Fantasy Trappings

Imbrium

Meh, easiest thing to say: I prefer speculative fiction.

Speculative fiction consists horror, fantasy and science fiction genres and all their subgenres. :dragon:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

This whole debate originates from certain individuals being unable to grasp the differance between "fantasy" as a word and "fantasy" as a genre. The dictionary says:

Noun: fantasy

1. Imagination unrestricted by reality

"a schoolgirl fantasy"

- phantasy [archaic]

2. Fiction with a large amount of imagination in it

"she made a lot of money writing romantic fantasies"

- phantasy [archaic]

Which means you can label 99% of all fiction as Fantasy. But only an idiot would do that, because every sensible person out there knows that when something is labeled "fantasy" it will be about magic, elves, orcs and dragons... not spaceships or nurses falling in love with doctors.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Which means you can label 99% of all fiction as Fantasy. But only an idiot would do that, because every sensible person out there knows that when something is labeled "fantasy" it will be about magic, elves, orcs and dragons... not spaceships or nurses falling in love with doctors.

Elves, orcs, and dragons are elements of medieval fantasy. Fantasy, in using this style of definition, is swords and sorcery.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Elves, orcs, and dragons are elements of medieval fantasy. Fantasy, in using this style of definition, is swords and sorcery.

Now you're just splitting hairs.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually, I think Tale is some kind of rabbit.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"It says no such thing. It says that lots of people enjoyed the third part."

O RLY?

That doesn't make sense because there wa sno way to know how good or bad part 3 would be unless you saw the first two. If you sww the first two movies,a nd thoguht they sucked yet saw part 3 anyways you are beyond dumb. Sorry. It's illogical to hate the first two of a series yet watch the 3rd movie.

The success of the third movie shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that depsite all the whining people more or elss enjoyed the firts two movies enough to watch the third.

The third prequel had the fall of Anakin Skywalker; that was well known and well-publicized.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually, I think Tale is some kind of rabbit.

hyperkinetic lagomorph

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"The third prequel had the fall of Anakin Skywalker; that was well known and well-publicized."

Yeah, and if you listen to the bashers, he was being played by the 'worst actor ever'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No, no, Hayden Christiansen is at least as bad as Mark Hamill at his best, laughable at his worst. He didn't do much for Factory Girl, either, and he had to play Bob Dylan. How hard is that? He can barely speak.

Back on topic, fantasy is good, and all you naysayers just don't know how to have fun.