Windows Vista

Weird. I got both KotOR and KotOR 2 working on my Vista system. Have you tried putting them in Windows XP compatibility mod?

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I've seen some w/Vista who seem to run Kotor2 ok. I suspect like with any major O/S change it'll vary between users and other equipment they use.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, I can play Fallout so all is good. :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Have you tried running it in XP compatibility mode?

Have you tried running it in XP compatibility mode?

> KOTOR

- Can

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Um... You can put the disc in, open the properties on that file, then select Windows XP on that executionable and install. It doesn't need to be already installed in order to make use of that feature.

Um... You can put the disc in, open the properties on that file, then select Windows XP on that executionable and install. It doesn't need to be already installed in order to make use of that feature.

Oh, alright.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Once in a great while I do know what I am talking about. :thumbsup:

I call BS.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was going to just act like him and just disagree for the sake of it, but then I remembered that i didn't care.

I call BS.

So, are you saying that you can install a program while using Windows XP compatibility mode? Then you are wrong. You can. If this is about your personal feelings towards me then take it to PM for that is off topic to this poster's problem.

I call BS.

So, are you saying that you can install a program while using Windows XP compatibility mode? Then you are wrong. You can. If this is about your personal feelings towards me then take it to PM for that is off topic to this poster's problem.

How's this for off-topic: lighten up, buddy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Good news!!!

I open the game folder on the first KOTOR CD and selected de "Setup" myself to initiate the install mode. It worked.

I guess this is the way to go when the install.exe doesn't kick in.

Should have thought of this before.

I figured I ended this thread with the statement: problem solved and also say thanks to everyone that posted in to help me out.

:)