Apprentices

For awhile now I've been trying get all four party members (Boa-Dur, Atton, Handmaiden/Disciple, and Mira) to become Jedi/Sith. I got all the way to Mira and couldn't convince her to let me train her. I suspect it was because of the Handmaiden. Is there a specific way to go about getting all four of them to go Jedi/Sith?

RedSignature.jpg

Yes and no in all cases you need to get influence over them, but some have other requirements;

Atton;

You need to talk to the two Twileks in the Refuges camp on Nar-Shadaar. Once you've spoken to them the next time you talk to Atton you can start asking him what he was doing on Nar Shadaar after the war. In fact you need to talk to him twice, its the second time when you have the chance to train him, IF you have enough influence.

Mira, who is the easyest to train;

Ask Mira if she is ok and she will tell you that the ship is quieter than Nar Shadaar and how the planet had a 'flow' to it. One of the options you get is to comment that Kreia taught you how to listen to life on Nar Shadaar-you should have had a cut scene where Kreia talks to the Exile about this near the enterance to the bar in the man area of Nar Shadaar. You can then offer to show her what you mean, if/when you have enough influence with her she'll agree. When she does take her back to Nar Shadaar and walk about the large open area with Mira in your party until you reach the same location Kreia talked to you. That will trigger another conversation where you can train Mira. Note that you can do all this in five minutes or less. If you talk to Mira as soon as she is on the Hawk, and keep talking to her you can get the influence you need very quickly.

Handmaiden/Disciple;

The Handmaiden is one of the harder ones to train. Not only do you need influence, but you also have to have spared/trained with her three times and won each fight-since you have to wait until you level up between fights this can take a while. You'll need to talk to both Kreia, and the Handmaiden about the latters mother and then win the last fight against her before you have the option to train her. Disciple is easy, you just keep talking to him until you get enough influence. Owning to a minor glitch/plot oversight you can get all the influence you need as soon as you find him (presuming you add him to the party at that point. Start by telling him he looks familiar, then show him trust (LS here). Keep talking to him and within three converations you should have enough influence to train him....its very, very easy....

Bao-Dur;

Is a bugger to train. Talk to him on Telos until there are no more topics to cover to gain influence. Then take him along on Dantooine when you do the atmospheric sensor quest but do NOT include Visas or Kreia in the party. Get him to examine the sensors when you find them, and tell him he did good work once he's finished. When you go back to the guy that gave you that quest get the full story about the sensors from him, when he offers to increase the reward refuse and take the original price. These two actions will get you enough influsence so that when you talk to him afterwards you should be able to train him. Note that this is the LS way of training him, I've never bothered training him as a Dark sider.

How I hated that, it's one of my first bugfixes. You're not supposed to talk to Bao-Dur until you get off Telos.

Not quite as bad as Disciple who can, somehow, manage to watch the recording T3 has of your trial in three seconds and without having left the Jedi Enclave even if T3 isn't in your party at the time.

Could someone perhaps post a Darkside influence guide? Thanks
  • If you're playing for the first times, I'd say just treat them as you will, and don't change your attitude towards them, eventually you'll gain or lose enough influence to train them in the ways of the Force, them being evil, good or neutral.
  • If you're evil, act good when you've got good guys along (Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, Disciple, T3) and never kill people in front of them. If you're good, you have to be equally careful but you can train Dark Jedi if you've got low influence with them.
  • You can lose influence with Handmaiden and still not be able to train her if you have much higher influence with Visas.
  • There's plenty of occasions for influence shifts, you must recognize the pattern in your companions' reactions and act upon it.

"They echo you, either fighting or surrendering to their feelings, their loyalty, their duty. Your mere presence serves as an example to them - of something to uphold, or something to fight against