb Hassan. You can't kill the messiah! :o

Oh, and of course the absolutely awesomely magnificent Nod ending of Tiberian Sun.

The end... is the beginning

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Apparently the game is released a day early. On my way to Best Buy to pick up a Kane Edition.

Edited by Tale

Apparently the game is released a day early. On my way to Best Buy to pick up a Kane Edition.

Release date was the 26th. :ermm: I picked up my Kane Edition from EB earlier today. I've got #37650 of 100000. :thumbsup:

Official release date according to EA is the 28th. It's plastered all over the website.

If this is the "perfect evolution of the standard build and rush RTS", then what is Dark Crusade? Or is it categorized as something akin to Total War series now, with teh inclusion of world map and out-of-battle strategy.

Heh, no that it matters, I'm gonna acquire Tiberium Wars come hell or high water. Or hail, though I'd prefer the crystals to be small.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Release date was the 26th. :ermm: I picked up my Kane Edition from EB earlier today. I've got #37650 of 100000. :ermm:

Official release date according to EA is the 28th. It's plastered all over the website.

They've got a big "In stores now!" thing on the site along with something about a launch event at a best buy in Hollywood with Joe Kucan. Either way it's out now so this is all pointless anyway. :thumbsup:

Oh, please.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm stuck on the Washington DC NOD mission. Even on Easy Difficulty the GDI is swarming me.

I think I've realized my problem. I don't trust fanatics enough.

Edited by Tale

So is this a good game or what? I played the demo and GDI was pretty over powered but both races were pretty much the same units with different models and features. So I was a little disappointed in that but I'm so bored and this is supposed to be an amazing year for pc.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

If this is the "perfect evolution of the standard build and rush RTS", then what is Dark Crusade? Or is it categorized as something akin to Total War series now, with teh inclusion of world map and out-of-battle strategy.

Heh, no that it matters, I'm gonna acquire Tiberium Wars come hell or high water. Or hail, though I'd prefer the crystals to be small.

I don't think they see Dark Crusade as a 'standard' build and rush RTS. The whole control point thing is a bit of a departure from that formula plus you pretty much never see DoW players massing units. I should point out that the score they gave C&C3 was 85 or 86 percent, it's just the review made it sound right up my alley. The new Battlecast feature is pretty cool too, anyone can download the client free of charge and view replays or live broadcasts complete with a commentator who can draw arrows and suchlike on the screen. It won't be released for a couple of months I'm guessing but it's still a nifty idea. :teehee: