What are you playing now?

Darque

You should go through Jade Empire as a lesbian.

Edit: EVIL lesbian

Is there really any kind of romantic resolution in the game at all?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

You should go through Jade Empire as a lesbian.

Edit: EVIL lesbian

Is there really any kind of romantic resolution in the game at all?

Yes. Though haven't tried it yet as an evil lesbian.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

All the romance is is at the end you get a cute little "and then there was X" where you become the companion who either saves the empire and is revered or becomes exactly what you were killing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

All the romance is is at the end you get a cute little "and then there was X" where you become the companion who either saves the empire and is revered or becomes exactly what you were killing.

Piffle, maybe in your romance, but that's because you suck with fake women!

I remember towards the end the one chick was getting ridiculously clingy and scary.

NWNII

its interesting... Two Fighters a Rogue and a sorceress run around blowing stuff up, but can't keep the damage away well enough so they have to rest after every fight (I'm in the process of "purging" a warehouse of valuables for the city watch.)

My 360 is broken. Any disk doesn't really spin, so I'm shipping it out to Microsoft. I had just 12 days left on my warrenty, which is good cause otherwise I'd be paying $140 to get it fixed. The deal they hand out with the warrenty isn't that bad either. They ship me a pre-paid box, I throw my 360 in there, mail it. If they can't fix it within 48 hours, they send me a temporary 360 until they can fix mine. They also threw in a one month subscription to Xbox Live to make up for my lost time.

I just started Metroid Fusion for the GBA. I've never actually played any Metroid more than just superficially before, so it'll be interesting. Too bad Super Metroid never got a port on GBA. Zero Mission is in the mail, though.

Otherwise, what with the playoffs and all, my brother and me have been going through a NHL 2007 (360) season. I have no idea why we're playing as Washington, though. The new use of the right analog as the hockey stick is pretty fun, actually. I quite like the new controls. We both still kind of suck. Aiming isn't so easy, and I always lose faceoffs. Our defensive has improved quite a bit - at least our habit of giving away completely idiotic goals has trended down. Our offensive is pretty horrible. We get very few shots on goal, and those usually aren't very good. Great fun, though.

On the PC end of things, I'm still trying to claim Carentan in Combat Mission - Beyond Overlord. At this end, I will never ever finish the Combat Mission series, much less in time for the new one (Shock Force, which apparently comes out in 1-2 months).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I think I'll go back to BF 2142, where I can actually kill a few things. I guess I'm just too slow for these run and gun shooters.

I will hunt you.

Oddly enough, that's exactly what alanschu said, right before he stepped on my claymore. He's still my number 1 victim :(

http://bf2s.com/player/43374929/

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf21...=&Profiles=

My sniper kills > Your sniper kills

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf21...2&Profiles=

RAWR!

I think I'll go back to BF 2142, where I can actually kill a few things. I guess I'm just too slow for these run and gun shooters.

I will hunt you.

Oddly enough, that's exactly what alanschu said, right before he stepped on my claymore. He's still my number 1 victim :(

RAWR!

I'm not quite sure how your 90 confirmed kills with a sniper rifle in BF2142 trumps my 257 confirmed kills with a sniper rifle in BF2. Please enlighten me.

I will hunt you.

RAWR!

I'm not quite sure how your 90 confirmed kills with a sniper rifle in BF2142 trumps my 257 confirmed kills with a sniper rifle in BF2. Please enlighten me.

It's 560 total. There's 3 sniper rifles. You missed the good one.

Edited by Tale

I just started Metroid Fusion for the GBA. I've never actually played any Metroid more than just superficially before, so it'll be interesting. Too bad Super Metroid never got a port on GBA. Zero Mission is in the mail, though.

It's jawesome. Sort of.

Since you haven't played any yet, here are a couple of things to consider.

*If you've played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the gameplay will be strikingly familiar. It's pretty much the same minus the spell and level up elements.

*The Gameboy Advance Metroids, much like their 2D predecessors and unlike the Prime series, will display different endings according to your completion speed and item percentage. Thus, the best ending will only be achieved by collecting all items and finishing the game under 3 hours. On your first run I don't suggest speeding through it, since much of the charm in the game is just that - exploring and finding just how and where to go to next. If you want to reach the best ending you should probably replay the game a couple of times until you know the map layouts, item locations and how to minimize your time spent on every task.

*As for the game itself, it's your standard Metroid - which is a good thing - with a higher focus on story - which is a bad thing. Unlike past games, Metroid Prime has Samus following orders from someone during the majority of the game. Past Metroid titles let you explore the gameworld without any restrictions except for the obvious ones (ie., lack of items to progress). It's not that Fusion restricts you a whole lot but it is a bit more heavy handed concerning your path.

*If you have a Gamecube, Metroid Prime and a GBA to NGC cable, you can copy your Fusion data to have Samus in Prime using the Fusion suit.

*Otherwise, just enjoy it.

I've put about 2 hrs in, taking my time. I'm wondering how close to finishing I actually am (I've beaten 3 or 4 bosses so far, I think). Then again, if replayability is good (and the gameplay does seem to warrant multiple playthroughs, especially if it entails different endings), it doesn't bother me too much. From memory, Dawn of Sorrow took me 6-7 hrs, and it was easily worth the price of admission (though it was the first 'Metroidvania' I fully played, so it was a new experience too - and I easily see how similar the two series are now), so this is pretty much a non-issue.

The game certainly seems linear, but the exploration aspects have been pretty enjoyable so far. The bosses have been pretty nice, but not necessarily mindblowing. I've died a few times, but the game hasn't been particularly difficult. Do you actually unlock a hard mode afterwards, or is that Zero Mission?

Maybe I'll get Super Metroid on the Virtual Console once I get a Wii.

Hadescopy.jpg

Yeah, the game has five different endings although they're not terribly good at that - in fact, other than bragging rights about the time and collectibles, it only gets you different pictures of Samus who'll wear less clothing the quicker you finish it. This is probably the worst part of the series concerning the "need" to rush through the game and then only getting a bikini clad Samus as a reward besides the standard ending (Super Metroid also suffers with this). I still like to beat it for the best ending for a challenge; knowing the rooms, exploiting enemy weaknesses and being able to reach places or do things that weren't exactly planned by developers is always great.

I know the Japanese version of both Metroid games for the GBA have a Hard Mode but I don't remember if they're present on the US and Euro versions. It's been a while since I played Fusion so I don't remember. I'll plug it in tomorrow to check for one.

Yes, the bosses aren't terribly difficult with the exception of the later ones. 3 or 4 you say? You're probably up to the Security Bot. Maybe I've withered in my reflexes over the years but past the Bot all the bosses required some effort. You'll be facing a pretty rad version of the bot later on, and a boss called Nightmare - hardest boss on the entire game - in Sector 5 (the ARC, IIRC).

Super Metroid is totally worth it. Larger game map, no one telling you where to go and a much creepier atmosphere - but of course, not a great story. Unfortunately, only one or two bosses are actually hard and as usual it's the ones in the later stages. And since you're playing Fusion now some of the atmosphere and gameplay in Super Metroid may not seem as fresh but still worth it in my humble opinion.

Haha, so much for different 'endings'. In any case, I'm all for the challenge.

In terms of bosses, I just beat the water serpent thingie.

I've played about 3 hrs of Metroid Prime when I had access to a cube. The exploration/atmosphere was very nice, but I couldn't really stand the controls. I'm wondering how receptive I would be to that type of gameplay using the wiimote. I'm not completely opposed to console FPS gameplay - I quite enjoy Halo (though only in coop). But the lack of dual analog really did hurt it. The boss battle in MP3 shown at E3 where you're falling off some pit looked really fun.

Hadescopy.jpg

What was it that people found so difficult about Nightmare? I didn't think any of them were particularly hard. The plant thing was the most infuriating for me. First I could never remember how to get to it and anyone who's faced it knows what the second reason was. >_<

I was playing NWN2... and my allied AI has died several times on me... well actually it's going between combat thats screwy.

I get in a fight with zombies who disease Khelgar. I complete a quest and and warped back to Fort Locke and khelgar spends several (in game) days before he finally dies of some sword or another for the debuffs to get removed.

and more recently Khelgar and Quara were dead in a fight when I left the building And their AI just flat out shuts off...

GRAAAAAGH!

GRAAAAAGH!

My thoughts exactly when I ran into that "feature". As it turned out (somebody pointed out to me) what happens is, in the scripted encounter/party changes (i.e. outside the Flagon), it sends a "Hold your Ground" message to your party members when done with the selection screen. The work around is to select you character and then broadcast a "Follow Me" command. Watch them wake up and follow you again :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What was it that people found so difficult about Nightmare? I didn't think any of them were particularly hard. The plant thing was the most infuriating for me. First I could never remember how to get to it and anyone who's faced it knows what the second reason was. :thumbsup:

The plant was tricky but there was a wider hitbox than that of Nightmare. If you failed to hit that precise spot you'd spend your missiles quickly without hitting anything. He also did moderate damage.

In hindsight though, that's pretty much how I nailed the second form of the Security Bot - by finding a flaw in the hit detection and scoring hits against it by pointing at a very specific set of pixels.