What are you playing now?

Darque

Stopped playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for a while, because I kept restarting the game to see if I could do this or that differently.

So now, I'm playing Civ IV.

Civ IV has become kind of my default game, for when there's nothing much else going on or I'm hanging around waiting for something. Like now, I'd just got into the mood for another run through of NWN2 and they went and pulled the latest patch - so now I'm playing Civ IV until they release it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guild Wars : Still can't say if I like it. Been playing for about 5 hours. I can't help but compare it to WoW but really, I find the graphics better but it lacks in animation quality/variety. No jumping hurts GW imo and some clipping issues as well. WoW is clearly superior in every way(except graphics) but my biggest gripe I have with GW, when compared to WoW, is that the interface and controls aren't as intuitive as Blizzard's juggernaut.

As a MMORPG, I give GW a 8/10.

Dreamfall : Hooked me right away. I installed this for my wife because she is bored to death on maternity leave(2 months left before the bigdealest day of our lives). So far, it's a 9/10.

I had to a total reinstall and lose my sexy lady character mod, in order to play Shivering Isles :shrugz:

Why is that, is everything working ok now?

I spent hours trying to diagnosing my problems. Oblivion sure is touchy about its Codecs and Graphic Drivers.

I had to delete my Nero software(because of its codecs), it was trial crap anyway that came with my DVD/CD R/RW optical Drive. After doing that I had to get the beta patch for the FormID bug. Then I had to get a different Graphic card driver. Luckily I found a newer one. Im using 101.02 Nvidia Forceware for WinXP 32Bit. Its working flawlessly. I got it from Tweaks R Us.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Dreamfall : Hooked me right away. I installed this for my wife because she is bored to death on maternity leave(2 months left before the bigdealest day of our lives). So far, it's a 9/10.
I love that game, maybe ill reinstall it also. I should wait and beat my oblivion Expansions first i suppose. Come to think about it, i have NWN2 sitting on my desk, never installed! :shrugz:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I had to a total reinstall and lose my sexy lady character mod, in order to play Shivering Isles :shrugz:

Why is that, is everything working ok now?

I spent hours trying to diagnosing my problems. Oblivion sure is touchy about its Codecs and Graphic Drivers.

I had to delete my Nero software(because of its codecs), it was trial crap anyway that came with my DVD/CD R/RW optical Drive. After doing that I had to get the beta patch for the FormID bug. Then I had to get a different Graphic card driver. Luckily I found a newer one. Im using 101.02 Nvidia Forceware for WinXP 32Bit. Its working flawlessly. I got it from Tweaks R Us.

Oblivion is also touchy about SLI. At first I was getting 40 fps in the grassy foliage areas, I knew something wasn't right. After a driver reinstall /w drivercleaner in safe mode, I rarely go below 60 fps now.

5 in the morning is what I get for starting a Civ game slightly before midnight. :shrugz:

I'm going to sleep...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

As a game, it's inferior to The Longest Journey. As a story, it's stronger.

Tell me what your score is when you hit the end.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I loved Dreamfall, maybe even more than TLJ. TLJ is a masterpiece, but I felt that Dreamfall kept me on the chair's edge all the time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Puzzle Quest has the best cheating AI ever.

Agreed.

What's funny is, when you're thinking about what move to make next the game will flash a cursor above which gem to move, sorta like a hint to help you out but it's actually trying to help itself out and screw you over. Still a fun game, though!

The hint is more a desperation move if there's only one or two possible moves on the grid.

In any case, the devs deny having the AI cheat. http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/04/01/puzzle-...at-but-you-can/

I would be skeptical given what I've played, but I doubt the devs would be stupid enough to flat-out lie about it (but you never know!). In any case, I've gotten my fair share of Heroic Efforts and 4/5-of-a-kinds, so it's not all one-sided.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

NWN2

Fallout 1

Fallout 2

C&C 3

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I've been enjoying my new 24" flat-panel display. I can run HL2 at 1920x1200 resolution (30-280 fps depending on the map and what I'm viewing), but, no surprise, definitely not NWN2 (still stuck at 1280x960 with poor but mostly playable framerates, regardless of the map or what I'm looking at). The display has vibrant colors which make the games look even better than before. Late evening in HL2 looks awesome. I'd post pics, but they're only as good as the monitor used to view them, so you probably wouldn't see what I see.

I was going to play NWN2 last night with a new character, but decided to hold off until patch 1.05 is finally released. I figured out how to disable the blasted ECL so all my characters level the same. ECL is just a new version of the funky multiclass limits of 2E and prior. One or two extra levels of growth doesn't break the game, and I don't have to wait until the end of the tutorial (or later) to finally gain a level.

It's weird how after a lonnnnng absence from a game it all seems so much better when you come back and play it again....I just the other day reinstalled KotOR1 on my computer and am looking forward to a nice run-through of that, even the starting area (I can't even remember the name of the ship! :)) was awesome fun.

Taking a long break from WoW now too I think....has a certain staleness to it now..

EDIT: Endar Spire! :D

Edited by Petay

Xenosaga: Episode II

Purchased Episode III when my computer broke down because I finally decided to give it all a chance. Finished Episode I last week and can't remember what I didn't like about it the first time I played it. It was an absolute treasure of a game. Episode II feels kind of disjointed due to different character style, combat speed, and different music composer. But, I'm enjoying it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'll only ever play a Lord of the Rings game that lets me kill hobbits. I hate hobbitses.

Edited by metadigital
my own silly brand of humour

I'll only ever play a Lord of the Rings game that lets me kill hobbits. I hate hobbitses.

Actually, there is a monster mode, and you just might be able to kill hobbittsessss.

My associates are torturing me by making Hobbit characters with my name and posting their screenshots on another forum. Grief them if you ever get the chance.