What are you playing now?

Darque

What am I playing right now?

Uh...well...I'm trying to play through Super Smash Bros. again after I deleted all the hard work that I had ever accomplished on that thing for my sister who would rather put Luigi's Mansion on there. *Sigh* I still have a lot more to get done on that.

I.. suck at this game. I've played the first race ten times now and I've come in last each time!

It helps if you buy the right car at the beginning. I went with the Audi TT Quattro. Easy to drive, cheap to upgrade and pretty fast for a class F car.

Myself, I have completed every race in the game except three: The Pass of Good Hope, The Narducci Loop and Tantalus. I can probably get the gold from the first two, but.. Tantalus seems impossible. You're supposed to drive a class A car (Enzo Ferrari, McLaren F1, Koenigsegg type of cars..) down a mountainside. The road is like a serpentine and it's full of traffic in both directions. You have very little time to do it on and the race is damage sensitive. By that I mean that the car has 100 "hitpoints" and if you either drive outside the tarmac or even nudge another car, you lose hitpoints. Once the car has zero the race is over. One tiny nudge on another car and you immediately lose 20.. IMPOSSIBLE!

Oh, and I still have to drive a bunch of whiny supermodels around the island, but those missions are so boring I just don't have it in me to finish them.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

FEAR demo.

It's a manic adrenaline rush. It's creepy and the physics are awesome (best performance ever by a tumbling corpse).

It's also a pure shooter -- the methamphetamine of games. So now I know what addicts play. Glad I got that out of my system.

I live in Las Vegas, but have no idea how to play poker.

I have two elder brothers and, during my upbringing, my family spent many a long weekend on our boat playing cards (think of it as equivalent to watery camping), primarily 500. I was a blackjack croupier for a few years (whilst I was studying at university), so I have an interest in the underlying mathematics of card games, as well as an interest in psychology. Both of these I can appreciate with a game of poker.

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I recently downloaded and tried the Dawn of Magic demo. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a poor man's version of Diablo.. or something. With what has to be the worst predetermined characters ever! You get to choose from an old, ugly man, a fat woman and a few others. Horrible. The game itself doesn't feel very coherent (quests and story is weird..), but it might be a fun time sink for a while. It's always fun to beat up on giant ants and stuff in the woods!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The Longest Journey/STALKER/Fallout 2/Neverwinter Nights 2

I usually play 3-4 games at once and finish 1 of them.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hit man blood money came with my graphics card. pretty sweet game in my opinion. That level is pretty cool but it took me forever because I was stuck in the "heaven" part and didn't know to go into the garage and go to the bottom until after searching forever. I like the part where you duel that guy in the dark too. Very sweet.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

PS:T

just got Annah and discovered a... pregnant alleyway

this game gets stranger by the minute. i mean, for a whiles i was clubbing people with my own severed arm =]

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

this game gets stranger by the minute. i mean, for a whiles i was clubbing people with my own severed arm =]

Sounds like you got the upper hand on them.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

You mean you were well armed?

:rimshot!:

Sounds like you got the upper hand on them.

Nice :x

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Medal of Honor : Vangard (PS2)

Short, easy, same thing as all the other MoHs, even the music.

12-15 missions, 3 of which begin with 82nd Airborn actually jumping out of a plane.

Not a bad game, well made, well produced, found one major bug in the very last 5 minutes of the very last mission when it fails to load a cutscene and freezes. Lame.

Overall the best word to describe it is Ordinary.

7/10

:(

I feel your pain. I couldn't help but like it, perhaps because it doesn't take itself too seriously and, unlike say... FFVIII, has characters that are actually likeable (?!? :) ). I can see me completing this and never playing it ever again though. How far in are you?

I'm not that far yet (10 hours or so, unlocked 5 achievements, I think), but I'm having trouble getting any further, in spite of still finding the game enjoyable. I keep getting these damn disc read errors, even though the disc is in pristine condition (ie: not a single smudge, let alone a scratch). It's the only game that's doing it to me too, so I'm not ready to admit my 360 is dying just yet, but it's really frustrating even so.