Weekend activities/tours

LadyCrimson

Got any unusual/fun ones you like to do/have been on? We're thinking of going on a BattleSail this month. They're 3 hour recreations of cannon ship battles or something. "Cannons are loud, bring earplugs" they say. Hmm. As long as we don't get washed up on a deserted isle ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That sounds awesome.

Medieval Times was a lot of fun when I went. You get a meal of meat and broth and you're not allowed utensils. Get to watch some jousting and melee, then they start killing each other.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I remember going on a camping trip, in the woods, in winter.

We had to climb up a mountain, in the snow with backpacks, to the camp site which was barely a clearing in the side of the mountain.

Then we had to dig a hole in the snow about 3-4 feet deep to put up our tents. And then another hole for the fire.

In the morning we had to light a fire onto which I cooked bacon & eggs.

To head back down we just slid on our butts.

Lots of fun.

You get a meal of meat and broth and you're not allowed utensils.

:thumbsup: That sounds like messy fun! So does watching jousting.

Camping - we've done a lot of that in the past, but nothing too adventurous on my part as an adult/since I met hubby. He's more the car-camping/constant moving road-trip sort ... I did do a low-level rafting trip on the American River w/my brother once. Very cool, even if I did feel like I was constantly about to fall off the edge of the boat.

Alcatraz is an interesting afternoon trip too, along with the helicopter tours over the SFBay.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts