new G-22

Eddo36

The police use hollowpoints. FMJ rounds have a better chance of penetrating walls than hollowpoints and hitting a bystander. AND FMJ's and other armor-piercing ammo are banned in California except for law enforcement. Hollowpoints have better stopping power on unarmored targets, which is all that counts. So it's an obvious no to FMJ.

.22 equals gentlemanly pursuit in my book. Good on you.

Honestly, it's not as if I'm not going to get a SOCOM II if I could afford one. I just got the G22 right now because of the price.

Edited by Eddo36

Self defense.. Constitutional rights.. "Guns are not dangerous, they're inanimate objects"..

This board is getting dumber by the minute.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The cat has been out of the bag for 230 years, let the Americans have their guns. Sure, the protection argument is a bit dubious, if you truly wanted to protect your family, youd buy them kevlar vests, not shotguns. But most people have them because its fun to shoot anyways.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, just too bad body armor is outlawed. When the police shoot you, they want to be sure their hollowpoint bullets goes into you without switching to FMJ rounds

Edited by Eddo36

Uh c'mon, a weapon is something that easily creates aggression.

That statement is a steaming pile of BS. A weapon is an inanimate object, incapable of aggression. If putting a weapon in a persons hand makes them aggressive then that is a character deficency in that individual and has nothing to do with the weapon. By using your logic I might claim that beer has given me a beer gut. But the truth is, that beer would have sat right there on the shelf if I did not buy it. And nothing would have happened if I did not drink it. The fault is not with the beer it's with me.

If someone abuses a weapon it is not the fault of the weapon, the people who made it, or other uninvolved people who own a weapon. It is the fault of the indvidual only.

We had a gun control thread already. A lot of acrimony, argument, link posting, baiting and it all boiled down to Europeans having a different opinion than North Americans on the subject. And not a little condecension over the cultural differences on both sides.

You're right, that is honestly one ignorant statement indeed IMHO (and I'm usually right), and you explained why perfectly. I don't turn into Mr. Hyde when I'm holding my gun for I'm a responsible, law-abiding individual without any past misdeamonors/felony on my reccord.. Curious as of what did he sent you in his PM that he didn't post here about? His side of the argument made private? No need to answer if it's private, Samm, but I am a bit intrigued.

Edited by Eddo36

You're right, that is honestly one ignorant statement indeed IMHO (and I'm usually right), and you explained why perfectly. Curious as of what did he sent you in his PM that he didn't post here about? His side of the argument made private? No need to answer if it's private, Samm, but I am a bit intrigued.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yeah, just too bad body armor is outlawed.

Thats among the dumbest things Ive ever heard. 200 million guns in civilian hands but its illegal to buy a bulletproof vest??!!! What's next, outlawing bicycle helmets because they might dent the car when you run over a cyclist?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You're right, that is honestly one ignorant statement indeed IMHO (and I'm usually right), and you explained why perfectly. Curious as of what did he sent you in his PM that he didn't post here about? His side of the argument made private? No need to answer if it's private, Samm, but I am a bit intrigued.

For emphasis.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Curious as of what did he sent you in his PM that he didn't post here about? His side of the argument made private? No need to answer if it's private, Samm, but I am a bit intrigued.

He thought I was attacking him, but I replied and assured him I was not. Thats just how I am I guess. He also wanted to point out that his post would have made more sense if taken in context with the first one that Fionavar pruned. And thats fine too.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Self defense.. Constitutional rights.. "Guns are not dangerous, they're inanimate objects"..

This board is getting dumber by the minute.

Samm and Eddo, here is an example of what I meant about condescension and baiting. And yes mkreku, guns are inanimate objects and are not dangerous. People are dangerous. No gun ever killed anyone while it was sitting in a case in the closet.

More people die from car accidents per year that from firearms. But a car never killed anyone. It is ALWAYS the mistake of a human in the drivers seat. No car ever killed anyone sitting in a driveway.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And yes mkreku, guns are inanimate objects and are not dangerous.

Guns, cliffs, bleachers can all be dangerous because there are risks involved with them even if those risks always need a human to do them.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

.22 equals gentlemanly pursuit in my book. Good on you.

Honestly, it's not as if I'm not going to get a SOCOM II if I could afford one. I just got the G22 right now because of the price.

I apologise, good sir. I retract my needless slur on your character. It is not your fault you possess insufficient funds to rise above being a gentleman.

The Geneva convetions btw only apply to co-signatories in armed conflict. Hence would be ludicrous to apply them to civilians or the police, unless the criminal was also a signatory.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The cat has been out of the bag for 230 years, let the Americans have their guns. Sure, the protection argument is a bit dubious, if you truly wanted to protect your family, youd buy them kevlar vests, not shotguns. But most people have them because its fun to shoot anyways.

Yes let us have our guns. You Euros had your swords for thousands of years. :o

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

And yes mkreku, guns are inanimate objects and are not dangerous.

Guns, cliffs, bleachers can all be dangerous because there are risks involved with them even if those risks always need a human to do them.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Guns are made for one purpose, and one purpose only.

And if guns aren't dangerous, using your logic, grenades aren't dangerous either. I mean, it takes a human to pull the safety sprint, right? Or how about a flame thrower? Should everyone be allowed to have that too? A canister of nerve gas!? They're not dangerous until someone activates it! And a bomb! I want a big bomb! A nuclear bomb! THEY'RE NOT DANGEROUS, IT'S PEOPLE WHO ARE DANGEROUS!!

You have the logic capacity of a three year old.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

:lol:

I agree with mkreku.

Besides, no other country has as much shootings and other firearm crimes as USA. Columbia High School shooting and many other similar monstrosities wouldn't be possible if it wouldn't be so damn easy to get guns/if there wasn't guns lying around everywhere.

And yes, guns are made for only one purpose. Killing.

I'm not being funny, but isn't it a bit daft to be so heavily armed, and clearly in good shape, for no purpose?

There is a purpose. Its called "Worst Case Scenerio." If I had the money to put into guns, instead of my computer, I to would have a nice arsenal.

Hades with guns... *shivers* :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guns are made for one purpose. To save lives.

:lol:;):)

:)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Besides, no other country has as much shootings and other firearm crimes as USA. Columbia High School shooting and many other similar monstrosities wouldn't be possible if it wouldn't be so damn easy to get guns/if there wasn't guns lying around everywhere.

Show proof of the stats. kthnxbai

And yes, guns are made for only one purpose. Killing.

And forks are only made for one reason. Eating. As in eat or be eaten. If guns are taken away, only outlaws will own guns.

Guns are made for one purpose. To save lives.

My god, of course! I'll have to tell my cousin the ballistics wounds expert. "Mate, you're look at it all wrong. This wasn't a fatal shooting it was succesful saving." Nurses, priests, therapists all these people are naturally associated with guns. Mother Theresa herself had a 155mm howitzer if I recall. I don't know why I didn't make the connection before. Get me the President!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I could probably post something equally or more scary and get as many useless comments for my trouble, but how about something a little prettier and taken by a much more competant photographer than myself.

coltpython41ld2.jpg

Nobody blues quite like Colt.

scgdeltaga1.jpg

Edited by Aram