Who here ever worn NVG's?

Eddo36

Any LEO/military people here who used the PVS7 or similar night vision? Was it generation 1, 2, 3, or 4?

I'm thinking of buying one (just to be able to see in the night/dark), and I know it is very freaking expensive, especially the latter generations.

How much better are each progressive generations compared to its previous?

Edited by Eddo36

Everyone who's done army service in Sweden has tried night vision goggles. It usually involved a smoking officer 200 meters away in pitch black darkness and a bunch of giggling soldiers on a snowy hill in some backwater village. It was fun and it's amazing how much you see (if the object in question is smoking) but I don't see any practical use for it. It was kind of like looking through binoculars; no peripheral vision at all.

Good for snipers, I guess. During wartime.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, sorry, I don't even remember how the damn thing looked. I just remember it was green and quite heavy for something you're supposed to wear on your head.

Edit: Uhm.. I think you can forget about Generation 3 night goggles!

http://www.opticsplanet.net/us-nightvision-14b-g3.html

Unless you sell a kidney or something.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ive just used a nightvision monocular, it was generation 1 with an IR diode. The thing is that you get an extremely narrow FOV, so you cant really see much anyway.. and the Gen1 is crap

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't need googles, my rifle has a night vision high powered scope.

You... :p ...have a rifle? :p

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

*note to self, don't piss off Dark Raven*

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You are not allowed to buy NVGs. You have quite enough toys for the time being.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You are not allowed to buy NVGs. You have quite enough toys for the time being.

Not quite, I don't think he has the

yet.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

You... :wacko: ...have a rifle? :shifty:

2 rifles and a shotgun.

:wacko: ....... are you kidding me?

Why do you need so many weapons anyway? :sweat:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

ZOMBIE ATTACK!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You... :teehee: ...have a rifle? :shifty:

2 rifles and a shotgun.

>_< ....... are you kidding me?

Why do people keep asking that?

Ramza, have you turned on the news today?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Oh noes teh evil goverment/aliens/muslims are coming and kill us all if we don't defend ourselves!!111!1!!!!!!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I am more worried about our own government than any muslim. I am just glad we have less than two more years with this bugger of an administration. Hopefully Congress can stonewall Bush and his cronies good enough that we can get out of Iraq and not start another war, this time with Iran. I am sure Bush would love to start a three way war.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

On your backyard?

When a government becomes corrupt and no longer heeds the will of the people it is the right and duty of the people to depose that government, forcibly if needed, and replace it with a more perfect union.

You... :teehee: ...have a rifle? :shifty:

2 rifles and a shotgun.

>_< ....... are you kidding me?

Hunting, when I used to hunt and going to the shooting range with my brothers and boyfriend. My oldest brother has his own little arsenal.

I would like to get a Desert Eagle but I can see a handgun will get me in trouble.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.