Ebon Hawk - Harbinger - Sith vessel questions

While playing through Peragus once again and listening to the detailed explanation from HK-50 and Kreia, the Ebon Hawk was beat up and everyone was dead, and T3-M4 was beat up (no word on 3C-FD, but we assume it's beat up too). Now, for one, if it was badly damaged and everyone was dead, how did it undock and escape from the Harbinger, considering Kreia was dead, T3-M4 was beat up, the Exile was out cold, and HK-50 was slammed into the cargo hold? Who was flying the ship, and how badly damaged was it when the Harbinger discovered it? And if Kreia remembers the Exile getting aboard the Ebon Hawk, how does she not remember T3-M4 and 3C-FD repairing the ship, considering she was in the same state the whole time?

(And as a side note, here's the whole prologue, courtesy of the KSE:

99] Through a thorough search of Peragus, its remaining inhabitants, and its records, you have tracked down the entire sequence of events that led to your arrival on Peragus, and it has convinced you that the Force moves in bizarre ways. You were a passenger on board the Harbinger, on route to Telos, when the ship encountered a Sith warship and the Ebon Hawk, drifting in space, with no sign of a crew on either ship. The Ebon Hawk was taken on board, and during the search of the Sith vessel, stelathed Sith assassins made it on board the Harbinger, slowly taking over the ship.

During this time, you were noticed by the HK-50 protocol droid, drugged unconscious, and then hauled on board the damaged Ebon Hawk. The Ebon Hawk was fired upon as it was escaping, crippling it. It then drifted to Peragus, where the HK unit slowly took over the facility and murdered all the miners to prevent you from being sold. )

.... I know, someone needs to write a fanfiction about the whole incident straightening up every last detail, from how HK-50 sabotaged the protocol droid aboard the Harbinger to take care of you to the whole chaos that ensued with the Sith soldiers ambushed the Republic troops aboard the Harbinger and the Exile being carried off by HK-50

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

What's equally puzzling is how Kreia tells the future of each member of your party, despite the fact that there's a video that shows the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of Malachor V, presumably with your entire party still in it.

Edited by belwar

The Ebon Hawk was still spaceworthy after being fired upon first (before it docks on the Harbinger), and Kreia, T3M4 were not dead or damaged yet. I assume that Kreia is not mentioned in the Harbinger logs because she sneaked onto the Harbinger, so nobody knew she was there in the first place. When on the ship, Kreia sought out the Exile, but the Exile was already poisoned by HK-50 who probably secured him in a cargo hold when the Sith begun to take over the vessel. Kreia probably used the Force to help her locate the Exile. When she found him, she brought him aboard the Ebon Hawk. HK-50 probably saw her doing it, and boarded the Ebon Hawk right before they took off, and hid in that room on the Hawk. Just as the Ebon Hawk was ready to jump to hyperspace, the Sith fired upon it and damaged it bady. I assume that something fell on Kreia, or that maybe the HK-50 shot her right before the door closed down behind him.

As for how they got to Peragus with the badly damaged Ebon Hawk is a mystery to me. Perhaps it was already close to it, and arrived to the destination before the hyperdrive shut off. That seems the most logical explanation. As to why it took so long for the Sith to realise you went to Peragus, i have a theory...Sion probably felt Kreia's presence as she woken up (hey, why not..she was probably not powerful enough at the time to shield herself), and was able to find out the Hawk went to Peragus. I think Kreia didn't wake up sooner on purpose, just so she wouldn't led the Sith to Peragus too soon.

As to why it took so long for the Sith to realise you went to Peragus, i have a theory...Sion probably felt Kreia's presence as she woken up (hey, why not..she was probably not powerful enough at the time to shield herself), and was able to find out the Hawk went to Peragus. I think Kreia didn't wake up sooner on purpose, just so she wouldn't led the Sith to Peragus too soon.

Its more likely that the Sith were able to track Hawk when it entered hyperspace so had a fair idea where the ship went. As to why they didn't follow straight away-well don't forget that HK-50 shut most of the Harbringers systems down when he was trying to capture the Exile, it probably took the Sith troops on board some time to repair the damage.

As to why it took so long for the Sith to realise you went to Peragus, i have a theory...Sion probably felt Kreia's presence as she woken up (hey, why not..she was probably not powerful enough at the time to shield herself), and was able to find out the Hawk went to Peragus. I think Kreia didn't wake up sooner on purpose, just so she wouldn't led the Sith to Peragus too soon.

Its more likely that the Sith were able to track Hawk when it entered hyperspace so had a fair idea where the ship went. As to why they didn't follow straight away-well don't forget that HK-50 shut most of the Harbringers systems down when he was trying to capture the Exile, it probably took the Sith troops on board some time to repair the damage.

Yes, it seems more likely, but it doesn't explain why they just didn't use their own vessel (the one they used to fire on the Hawk) to go to Peragus.

Edited by SpaceAlex

A Sith vessel headed straight for Peragus would have alerted the Republic and attracted Republic warships, even assuming that it was still operational. The Harbinger, a Republic vessel, might have approached without arousing suspicion - I'm sure the Harbinger would have been reported lost by then, but perhaps they planned to disguise themselves as another republic ship, at least for a while. The Sith didn't know, after all, that Peragus would be crippled when they arrived and that such disguises were unnecessary.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well, all the ships who wanted to get to peragus needed to upload new navigation maps to get though the debris field. I'm guessing that the station wouldn't transmit those charts to every ship that entered the system-just ones that had clearance. This would, from a security prospective, make perfect sense if the station is half as important as everyone keeps telling you.

If the Ebon Hawk wasn't one of those ships,it would also mean that Atton's comments on not having the charts makes much more sense. It might also explain why HK-50 didn't take the Hawk off the station.

I'd say that a sith ship that turned up isn't going to get the charts it needed. It should also be remembered that no one seemed to know the Harbringer was missing, let alone captured, so it would still be listed as a Republic ship and have clearance.

What's equally puzzling is how Kreia tells the future of each member of your party, despite the fact that there's a video that shows the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of Malachor V, presumably with your entire party still in it.

the prevous movie doesn't show the ebon hawk being smashed to bits. also just because the ship falls doesn't meen it's unopperaraple and can't 2 seconds latter start flying away as it does when it picks up the exile in the LS ending movie.

Furthermore in Lost in space the captain uses the force of the ship falling through the calapsing planet to thrust the ship into space

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

As for how they got to Peragus with the badly damaged Ebon Hawk is a mystery to me. Perhaps it was already close to it, and arrived to the destination before the hyperdrive shut off. That seems the most logical explanation. As to why it took so long for the Sith to realise you went to Peragus, i have a theory...Sion probably felt Kreia's presence as she woken up (hey, why not..she was probably not powerful enough at the time to shield herself), and was able to find out the Hawk went to Peragus. I think Kreia didn't wake up sooner on purpose, just so she wouldn't led the Sith to Peragus too soon.

kreia explians this when she speaks to Exile of the sith assasins. She says that they see there pray through the force and when the Exile reconected to the force the assisns could then find the Exile and tell Sionwere tey were.

A Sith vessel headed straight for Peragus would have alerted the Republic and attracted Republic warships, even assuming that it was still operational. The Harbinger, a Republic vessel, might have approached without arousing suspicion - I'm sure the Harbinger would have been reported lost by then, but perhaps they planned to disguise themselves as another republic ship, at least for a while. The Sith didn't know, after all, that Peragus would be crippled when they arrived and that such disguises were unnecessary.

Very likely yes. Either way, it seems the people on Peragus were doomed. If the HK-50 wouldn't kill them all, the Sith would once they arrived. :o

Well, all the ships who wanted to get to peragus needed to upload new navigation maps to get though the debris field. I'm guessing that the station wouldn't transmit those charts to every ship that entered the system-just ones that had clearance. This would, from a security prospective, make perfect sense if the station is half as important as everyone keeps telling you.

If the Ebon Hawk wasn't one of those ships,it would also mean that Atton's comments on not having the charts makes much more sense. It might also explain why HK-50 didn't take the Hawk off the station.

I'd say that a sith ship that turned up isn't going to get the charts it needed. It should also be remembered that no one seemed to know the Harbringer was missing, let alone captured, so it would still be listed as a Republic ship and have clearance.

Forgot about navigation charts. Been a while since i've played the game. :)

As for the Harbinger, it probably was reported missing, but the information never reached Peragus. Remember that the HK-50 crippled all of the communication within the facility. Ofcourse the Sith couldn't know that, but they obiously decided to take that risk.

as far as how the ebon hawk got to paragus

HK 50 possions exile

Kriea somehow boarda the harbringer presumably from the ebon hawk because she has litle chance of being on the sith vessal

T3 was already on the ebon Hawk because he's the only one that can navagate because the computer is locked

At some point Hk 50 takes the exile into the Ebon Hawk and Kriea and several others board (thiers more than one body and destroyed droids)

Kriea and HK 50 may have worked togetther because they have the same goal of getting the Exile and getting out

Ethier way someone locks HK 50 in the compartment and as T3 enters hyperspace the Ebon Hawk git shot as it makes the jmup saving it from complete dystruction but kills eberyone except Kreia exile and T3.

The ebon Hawk at some point comes out of hyperspace

T3 fixes the systems and lands at the mining station

Kreia coald have saved her self with a varrity of force teqnices: Exar Kun was able to complettly heal himself after a tomb fell on him. so kriea could have done something like that or used a lot of buffs or really anything.

Kreia was not unconsious when she was injured but rather in a trance so she still could have been able to shield herself

besides doesn't she hide her true self until the very end of the game.

the harbringer didn't arouse suspision not only of the previos ressons but also because the staition was expecting a frieghter to come to make "The Telos Shipment"

Edited by ghosta

the prevous movie doesn't show the ebon hawk being smashed to bits. also just because the ship falls doesn't meen it's unopperaraple and can't 2 seconds latter start flying away as it does when it picks up the exile in the LS ending movie.

Furthermore in Lost in space the captain uses the force of the ship falling through the calapsing planet to thrust the ship into space

But it IS called "Death of the Ebon Hawk" :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

But it IS called "Death of the Ebon Hawk" :teehee:

Dude, it's just a name. They probably couldn't think of something else, or perhaps, at some point, OE wanted to destroy the Hawk, but LA said no so they had to bring it back.

What I find interesting is that Kreia's story and the Harbinger crew's stories don't match up. Kreia said the Ebon Hawk flew to the Harbinger and docked with it, and she got you out, while the Harbinger crew said they brought in the Ebon Hawk and Kreia was found dead.

(That I think Kreia also said the Sith had already taken over the Harbinger [or were in the process of doing so] when the Ebon Hawk docked with the Harbinger)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

What I find interesting is that Kreia's story and the Harbinger crew's stories don't match up. Kreia said the Ebon Hawk flew to the Harbinger and docked with it, and she got you out, while the Harbinger crew said they brought in the Ebon Hawk and Kreia was found dead.

Sorry, but i don't remember the Harbinger crew ever mention Kreia. They only ones who mentioned her were the ones on Peragus.

But yes, Kreia does say they flew to the Harbinger, when the Sith were already on board. It is possible that Kreia was not on board the Ebon Hawk at all, and arrived in a totally different ship (presumably a very small one...for one or two persons only). It makes sense to me, since i could never explain how Kreia found the Ebon Hawk in the first place. I was always under the impression that T3 just came back from the unknown space (and left Revan there), when the Sith fired upon it when it was on its way to Telos. The Sith were probably aware that the Ebon Hawk was Revan's freighter, and probably thought Revan was on board.

Edited by SpaceAlex

Dude, it's just a name. They probably couldn't think of something else, or perhaps, at some point, OE wanted to destroy the Hawk, but LA said no so they had to bring it back.

Or perhaps... but JUSt perhaps... they rushed the ending.

Not that there is any more proof than this to be found for it; so it's JUST a theory :brows:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Or perhaps... but JUSt perhaps... they rushed the ending.

Not that there is any more proof than this to be found for it; so it's JUST a theory :brows:

Regardless, the Ebon Hawk is "alive", and we can expect to see it in K3 if it ever comes out.

In Kotor2's LS ending that is...

These different plotlines make it difficult for sequels!

^

• 1 year later...
The Ebon Hawk was still spaceworthy after being fired upon first (before it docks on the Harbinger), and Kreia, T3M4 were not dead or damaged yet.

After playing through Peragus yet again, one of the Republic junior officers (I think it was the white girl) who did mention that they saw a badly damaged T3 unit during the sweep of the Ebon Hawk. And there was mentioning of dead people on the Ebon Hawk from the Harbinger's doctor (the black girl), as they were planning autopsies within that hour. And for Kreia, it would be the easiest way to sneak into the Harbinger and I would take it that on a starship, the morgue would be close to the medbay, and that cargo hold where the Exile was locked inside would be nearby as well (The less HK-50 was seen with a doped up and naked Exile, the less suspicion that would arise)

I assume that Kreia is not mentioned in the Harbinger logs because she sneaked onto the Harbinger, so nobody knew she was there in the first place. When on the ship, Kreia sought out the Exile, but the Exile was already poisoned by HK-50 who probably secured him in a cargo hold when the Sith begun to take over the vessel. Kreia probably used the Force to help her locate the Exile. When she found him, she brought him aboard the Ebon Hawk. HK-50 probably saw her doing it, and boarded the Ebon Hawk right before they took off, and hid in that room on the Hawk. Just as the Ebon Hawk was ready to jump to hyperspace, the Sith fired upon it and damaged it bady. I assume that something fell on Kreia, or that maybe the HK-50 shot her right before the door closed down behind him.

Kreia mentions that she used the Force to find the Exile (explicitly using her faint thoughts). I'm not sure HK-50 would have seen Kreia run off with the Exile (or anyone else accompanying Kreia at that time [i just can't picture Kreia carrying the Exile, whether it's in the arms or over the shoulder]), but it is a strong possibility, considering he had nowhere else to be (unless the droid officer [the dead guy by the deactivated utility droids and disabled protocol droid {HK-50's predecessor - I think this was supposed to be a journal entry, IIRC}] saw him wandering off somewhere where he wasn't supposed to be [yet again]), though the other possibility could be that once the chaos ensued, knowing there was another ship docked, made a beeline for it, knowing his chances of survival might be increased somehow.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Since the hyperdrive is busted, they're not going to be going into hyperspace (I think the main reactor is also for that matter). One possibility is that the Harbinger was in the Peragus system (I don't think there was any mention of the Sith warship after the Sith migrated to the Harbinger), and then left when the Ebon Hawk was nearly destroyed, thinking the Exile and Kreia were dead (Sion barely senses Kreia before she loses her left hand, when she's as alive as she can be, and the Exile's connection to the Force was minimal to nonexistent at that time), the Harbinger jumped into hyperspace and left the Peragus system. One thing to keep in mind is that the Exile was on Peragus for several days in that kolto tank, and that the Ebon Hawk - Harbinger - Sith vessel skirmish happened in a matter of hours. Remember:

Day 0.5 - Exile gets drugged

Day 1 - Possibility of Exile being sold to the Exchange

Day 2 - Droid malfunctions occur

Day 3 - Dormitories get gassed

Day 4 - Exile wakes up

(I know, old topic, but I thought it was better than making a duplicate)

DAWUSS

Sorry, but i don't remember the Harbinger crew ever mention Kreia. They only ones who mentioned her were the ones on Peragus.

Harbinger Captain: "We have taken on passengers to Telos..." The Exile was not the only passenger that the Harbinger picked up. It is possible, though I find it unlikely, that Kreia was one of these passengers.

But yes, Kreia does say they flew to the Harbinger, when the Sith were already on board. It is possible that Kreia was not on board the Ebon Hawk at all, and arrived in a totally different ship (presumably a very small one...for one or two persons only). It makes sense to me, since i could never explain how Kreia found the Ebon Hawk in the first place.

This is what I've always assumed, that there was another ship (a small one like Bastila's G-wing in K1 or something). Simply because of this line: "When we intercepted the Harbinger, it was crippled, drifting in space. It was a simple matter to board the vessel and rescue you. Unknown to me, however, the Sith were already on board." If they (who is this "they", btw? Kreia wasn't alone?) intercepted the Harbinger and the Sith were already on board that means the Ebon Hawk was already on board the Harbinger. So she couldn't have been on the Ebon Hawk. It also implies that Kreia was not on the Harbinger, either. That leaves only one other option, the aforementioned ship.

Since the hyperdrive is busted, they're not going to be going into hyperspace (I think the main reactor is also for that matter).

The prologue is actually incorrect about the use of a hyperdrive. As I understand it, hyperdrive is only used to jump from system to system (ex: Taris to Dantooine in K1) Sub-light engines are what get you around insystem (say like when you come out of hyperspace at Telos and fly toward Citadel Station those are the sub-light engines at work) and these would be what T3 would use to get to the Peragus mining facility. Anyway the hyperdrive may have worked long enough to get from where the Harbinger was to Peragus then conked out.

Edit: I doubt the Exile was naked on the Harbinger. The medical officer on Peragus was most likely the one to undress the Exile when she put him/her in the kolto tank. What she did with the Exile's clothes is a mystery though. :(

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Harbinger Captain: "We have taken on passengers to Telos..." The Exile was not the only passenger that the Harbinger picked up. It is possible, though I find it unlikely, that Kreia was one of these passengers.

The other passengers quickly become irrelevant, as you never hear about them again after that point (it's all about the diplomatic-level passenger, known as the Exile). The multiple passengers do help keep her identity a secret though, as the common soldiers would have just labeled her as "one of the passengers", and left it at that.

But yes, Kreia does say they flew to the Harbinger, when the Sith were already on board. It is possible that Kreia was not on board the Ebon Hawk at all, and arrived in a totally different ship (presumably a very small one...for one or two persons only). It makes sense to me, since i could never explain how Kreia found the Ebon Hawk in the first place.

This is what I've always assumed, that there was another ship (a small one like Bastila's G-wing in K1 or something). Simply because of this line: "When we intercepted the Harbinger, it was crippled, drifting in space. It was a simple matter to board the vessel and rescue you. Unknown to me, however, the Sith were already on board." If they (who is this "they", btw? Kreia wasn't alone?) intercepted the Harbinger and the Sith were already on board that means the Ebon Hawk was already on board the Harbinger. So she couldn't have been on the Ebon Hawk. It also implies that Kreia was not on the Harbinger, either. That leaves only one other option, the aforementioned ship.

I never looked at it that way, but that does sound like a good possibility. The Ebon Hawk held no significance to her at that time (though that could be another story pending on how much she knew about post-redeemed Revan), and I'm not sure she would have known that T3 was also searching for the Exile (given her lack of interest/attention to droids).

Though if there was another ship involved, it quickly gets unaccounted for, by HK-50, the Sith, and the Republic...

Since the hyperdrive is busted, they're not going to be going into hyperspace (I think the main reactor is also for that matter).

The prologue is actually incorrect about the use of a hyperdrive. As I understand it, hyperdrive is only used to jump from system to system (ex: Taris to Dantooine in K1) Sub-light engines are what get you around insystem (say like when you come out of hyperspace at Telos and fly toward Citadel Station those are the sub-light engines at work) and these would be what T3 would use to get to the Peragus mining facility. Anyway the hyperdrive may have worked long enough to get from where the Harbinger was to Peragus then conked out.

Edit: I doubt the Exile was naked on the Harbinger. The medical officer on Peragus was most likely the one to undress the Exile when she put him/her in the kolto tank. What she did with the Exile's clothes is a mystery though. :ermm:

Yeah, it's most likely the main reactor that was badly damaged, since when that got repaired (albeit slightly), the left engine had enough power to take the crew to Peragus.

The whole clothes thing is weird because the rest of her equipment (including the medical treatment request) was returned to her room. A Jedi Robe or even standard clothing in there would have answered the question of the Exile's clothing. I would at least hope that the Exile was clothed when she boarded the Harbinger

DAWUSS

Though if there was another ship involved, it quickly gets unaccounted for, by HK-50, the Sith, and the Republic...

If it was a small one man fighter/ship then Kreia wouldn't be able to get the Exile off the Harbinger in it. And the HK-50 would have followed where the Exile went to get her back.

I would at least hope that the Exile was clothed when she boarded the Harbinger

You never know, she showed up at her trial in her undies. :lol:

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords