RIP Steve Rogers

Surreptishus

Comic hero Captain America dies

Superhero Captain America has been killed off after appearing in US comic books for 66 years.

The character, who appears in the Captain America comic book, was created in 1941 to build up patriotic feeling during World War II.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6431619.stm

_42657329_america_ap203b.jpg

We salute you Cap :yucky: may you rest in peace... and then return in a marketing stunt by Marvel.

Edited by Surreptishus

Just when you need him most.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Cap wasn't super human per se, but, depending on which version you read, was empowered by a Super Soldier Serum, which pretty much pushed his physical abilities to the maximum human levels.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I smell "Death of Superman" story arc all over this.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Cap wasn't super human per se, but, depending on which version you read, was empowered by a Super Soldier Serum, which pretty much pushed his physical abilities to the maximum human levels.

Also he had a shield made of adamantium and vibranium which when thrown would return like a boomerang.

Edited by Surreptishus

If it ends up being Deadpool as the sniper I am going to laugh.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Last time I cared about a Marvel character being killed, it was just as hyped, they even held funeral services for him...

Then he was alive again by the time the issue number incremented.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Apparently it was all set up by the Red Skull. And the blonde chick in the pic was brainwashed, and after Cap takes a sniper shot to the shoulder, she pops 3 into his stomach.

Anyway, I hope they give this some real meaning and not bring him back. Civil War Frontline made a good point of showing that Cap doesn't represent American values anymore. He still represents the american ideal of the 40s, not the corporate minded pop culture driven america of today. I hope they use this opportunity to establish a generational character like DC has. From what I've seen, I think Punisher might actually don the mask for a while.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Who knew you could kill a super hero with a sniper bullet to the head? Why hasn't anyone else thought of this?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Didn't this story arc also pretty much ruin Spiderman by having him reveal his identity too?

My prediction is they'll either clone him in a month or so, which is a retarded copout, or replace him with a black/latino/female/teenage version with an in-your-face attitude and totally destroy everything that makes the character cool (the fact that he cannonically punched Hitler in the face, mainly).

Of course, I stopped reading comic books a long time ago (with a few exceptions) so I don't really care.

Captain America was a joke. There isen't going to be a Ben Afleck move, and thank the gods for it.

Maybe not a Ben Affleck movie, but there will be a movie. Its in the works over at Marvel Pictures. I think they're aiming for a 2009 release.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

And one wonders why the American comic industry is going down the drain, to be replaced by Japanese manga... At least they're consistent, being single author and all.

Actually, the American comic industry is as healthy as it's ever been and the stories are generally top notch, the quality is what got me reading again. Even Capitan America's recent run was hailed as one of his best ever, but this recent story was just an exception to the rule.

Who knew you could kill a super hero with a sniper bullet to the head? Why hasn't anyone else thought of this?

Well, even Superman was nearly killed with a kryptonite laced bullet.

"

Maybe not a Ben Affleck movie, but there will be a movie. Its in the works over at Marvel Pictures. I think they're aiming for a 2009 release"

Ugh.. honestly, a dude with little wings on the side of his ears who throws around a giant shield with a flag symbol on it. As superhero concepts go it's pretty horrible.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.