Things to do

astr0creep

Hi!

I was just wondering what's on people's "To do" list.

Perhaps for inspiration but mostly out of curiosity and for conversations.

As for mine:

- Getting hitched : CHECK

- A child : CHECK

- Paying off my car : CHECK

- Completing at least one University degree : On hold

- Finding a decent job : In progress

- Buying a house : On hold

- Begin a retirement plan : In progress

- Learn to fly a plane : Dreamin'

- Learn to Scuba dive : Dreamin'

- Learn stunt driving : Dreamin'

- Learn Mandarin : On hold

- Finish Final Fantasy 12 : In progress

- etc

What about you guys?

I don't have a list. When I die, I die and till then I'm not dead. Its not like I am going to be able to reflect back on my life when I am dead.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My impossible dream was to run the Iditarod. Probably never happen. Or get elected to Congress. The Iditarod is a little more likely.

Scuba diving is easy and fairly cheap Astr0creep. And unless you live in Nevada somewhere, there is probably a place to go somewhere near you.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't have a checkpoint approach. Read too much zen/rubbish. My life is about fulfilling my ongoing commitments.

i have been considering whether to think about settling down and having kids, but nothing doing as yet.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Something i really would like to do is to take a trip to USA.

Beats the cold hell here in Sweden. :yucky:

Come to Iowa in Late January/early February. :D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Guest Accept
Something i really would like to do is to take a trip to USA.

Beats the cold hell here in Sweden. :lol:

Come to Iowa in Late January/early February. :D

Haha, nah... figured more like Miami, or NY York. :yucky:

Edit: Our lowest temperature here the last month was about - 30 Celsius, and darn... that is cold even for beeing here.

Edited by Accept

Great Idea!

Married and happy: Check

Child: Check in two months

College degree: Check

Great career: Check

Masters: On hold, but it's close

Doctorate: On hold

Buy a house: Half-check, got a condo, but I want a house in the next 6 months.

Debt-free: Student loans still to go, no credit card debt.

Build Roller Hockey rink: Dreamin'

Buy a Vacation home: 10 year goal

Climb a mountain: On hold...need partners

Go spelunking near the Black Sea: Dreaming

Visit Europe: On Hold

Visit South America: On Hold

Visit a ton of places: On Hold

Skydive: ...

Oh yeah, it's about 78 degrees in Northern California right now.

I'm a simple person... :)

Move to Australia and live: Check

Own a Ferrari: Not quite yet. Working on it though :lol:

Only 50% of my goals in life so far :yucky:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I guess I'd like to die honest.

EDIT:

make that honourable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i have been considering whether to think about settling down and having kids, but nothing doing as yet.

I'm pretty sure that requires more than one person to accomplish. :sweat:"

I think I might actually pass my private pilot's licence at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Perhaps write a book.

Certainly travel everywhere that I haven't so far, and a few places I have, again.

Wouldn't mind a trip to space.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hook up a doomsday trigger to my vital signs so that when I go, I'm not going alone: In progress.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Get Ripped: In Progress

Build my own computer: Check

Get Degree: In progress

Learn to Fly: Not yet

Teach in Japan: Not yet

Get tan: Starting in a few weeks

Get Married: Not yet

Children: Not yet

Design/Buy/Build/Remodel a House: Not yet

Become Filthy Rich: Not yet

Buy yacht and sail the ocean: Not yet

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I wonder if those of you who have listed "get married" as a goal are prepared to marry anyone to accomplish it ... :sweat:"

How YOU doin'?

Nothing. You die, you die. Making a list is pointless. I could go to work tomorrow and get killed in a traffic accident, thus never complete anything on my list.

But, you still attempt to go to work tomorrow. So, we'll put that on your list.

I would like to get a trench coat and get naked underneath and rub up against Reece Witherspoon. Not that I find her particuliarly attractive or anything, I would just get a sense of accomplishment from the whole deal. Like I had finally managed to buck the system or like a street performer when some one drops him a ten spot.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I would like to get a trench coat and get naked underneath and rub up against Reece Witherspoon. Not that I find her particuliarly attractive or anything, I would just get a sense of accomplishment from the whole deal. Like I had finally managed to buck the system or like a street performer when some one drops him a ten spot.

Is that really spelled with a 'b'?

Nothing. You die, you die. Making a list is pointless. I could go to work tomorrow and get killed in a traffic accident, thus never complete anything on my list.

Hey, who ate your dreams for lunch DR? :sweat:

Tomorrow needs a reason, otherwise it will get cancelled due to lack of interest.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How can you be Goth and a realist?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Most of the little things I've already done, and most of the bigger things become less likely - or less desired - all the time. I'm kind of in the middle as far as 'dreams' - sometimes I like talking about wild what-ifs/maybes, but I won't be upset if they never happen. For myself, contentment comes from the the small day to day stuff.

But let's see...

Stay married to the same person till I die: to be determined, but it looks good

Owning a house: we've been frustrated by this one for about a year, but we're currently trying to negotiate to buy this house we've been living in/renting for around a decade. Funny how that works. We'll see.

Spend a summer in the Alaska wilderness (with lots of expensive camera/video equipment of course): Unlikely, but not too impossible.

Become a professional nature photographer who travels all over the world for photos: Dream - I'm not that motivated

Own 5000+ acres and build big cat sancturaries: Dreamin' and then some

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Zing.

My dream is to take the train in two hours and go visit my parents and have a night out with my friends afterwards.

Simple, eh? I like it that way.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds