Anakin Really the chosen one?

Has this ever been discussed before?

It was lagely accepted by the council that Anakin was the chosen one. Yet in episode III yoda says, that the prophacy may have been misread.

Could this perhaps be interpreted that the prophcy was about Luke and the it was misread by 1 generation?

This discussion is about the prophacy itself, not the events that actualy took place.

Anakin was the chosen one. There was no doubt about that. Sure, they might have misread it wrong or something, but he was the one. He brought balance back to the Force when he dumped good ol' Sidious (probably spelled that wrong) down a four mile shaft and watched as he turned six different shades of blue.

I think the reason why Yoda says that the prophecy was misread was because of Anakin's dark deeds and what he was turning in to. He, or at least I think so, didn't know that Anakin would turn back to the light with the aid of his son twenty years later. He was probably just doubtful of what was going on and of Anakin in particular.

The prophecy was always about Anakin, if you look at it. There was "peace" in the galaxy under the Empire. No wars, no blood shedding, but definitely oppression. Still, peace if you take it sort of loosely. He then brought balance as he dumped the wrinkled fart down the shaft. So, Anakin is it, or as GL likes to say.

GL himself has said Anakin was chosen one.

End of debate

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I know there are many that disagree, but I believe that the prophecy was misinterpreted in the means by which Anakin would bring balance to the force (and then bring peace to the galaxy).

Balance to the force ... when he and Palpatine were done with the Jedi, there were only two Jedi and two Sith

Killing Palpatine and ending the empire ... peace to the galaxy

I know there are many that disagree, but I believe that the prophecy was misinterpreted in the means by which Anakin would bring balance to the force (and then bring peace to the galaxy).

Balance to the force ... when he and Palpatine were done with the Jedi, there were only two Jedi and two Sith

Killing Palpatine and ending the empire ... peace to the galaxy

The Jedi are not the force. Even while the Jedi were the more numerous, the force was immensely "clouded" by the Dark Side.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The prophecy read that the chosen one would destroy the Sith. The Jedi misread that to mean that he/she would be a great Jedi master. It never occured to them that the chosen one might become a Sith Lord and destroy the Sith from the inside. Anikin didn't just kill Sidious, but he also killed Vader in the process so by that measure he lived up to the prophecy.

Of course the part of the prophecy about lasting peace does come across as being just plain wrong. Even after the Empire came to power there was still fighting-the Rebellion was around before the clone wars ended, and that civil war lasted for another 15 or so years after Yavin....then there was the next war etc etc. If that is what the prophecy considers 'peace' I wouldn't want to be around during a time of war....

Anakin might not be the chosen one?

*sees Revan fanboys on the horizon, bolting in at full speed*

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

sometimes i think luke is bc he restored the order and ditched some of the old rules and kind of improved the jedi.

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Revan is too cool to be a "chosen one".

Chosen One must choose!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Guest The Architect
Chosen One must choose who chooses!

:lol:

Revan is not cool enough to be a "chosen one".

Fixed. :p:ermm:

GL himself has said Anakin was chosen one.

End of debate

combination-lock.jpg

:devil:

Might as well.

Edited by The Architect

You guys propably missed that joke. Anyway, here's the link to the "joke".

That's most stupidest and hilarious thing I've ever encountered in Kotor modding :lol:

To Architect: Dark Raven was telling the Truth when she said that Revan is too cool to be the chosen one.

At least Revan is cooler than the whiney Ass Anakin skywalker.

My five year old cousin who speaks only Spanish is cooler than Anakin Skywalker. That's like saying that dirt is amazing.

Anakin = waste of life. :lol:

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Omelette

^ :lol::sweat:

You guys propably missed that joke. Anyway, here's the link to the "joke".

That's most stupidest and hilarious thing I've ever encountered in Kotor modding :lol:

But, in the end, all the main quests are tied in together. When yhour PC finishes all of the quests, an uber jedi class called CHOSEN ONE is unlocked. this class gives you pretty much maxed out stats. After you become chosen one, you can play through a main quest called The Star Wars: The Chosen One must Choose. In this quest, the setting takes place 1000years after Kotor. You are a decendant of Revan and Bastilla and fght in a war between civilixations which have constructed their own star forges.

:lol: and :devil::p

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Guest The Architect

Damn the one hour edit limit! :sweat: How many times have I said that? And how many times have I said that Revan is overrated? :devil:

Yeah, I missed that Chosen One must choose joke.

Edited by The Architect

Revan is underrated by non-fanboys :ASD

Ha! Never saw that coming!

Edited by Xard

Guest Accept
*text about that Anakin pwnz*

Aw, just stfu u Anakin-fanboy!!!111 :verymad:

:):brows:

--

And if i had to choose a choosen one, then it would be... ehm, Bastila. :wub:

And my reasons are my own! :shifty:

Guest The Architect
Revan is underrated by non-fanboys :ASD

Ha! Never saw that coming!

Revan doesn

Edited by The Architect

Anakin is the Chosen One. Revan though awesome, and me a personal fan-boy of him, simply never had the power Anakin did. Revan was skilled because of military tactics and charisma, not necessarily the force. Anakin was truly powerful because of the force. he fulfilled what the prophecy said in many ways. When he turned to the darkside, he brought balance to himself knowing both paths. He brought balance to the galaxy by causing equilibrium in Sith power and jedi Numbers. By killing Sidious and himself, he sealed the galaxy in balance. Balance does not mean peace, it means the act of having an equality on two sides, light and darkside. Plus Anakin is cool as well. he is a much better character in writing and reading than in watching. TO understand what he thinks and feels makes him cool. Guess I am a Anakin Fanboy too.