what path 1st?

first time you played you went...  

53 members have voted

1. 1. what path did you go on the first time you played?

• Light all the way!
    • Mostly light.
    • Gray.
    • Mostly dark.
    • Dark all the way!

i personaly wen mostly light. my first time i played i didnt realy understand KOTOR1 that much but i loved both of them lol

by the way on Nar-shadaa i dont count the time that you get dark points for either choice giving the guy creds and watching him get the crud knocked out of him or him starve to death or however he dies.

Edited by KOTORgamerKyle

Mandilore + Darkside = galaxy's destroyed!!! too bad Mandilore cant become a Sith )=

I honestly don't quite remember. I have a habit of re-starting RPG's repeteadly while trying to figure out what character I want to use, so what came 'first' always gets muddled. I finished the game once mostly Dark (it kept going up and down a while), but went almost pure Light every other time.

I still think Dark is a bit more fun, but Light was easier to deal with in terms of most NPC's.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lightside first time and everytime after. :)

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I tried DS only once, and during that time I never made it off Peragus

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

when playing RPG's I always start off pure good the first time cause I belive in being a good Giy!

But my second tim through I go pure evil :lol:

after all that I've learned were going LS is a pain and were being DS is not so good.

K1ie: great Farakan shark much better to destroy the machin than git kicked off Mannan permantly.

But you git more money for going LS on the Kassayk wookie murder

K2:Ds If you kill all the Rodian Gaurds on the Telos Staion and destroy the consol then your skrewed.

Ls: Paying lots of money to git Opo chano's credentals or save him from the exange is a pain. Biying Rana and giving her up is also a big pain.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Ls: Paying lots of money to git Opo chano's credentals or save him from the exange is a pain. Biying Rana and giving her up is also a big pain.

You can lend Opo the money and then once you leave Telos and come back he will pay you back the 2000 credits. :lol: And you can win Rana in a pazaak game and therefore shell out no money for her, IIRC.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

"Canon" DS first, then LS 'for fun'.

After all, SW is filled with too many stories about the good guys prevailing. We need some anti-heroes, and if the KOTOR series allows us to choose, then let us choose.

K2:Ds If you kill all the Rodian Gaurds on the Telos Staion and destroy the consol then your skrewed.

Well, I think it is a bug to destroy the console. I don't think you can at all.

Edited by SilentScope001

Evil is always so much more comical in computer games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

LS. Even in games that have an 'evil' option, it's often poorly thought through and inconsistent, definitely weaker than the 'good' path. On the second playthrough that's fine because you have a vague idea of where you should be going and what you should be doing, but on the first run there's too much risk that you'll get confused and screw up the game or your character or both. I would like to play the 'evil' path first one day, but I don't really have confidence in many developers to get it right.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Lightside, first time, second time, third time, fourth.....

I think you get the idea.

I'm just a nice guy. What can I say?

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

Dark Side. Loved the game play, yet the story began to lack the true essence of A star wars tale. Not because of it being DS because books like Darth Vader Dark Lord Rising or whatever the title was and Darth Bane Path of destruction do this type of tale nicely. I don't know but both ways the Light Side story is more fulfilling but not the game play.

Whilst I do stick to the light side, sometimes there are people who infuriate me so so much that I just want to pulverize them (Colonel Tobin, anyone?)

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

I was light side becuz I was confused because I didn't know there was a kotor 1.

Uh...The title of the game is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I mean, it says it clearly on the box what game it is. If there's a two on something it usually means that there's a game before it. (Meaning it's a sequel).

But, getting back on topic...I prefer to take the lightside. It's the "proper" way to play the game, as someone said before. It just gets you familiar with the story and so forth, as it was meant to be played out because Star Wars is canonically lightside for some reason or another. Then, after you're done being a good person, I usually go the Grey Jedi route, the best of both worlds. When you're done being neutral, then you can go ahead and be all evil if you want.