Local Radio

Oerwinde

In the age of the internet and the whole nifty live streaming techno-logy we have access to all sorts of nifty radio stations from all over the place. I just thought it would be neat for people to link to their favorite radio stations so some of us can have a listen. Even though its likely some of us won't understand a damn word of what they're saying.

Heres my personal fave:

99.3 The Fox #1 station in vancouver for males aged 18-35. Lana is the hottest DJ ever.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I gave up local radio when I got Sirius. But my all time favorite was WEGR the Eagle in Memphis.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Local NPR

Now THAT figures.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My local station has a MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/1051channelq

This is their other site: http://www.1051channelq.com/main.html

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Mine does too... and the sound clips they have are... disturbing...

www.myspace.com/993thefox

Charis is an odd one.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Since I've started taking the subway to work, I rarely listen to the radio. When I do it's usually NPR or CSPAN (yes, there's a CSPAN radio in the DC area). But whenever I'm visiting my folks back in Jersey, I make sure to tune in WPRB, the college radio station out of Princeton U. It's always something different and often completely new to me.

:brows:
I gave up local radio when I got Sirius.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Local NPR

Now THAT figures.

Sure beats propaganda radio. Plus I like it when I can be fairly sure the person on the other end doesn't hate me.

Here's a challenge for you, tell me what you listen to or what you think I should listen to and I'll tell you why it makes absolutely no sense for me to listen.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I listen to Opie and Anthony on 107.5. Pretty decent show, has Jim Norton and Beatrice Oneal alot of the time but jokes about mentally disabled people and other lewd subjects get boring after a while.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Sure beats propaganda radio. Plus I like it when I can be fairly sure the person on the other end doesn't hate me.

Here's a challenge for you, tell me what you listen to or what you think I should listen to and I'll tell you why it makes absolutely no sense for me to listen.

NPR is left wing propaganda radio. I listen to "All Things Considered" and "Morning Edition" somewhat frequently and they have a steep leftward slant IMHO. I have never, ever heard them run an unflattering story about any democrat. Nor have they ever run a complimentary piece about any republican. But then again, there is no politically unbiased news to be found anywhere these days. For commentary I listen to Neal Boortz (the best syndicated news/commentary show on radio IMHO) and Walter E Williams whenever he is guest hosting someone's show. As for what I think YOU should be listening to? Whatever the heck you like. Based on the things you post I'd say you are probably a liberal so it does not surprise me you listen to NPR. People tend to seek out shows that "fit".

But if you really want my recommendation, get Sirius and put it on Channel 31, Radio Margaritaville. (or just click here: Radio Margaritaville) Besides, listening to political talk all the time is bad for your health. Trust me on that one.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

KILO for me in the springs. ross and mo in the morning are about all i ever really listen to, however.

taks

They do Mandatory Metallica too. Neat.

Devastatorsig.jpg

BBC7 comedy and drama, live, recorded, and free to all. Live the comunism!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They do Mandatory Metallica too. Neat.

ayup... 6:00 every day on the way home from work. they generally avoid songs from the new album, too. they have a fascination with some really old stuff, like from the 80s, too. good mix of new vs. old, IMO, though the older stuff tends to be fairly select at times.

on the morning show this morning (ross had a substitute in today) they were talking about the "Definitive 200" top albums of all time. mo was happy that met's self-titled album came in at 13, though she was disappointed dark side of the moon was only at 2. sergeant pepper's lonely hearts club band was el numero uno.

even denver doesn't have a decent rock station. unfortunately, the station i listened to when i was in florida, WJRR from orlando, was better as it was uncensored (mostly). the Springs is relatively religious, so on-air personalities have to keep their mouths, and the tunes, in check. censored tool isn't the best when every other word is bleeped. WJRR, btw, is where larry the cable guy got his start.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Just as well. After "Master of Puppets" Metallica was never the same.

Thomas Sowell

i still liked the next two, but load, reload and whatever the last one was are not on my all-time lists at all. it went from "i like every song on the album enough to listen to them repeatedly" to, "i like 2 or 3 songs, the rest are fair at best."

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I usually bounce around between three stations usually. Most of the time the stuff is usually just on as background noise because I can't stand silence.

101.5 The Wolf - Standard rock station. Nuff said.

99.5 Kaos - Mostly rock. Run by one of the local universities. I listen to this when I want something that I haven't heard a billion times already.

98.7 CBC Radio One - Shock! Horror! Commie radio! :sorcerer:

Edited by Deraldin

Something about the Fox bugs me. I just could never really get into what they were playing; not bad songs by any means, but it never clicked.

Rock 101.1 is where its at. Personal friend of Bro Jake, right here. They always hook me up with concert tickets and the like, and with classic rock, where can you go wrong?

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

NPR is left wing propaganda radio. Trust me on that one.

Right, I mean Rush says so, so its got to be true

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.