new G-22

Eddo36

Thread Pruned: Do please avoid baiting ... try to discuss the topic and if that is too difficult, there are other venues OTHER than Obsidian's fora where I am certain such posting behaviour would be tolerated ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Wow, you really like guns.

I have a distant relative that loves guns too. He invited me into his room one time and there were guns mounted and displayed everywhere. There were more guns under his bed. He even had a bow which he let me pull.

Pretty cool stuff. :-

Pretty sweet gun dude. btw are you in the military or something?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm not being funny, but isn't it a bit daft to be so heavily armed, and clearly in good shape, for no purpose?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Eddo, you have WAY too much disposable income. Those pieces are not cheap. And everyone else, cut the man some slack here. He can buy any kind of legal firearm he wants for any reason or no reason. It's in the Constitution. Remember? We discussed all that just a little while ago?

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm not being funny, but isn't it a bit daft to be so heavily armed, and clearly in good shape, for no purpose?

There is a purpose. Its called "Worst Case Scenerio." If I had the money to put into guns, instead of my computer, I to would have a nice arsenal.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Oookay, getting scary there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Its a scary world out there and it is best be prepared.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Thread Pruned: Do please avoid baiting ... try to discuss the topic and if that is too difficult, there are other venues OTHER than Obsidian's fora where I am certain such posting behaviour would be tolerated ...

Uh c'mon, a weapon is something that easily creates aggression. And there were some non-bait things in my posting, that I'd like to repeat. Feel free to modify this post, if something's not ok with it. I think such a topic is just bound to cause emotions, so if those are not wanted, there's nothing wrong with the posts, but the thread as a whole...

Eddo: Would it be possible to create one thread, like "eddo36's weapon gallery"? This would avoid reposting of the same comments... Another thing is, what is the interest in creating such a thread? Do you want to collect different opinions on you / the NRA / guns in general, or looking for support of your hobby or even antagonism? One other thing I wondered: How much money does your hobby cost you per year (if that is an allowed question. They'd ban me from my country if I asked this here ;))

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Uh c'mon, a weapon is something that easily creates aggression.

That statement is a steaming pile of BS. A weapon is an inanimate object, incapable of aggression. If putting a weapon in a persons hand makes them aggressive then that is a character deficency in that individual and has nothing to do with the weapon. By using your logic I might claim that beer has given me a beer gut. But the truth is, that beer would have sat right there on the shelf if I did not buy it. And nothing would have happened if I did not drink it. The fault is not with the beer it's with me.

If someone abuses a weapon it is not the fault of the weapon, the people who made it, or other uninvolved people who own a weapon. It is the fault of the indvidual only.

We had a gun control thread already. A lot of acrimony, argument, link posting, baiting and it all boiled down to Europeans having a different opinion than North Americans on the subject. And not a little condecension over the cultural differences on both sides.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If I had a gun, I would shoot people with it ;)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There is a purpose. Its called "Worst Case Scenerio." If I had the money to put into guns, instead of my computer, I to would have a nice arsenal.

Isn't you getting guns the "Worst Case Scenario"?

Only if I was a deranged psychotic hellbent on randomly killing convenience store patrons. ;)

Guard Dog: pm4u

Sand: Change the order of the first two words in your reply... Yeah, so funny. (I'm just bored, it's stupid, I know...)

Eddar: What did you modify anyway?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Well, it's basically just this gun-

G22_black_lrg.jpg

except I put a sling, forward handgrip, and red dot scope. Will be adding a laser soon, right beneath the barrell.

And it's not heavily armed, it's only .22 cal. And I would have posted this on my last thread about the handgun... if it wasn't locked a long time ago for derailment.

Edited by Eddo36

A .22 doesn't have much stopping power, but if you can get it to go semiauto or full auto, then it might be worth it.

the .22 is a fine round for target practice but that the heck will you be hunting with it???? Beetles? Hamsters? I've got a story about a relative of mine who shot a black bear with a .22. It's a short story.

Thomas Sowell

It's not as practical for self defense as my 9mm handgun is. Even then, some says that my 9mm has insufficient stopping power.

However, I load one of my handgun magazines with this ammo (CorBon Pow'rBall) for self defense-

Mvc-010f.jpg

They are kinda like hollow points, except the ball on the tip causes the round to expand. Therefore they got less feeding problems as regular hollowpoints, and there are legal in places where regular hollowpoint rounds aren't.

As for the rifle in hunting, mostly just for varmint and plinking. It's no M16, though I can probably get headshots easy with that rifle on big game if I take the time to aim.

Edited by Eddo36

Only if I was a deranged psychotic hellbent on randomly killing convenience store patrons. :teehee:

There's only room for one of me around these parts.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

.22 equals gentlemanly pursuit in my book. Good on you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

blebleble..hollow point..blebleble..stopping power...maximum damage

I think its a bit absurd that ammunition which usage is banned my the Haag convention can be used by civilians. Also, wouldnt it be better to use plain FMJ rounds so you run less risk of killing people?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "