which side would you take?

Right now, I am currently playing KOTOR2 for the umpteenth billon time, and i have to say, Neutral is the way to do it! Why, do you ask?,simply put, in the Neutral state, or Gray Jedi, you can use both sides of the Force in terms of powers, but I recommend that you have a reasonably high Charisma to offset DS and LS powers, however, you won't be able to choose a Prestige Class or visit the Hidden tomb on Korriban, not only that,but you can have much more influence with most of your compadres, with the exception of the droids,but i will return later as soon as i complete the game on Neutral or Gray Jedi! :thumbsup:

i always tried to be just lightside enough to gain prestige class, which was relatively quick, and then go neutral......i did go neutral all the way once, but had a poor build and failed

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

MaskofRevan, here is a list of beniefts and downsides for being a Grey Jedi. Most important is not just using Force Powers for the other side...but also because of making lots of Credits via the process.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/starwars...0215-kotor2.htm

You also forget that the Grey Jedi also have, argubly, the most powerful Player Crytsal in the game (you have to upgrade it at level 28 to get the fullest upgade).

I am a gray Jedi too. I do the light thing, get the Prestige Class and I am back to neutral. I also use both Light and dark side powers. Mostly because neutral can. I do this allot for both KOTOR 1 and 2. I do this because... that is just the way I like to play it. :shifty:

Edited by Watchman

last time I played as a gardian marrader I first went supper dark to become a marader asap then went to the korriban tomb and lv up using hissis and then at lv 50 with force affinitty I go git my crystal and never have it tuned because it's max power. After all this I ls up to neutral and go for Ls ending because Force enlightenment is much more useful to a fighter. Using this method I avoid gaining LS influence until after gaining my uber crystal.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Snot like you don't get lots of force points, and um, you don't get dark or light mastery bonus. And you always look the same, personally I like to look like a rotting corps. But in terms of roleplaying and philosophy then yes, except you are kind of a fence sitter, and weak because you don't get the rage thing that Marauders get. So roleplaying is a no as well. :x Weaklings.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

just finished the neutral side last night, although i was expecting a completely different ending, i was sorely let down, i had the LS ending, but as i said before, you can become as powerful as a Sith Lord or Jedi Master, all you have to do is pump up your Charisma Stats, and it wouldn't hurt to pump up your Wisdom stats either, Charisma is what modifies your force point usage as well as reducing point costage of the Force,and additionally, it gives you and your party a better chance of hitting their targets with better accuracy, with Wisdom, your powers are much harder to fight off, tweek those 2 stats, and you're in complete control, and you actually have a better chance of influencing your compadrei with the high Charisma as well! Maybe not with Visas Marr or the two drois, maybe with Bao Dur, everybody else in your little clan, piece of cake!

Snot like you don't get lots of force points, and um, you don't get dark or light mastery bonus. And you always look the same, personally I like to look like a rotting corps. But in terms of roleplaying and philosophy then yes, except you are kind of a fence sitter, and weak because you don't get the rage thing that Marauders get. So roleplaying is a no as well. :wacko: Weaklings.

Lol, I didn't say I never went evil or good. I have gotten all 6 force masteries and finished the games with them. But I am simply not dark enough to want to make evil choices all the time, nor so kind at heart that I sympathize with every person that comes along with a sad tale. Both in my opinion are really quite pathetic.

Hm...wouldn't a Grey Jedi value the ability to choose?

So, he really wouldn't care about having a Grey Alignment, per se, but he would want to have the right to choose what he wants to do. Doesn't matter if his choices lead him to go to the Dark, or lead him to go to the Light...as long as he has the ability to choose, and not be FORCED to do good/evil deeds, then he would be a Grey Jedi, regardless of alignment.

What I mean by Forced is that you have to, as a Player, do LS or DS acts to get total LS or DS mastery and to get the Prestige Class.

I once got total DS mastery, but said to T3-M4 I'll help him in his quest to smash the Truth Sith, and hence lost it. I realize though that by always trying to get my Total DS Mastery, I was compelled, as a player, to do the most DS act possible, instead of choosing what I want my character to be. That is what I mean by Force.

True Grey Jedi means you do what you want, wheter that leads you to the LS or the DS.

Guest The Architect
What I mean by Forced is that you have to, as a Player, do LS or DS acts to get total LS or DS mastery and to get the Prestige Class.

I once got total DS mastery, but said to T3-M4 I'll help him in his quest to smash the Truth Sith, and hence lost it. I realize though that by always trying to get my Total DS Mastery, I was compelled, as a player, to do the most DS act possible, instead of choosing what I want my character to be. That is what I mean by Force.

True Grey Jedi means you do what you want, wheter that leads you to the LS or the DS.

By that rationale, I

Edited by The Architect

Then again, you can always argue if there truly is a "LS" or a "DS". What I see it as is just basically choices. Who deems them "good" and "evil" is determined by society and their views at the time. It's a very fine line. I like to think of it as, like that wonderful thread that I don't know where it is anymore, as lawful or chaos. All that matters is your choices and your consequences of those choices. Opinion and mindsets often label people as good and evil based on the whole of society or other individuals.

What makes a person good? What makes a person evil?

I love using my mind in the glorious hour of 7 AM.

You are crazy. I can barely wake up at 8:00 for school.

BUt yes, i agree that LS or DS forces you to do things. How many of us have had a conversation in the game, and then got LS points while playing DS and then got mad that we lost our mastery bonus? Grey lets you help who you will and leave those you wont for the kinraths to eat

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

BUt yes, i agree that LS or DS forces you to do things. How many of us have had a conversation in the game, and then got LS points while playing DS and then got mad that we lost our mastery bonus? Grey lets you help who you will and leave those you wont for the kinraths to eat

My day has been nothing short of hectic today, that I can say. 7 AM is just the half of it.

I just believe that the gray path is a bit more true to the real person. You do what you want, and not for some stupid dogma that you must follow to be a "good" person. Bah, that's a load of bantha poodoo.

As society I judge you to be evil.

I got Darkside points when it should have been Lightside.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I take my side. It's all about me, myself and I.

>_<

I've never really seen myself as taking a "side" in this game, even when I choose one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest Accept

My own personality probable reflects the "Dark Side" best.

Killing kittens and throwing rocks at old people is just my daily behavior. (6) :devil:

Guest The Architect

Killing kittens and throwing rocks at old people is just my daily behavior. (6) :devil:

My own personality reflects the "Light Side" best.

Killing kitten killers and killing people who throw rocks at old people is just my daily behaviour. :ermm:

Edited by The Architect

Guest Accept

Killing kittens and throwing rocks at old people is just my daily behavior. (6) :lol:

My own personality reflects the "Light Side" best.

Killing kitten killers and killing people who throw rocks at old people is just my daily behaviour. :p

I might add that i also throw dead kittens at people who kills kitten killers and those who kills people who enjoys throwing rocks at old people... :devil:

--

Nah, but if talking seriously and on-topic, so am i probably is a Lightsider, too. :lol:

Or... :ermm:

Thread slightly pruned.

The joke went on a bit too long/off-topic .. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts