knights of the old republic games on vista

You will need to put the games in WIndows XP compatibility mod or you will have some graphical hiccups. Beyond that they work very well for me.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You will need to put the games in WIndows XP compatibility mod or you will have some graphical hiccups. Beyond that they work very well for me.

I tried it again but this time in WIndows XP compatibility mode here is the error i got both times. :-

If anyone else has gotten this error in vista please let me know that i'm not the only one. :yes:

post-19974-1174794049_thumb.jpg

Edited by hugh750

Someone else was asking the samething, I think that some versions of Vista run the game better than others. The other thread is here. Hope it helps.

PS; I think that if any of the mods are reading this it might be a good idea to have a sticky thread titled 'Running KOTOR on Vista' so we can put all the information we get on this in one place. Something tells me that this is not the last question we're going to get on this.

PS; I think that if any of the mods are reading this it might be a good idea to have a sticky thread titled 'Running KOTOR on Vista' so we can put all the information we get on this in one place. Something tells me that this is not the last question we're going to get on this.

Seconded

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

As suggested in the FAQ on the Kotor 2 forum, you're probably better off looking for help in the LucasArts Tech Support forum as well as here - there seem to be more solutions getting posted there. Good luck, and if you do find something that works, please let me know, and I'll add a note linking the error message and the solution in the FAQ.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)