WORST character models ever...

I recently purchased a copy of NWN2, and I must say those are the most terrible character models I've ever seen. Elves are supposed to be an attractive race, sadly the humans have more comely faces than the elves and that's not saying much. To be honest I think the elven models look like gradeschool Play-Doh renderings, it's sad. Here's hoping a future patch will fix this travesty.

Edited by playing2much4u

They are not that great but they are better looking compared to the first game. With today's technology, it should have been better.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

They are elves. Expecting human beauty standards on a nonhuman race seems a bit silly. Too each their own I guess.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Actually they're supposed to be considered beautiful by human beauty standards. That has been made quite clear through the incredible amount of literature on the game. Nice try though :) I can respect a person for being faithful, but making excuses won't change the fact that 90% of the player character models for the game are trash.

Elves aren't very beautiful, I agree, but as a whole I like models.

Its little bit ridiculous. Before game was released there was whining "I want to be able to play as average/normal looking person". Nowadays people tend to cry after their Virtual Barbies and Kens

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

For the humans that's fine, I would agree the humans a decent range. Elves aren't supposed to be "normal", they're supposed to be exotic and beautiful. Not look like a pinata someone's already taken a bat to. It's funny how every post that's a negative critic ends up being a magnet for the "sad" comments insinuating something about the poster. Having visited several of the PWs and asking other players what they thought of the models, trust me the opinion overall isn't good.

Of course they aren't happy. These aren't Barbies and Kens

But I agree that elves should've more beatiful faces. However, elves need too few of these "normal faces".

And if you didn't know all the characters/monsters etc. were very true for original 3.5 edition artwork so OE isn't sole reason.

Oblivion still has worst models ever :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

For the humans that's fine, I would agree the humans a decent range. Elves aren't supposed to be "normal", they're supposed to be exotic and beautiful. Not look like a pinata someone's already taken a bat to. It's funny how every post that's a negative critic ends up being a magnet for the "sad" comments insinuating something about the poster. Having visited several of the PWs and asking other players what they thought of the models, trust me the opinion overall isn't good.

Exotic and beautiful? To whose standards? Humans? :down:

:thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I recently purchased a copy of NWN2, and I must say those are the most terrible character models I've ever seen. Elves are supposed to be an attractive race, sadly the humans have more comely faces than the elves and that's not saying much. To be honest I think the elven models look like gradeschool Play-Doh renderings, it's sad. Here's hoping a future patch will fix this travesty.

They are freaking ugly as crap. In this day and age, it's embarrassing in an A title.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They look like Dungeons and Dragons 3e/3.5e elves. Since this is a Dungeons and Dragons 3e/3.5e game it makes sense they look like Dungeons and Dragons 3e/3.5e elves. If you don't like it then don't play Dungeons and Dragons. Problem solved.

Edited by Sand

They look like Dungeons and Dragons 3e/3.5e elves. Since this is a Dungeons and Dragons 3e/3.5e game it makes sense they look like Dungeons and Dragons 3e/3.5e elves. If you don't like it then don't play Dungeons and Dragons. Problem solved.

They look like ugly crap. Which doesn't make the game bad, but if the king is naked, well then the king is naked.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Okay, then don't play Dungeons and Dragons. Problem solved. Play a game that doesn't look ugly to you.

Hey, she is criticizing the computer game to have "ugly" models which is based on the artwork of PnP game. It is an invalid criticism because the game is based on PnP, thusly they use the PnP artwork as a base. If she doesn't not like the artwork in the computer version which is based on the PnP version then it stands to reason that the artwork in the PnP version is not to her tastes.

Dungeons and Dragons is Dungeons and Dragons. It is what it is and if you don't like it, go play something else. Plain and simple.

Everything in NWN2 looks like they do in the D&D Monster Manual. Sure, the elves do look like Frick from the Merlin miniseries but theyre supposed to :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Okay, then don't play Dungeons and Dragons. Problem solved. Play a game that doesn't look ugly to you.

Just because a game is ugly has nothing to do whether I will play it or not. But I won't deny the ugliness even I love the game. And the NWN2 character models are pretty dang ugly. Of course, beauty and the lack thereof is pretty subjective, but my subjective fails NWN2 on attractiveness.

That is how elves look in Dungeons and Dragons. Nothing is going to change that, except maybe a new edition from WotC and a new CRPG based on it, but as they are now that is how elves look in the PnP game, and NWN2 accurately portrays them as such.

Crashgirl, if you don't like the way elves look in DnD then don't play DnD.

Edited by Sand

So don't play. Problem solved.

If it was insignificant then you wouldn't be complaining about it.

HAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA!!!

IRONY!!!

QUIET YOU! This does not concern you! ;)

Diamond, you pointed out no facts. You merely stated your opinion in the form of a complaint, therefore you were complaining.

HAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA!!!

IRONY!!!

20070309co2.jpg

(sorry, couldn't help it ;))

Diamond, you pointed out no facts. You merely stated your opinion in the form of a complaint, therefore you were complaining.

No, Sand, that was your opinion that my statement is an opinion in a form of complaint. :)