TMNT

Oerwinde

Just got back from seeing this. Great movie. They pulled a Superman Returns and just made a sequel to the first movie. Only it was way better than Superman Returns.

The Raph/Leo fight is possibly one of the greatest fight scenes of any film ever.

Too bad the punks behind me thought everything was hilarious and just laughed at everything. I wanted to punch them in the face.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've heard little good about this movie. Which is bad because of how desperately I've been considering seeing it. Most reviews seem to feel it took itself too seriously.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tale you need to see it. I am not sure how anyone can not enjoy this movie.

I took my little brother to see it the first showing after he got out of school opening day. It was a blast. The animation is excellent and the whole thing was just fun. It walked the line between humorous and gritty to boot.

The only thing I didn't really like was that Casey Jones wasn't nearly thuggish enough.

I think one of the most amusing parts for me was that

Donatello was working as a Help Desk Technician, and the line "No I'm not playing hard to get I'm telling you sir, its not that kind of phone line!"

Poor bastard. :D

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I think the only bad thing about the movie was the horribly obvious setup for a sequel. I mean she could have just said "I will see you in the sequel" and it would have had the same effect.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I dunno, that didn't really bother me.

It pissed me off that they turned Casey into a ninja that uses a hockey stick for a sword instead of a thug that beats people with sporting equipment though. Also his character model should've been more ripped than it was despite stylistic choices.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I dunno, that didn't really bother me.

It pissed me off that they turned Casey into a ninja that uses a hockey stick for a sword instead of a thug that beats people with sporting equipment though. Also his character model should've been more ripped than it was despite stylistic choices.

Yeah, I mean Winters was huge and was a businessman, Casey was a vigilante, he needed to be bigger. I think they tried to make him a tad less ninjalike, like when he and Raph are running across rooftops and Raph is flipping and leaping and Casey is just kinda hopping.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was a big fan of TMNT back when in the day. I especially liked the original comics by Eastman and Laird. The artwork was cool and the stories were dark and gritty (at least to my 5th grader mind back then).

I'll probably see this movie, but when it comes out on DVD.

I was a big fan of TMNT back when in the day. I especially liked the original comics by Eastman and Laird. The artwork was cool and the stories were dark and gritty (at least to my 5th grader mind back then).

I'll probably see this movie, but when it comes out on DVD.

SEE IT NOW

Devastatorsig.jpg

I saw it earlier today and I really liked it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I miss the very first TMNT movie... that one was awesome and without computer animations!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I find the first turtles movie a little hard to watch because of its 80s-ness. The effects are great, its actually well written and acted, but the crazy clothes and hair and such are just a little much for me. Not saying its not still awesome... I just actually think TMNT works better in animation.

Heres hoping for Bebop and Rocksteady in the sequel!

Devastatorsig.jpg

Heres hoping for Bebop and Rocksteady in the sequel!

I thought I heard something about Bebop and Rocksteady at the start of the song in the ending credits. I didn't catch much of it though so I couldn't be sure. :blink:

Thank the Gods of Olympia for that! :x

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have to see this.

So it's Eastman-Laird canon or something?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have to see this.

So it's Eastman-Laird canon or something?

It a sequel to the live action movies, while pretty much disregarding most of 2 and 3, much like Superman Returns was a sequel to Superman 2. The only mention of TMNT 2 and 3 is various objects from those 2 movies in Splinter's trophy case at the end. Their Sewar lair took some design nods from the new animated series too. Also, Peter Laird was an executive producer for the film, which could mean anything from him being directly involved in some decisions, to they only named him that so fans wouldn't be angry.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can't deny that Raph/Leo fight was awesome though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So, is this movie worth me shoveling out the seven dollars in my purse and watching some of my favorite turtles of all time kick butt? From your high praise on this movie, Oerwinde, I feel compelled to watch it. But, if I haven't seen an episodeof TMNT in say...three years (don't kill me) can I comprehend this even though I'm still a fan? From what I hear from all of you, it's worth it.

Or should I just wait for it to hit DVD or HBO?

So, is this movie worth me shoveling out the seven dollars in my purse and watching some of my favorite turtles of all time kick butt? From your high praise on this movie, Oerwinde, I feel compelled to watch it. But, if I haven't seen an episodeof TMNT in say...three years (don't kill me) can I comprehend this even though I'm still a fan? From what I hear from all of you, it's worth it.

Or should I just wait for it to hit DVD or HBO?

If you were a fan of the show at any time, then its definitely worth the money. Especially if you like the 2003 series, as its MUCH more like than than the old 80s cartoon. Its definitely a sequel to the first movies, as the movie supposedly takes place a year or so after defeating Shredder, and Shredder's movie mask and the time scepter from TMNT III make an appearance in Splinter's trophy room at the end. But being animated the storyline adds more of the mystical/bizarre that the 2003 cartoon had. While the character designs for the turtles are more in line with the original comics, and the human designs are more like The Incredibles. I paid 11 bucks to see it and have no regrets. Then again I'm the biggest 80s cartoon fan on this board.

I will say this though: Its not like Pixar level oscar winning good, but its really everything a Turtles film should be.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 months later...

animate thread

I just saw the movie. The scene where Winters... transcends... is almost identical to a certain ending of Torment. This cannot be a coincidence.

All in all, TMNT is one of the better movies I've seen this year.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.