FFVII for $39

karka

It's not really worth that much. Decent romp and above average storyline, but I'd pay only upwards to 15 € of it today.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sure... when it was first released.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes, yes, yes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's very outdated graphically, if you care about that. Some people will rant about how it has the greatest story ever, but erm, HA HA HA HA HA.

The game's most outdated aspect is the horrible horrible HORRIBLE localization. Writing in games nowadays may not be perfect, but it's eons beyond FF7.

And are you sure 40 is the cheapest you can find it? Given that it's gone Greatest Hits and all, I doubt that.

EDIT: Hmm, I just Froogled it. Hahaha what a rip-off

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The game is one of the last games of the era that produced epics like Baldur's Gate II. It made me cry in two different parts, one of which I nearly cry on every replay. It's one of those epics that games nowadays all wish they were.

Just skip it and look for Suikoden II. Best playstation RPG, and still giving new console RPGs a run for their money.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's very outdated graphically, if you care about that. Some people will rant about how it has the greatest story ever, but erm, HA HA HA HA HA.

The game's most outdated aspect is the horrible horrible HORRIBLE localization. Writing in games nowadays may not be perfect, but it's eons beyond FF7.

And are you sure 40 is the cheapest you can find it? Given that it's gone Greatest Hits and all, I doubt that.

EDIT: Hmm, I just Froogled it. Hahaha what a rip-off

I found this on ebay. Even tough I have a moded NTSC PS, I want to get the PAL version to be able to play it on my PS2 also. And it's a bit hard to find PAL versions. Anyway, I think I'll buy it from ebay.

centinexx.png

Just skip it and look for Suikoden II. Best playstation RPG, and still giving new console RPGs a run for their money.

I searched for it on ebay and... Man, it must be rare or something.

http://product.ebay.com/Suikoden-II_UPC_08...1453QQsoprZ1436

II is the rarest of them, FF7 is generally very rare (but I think I might have one in stock at my second job) because it's considered by MOST to be a landmark title that twisted the genre on its ear.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Why the hell does it cost so much? It's been available for 40NZ (which is like 25US) on Platinum version for years before it fianlly disappeared off the market.

Oh, maybe that's why. It's a rare item nowadays.

It's definitely worth playing through, but that is expensive for such an old game.

That's a bit more than expected. When i bought my copy 3 years ago, the price was set at the time at 18,90

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

FF7 was a greta game. It was definitely worth its full price at release. Now, not so much. That said, it's both overrated and underrated depending on who you ask.

Would I pay $40 for it? No.

But, if you haven't played it, and not been spoiled on it; and you like FF style rpgs then go for it though I'm surprised you cna't find it for cheaper.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have the PC versions of FF7 and FF8 back home with my parents.

I liked FF7. Probably because it was my first experience with such a cinematic game. So I was excited when FF8 came out for PC. It was ok. None of them match up with FF6 though. At least from nostalgia's perspective.

I doubt I can work my way through any of those now. I hate random battles and level grinding now. Stories are ok. Thematically they seem pretty much the same, but they do hold interest.

I'm thinking of giving FF12 a try though as there are no more random battles.

I should play FF VII again. I played it through almost weekly when it first came out. First time I played through it I forgot to eat a few times.

I searched for it on ebay and... Man, it must be rare or something.

http://product.ebay.com/Suikoden-II_UPC_08...1453QQsoprZ1436

Its rare because Konami pulls the Suikodens off the market really fast. When I bought Suikoden 3 it had been out for almost 2 months, and I got one of the last 2 copies in Canada that future shop carried. Had to order it shipped from Ontario. It was already out of print. They did the same with the others. I bought my copy of II for 60 bucks CAD used. Worth every penny. Lucky to get it that cheap, at the time it was going for about 80 bucks US.

Its rare because A)Konami shafts anyone who doesn't buy a Suikoden game in the first month of release, and B)Its so good no one wants to sell it :thumbsup:

Devastatorsig.jpg

I had to buy the original Suikoden used, so I can vouch for part of Oerwinde's claims.

Suikoden 1 is a lot easier to come by though. I got mine sealed off ebay for 15 bucks. Suikoden 4 for 30, and 5 was the only one I bought on release day.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think 3 might be the only one I got on release. I got 2 on a whim, got 1 after playing 2, got 3 day of, avoided 4, picked up 5 on a whim.

Well, if you really want to get FF7, buy it! Consider it as a little investment for your private collection... I liked the game so much back then that I bought an original copy of it for both Playstation and PC.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I think 3 might be the only one I got on release. I got 2 on a whim, got 1 after playing 2, got 3 day of, avoided 4, picked up 5 on a whim.

5 is almost as good as 2, while 1 and 4 aren't all that great. 3 is definitely one of the better console RPGs out there, but not nearly as good as 2 and 5.

Whichever console they announce 6 for is the one I'll be buying.

Devastatorsig.jpg