Obsidian guys' personal websites

funcroc

How can Ariana not be winning? Is she not hot? :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hooray! :)

Heja Sverige!!

Registering? But I'm lazy! :thumbsup:

Heja Sverige!!

Ahh yes, Supermarket Hijynx. I enjoyed reading that. We need a new one.

Been following this, just voted for Ep2.

Edited by Tigranes

http://www.woodumstudios.com/ws_3D/ws_3D.htm

Chris Woodum posted 3D character models (Queen, Gem Cutter, Sage, Barbarian, Commander, Scout, Blacksmith, Guard) on a cancelled title (presumably PNJ) at his website.

Do you remember IGN's NWN2 preview posted in november 2006?

But while Obsidian is hard at work trying to finish up Neverwinter Nights 2 for a summer release, they're also hard at work on another unannounced project. All we have at the moment is speculation based off of some concept art of dwarves resembling those popularized by Snow White but we do know is that this new game will use Unreal Engine 3. Urquhart also mentioned their desire to do a Knights of the Old Republic 3 should LucasArts desire it in the future. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

With an engine like Unreal 3, it should be possible to implement a sufficiently realistic physics model for a game of dwarf tossing :yucky:

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

Exact same reaction.

Awesome squared.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 months later...

Kevin Manning - Character Artist

Serg Souleiman - Concept Artist

Jeff Clendenning - Artist

Ron Alpert - Level Artist

in-progress projects, for obvious reasons - let's just say that the aliens the title of my new game is "project georgia," as far as you unsuspecting public knows for now.. it's been in production for a liiiitle while, and some time to go yet - it is coming along. i am pretty cut off from the community on the other side of the office (other side of the world) but i finally ventured in there to see what was cookin'. I am not usually at liberty to say much about the game is coming along very nicely. i was pretty impressed... hopefully i will get to put in some time on that project as well, before my tenure with this studio is done...!

I'm doing another play-by-blog on my website, if anyone's interested in playing. (dodger.uselessopinions.com). I had a few people from the OE community come by last time, which was pretty neat.

This one's gonna be called "Dames, Dollars, and Derringers" -- a noir-type story.

Voting today is for the viewpoint character, first episode goes up on thursday. So if you want, come on over, register, and play the game.

~ Mike Stout

d3banner.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm, premise of that company sounds like the one dodgery dodgy went :'(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 1 month later...

Alex Brandon blog updated

Obsidian

My being overloaded with work is a given, but first to ship soon will be the next expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. While I don't want to give anything away before it is actually out I can say it has a killer soundtrack, with some hard work by both myself and the designers to implement it. Soon we should see some things trickling out of marketing with appropriate announcements. I also have the honor of voicing Volothamp Geddarm, a fairly well known character in the Forgotten Realms, as well as writing two of the game's pieces of music and the odd sound effect.

One thing I can tell you is that the toolset we're using to create these games is so limiting I'm amazed that we're still making competitive products with them. We have programmers who work wonders within their tangled mass of antiquated code, but things are still pretty old school. So for any of you who buy this, remember its based on a code base and audio implementation scheme that was started more than six years ago. Beat THAT.

Next? Helping out AudioKinetic (they make the most comprehensive third party audio engine around these days) as a new Content Partner with their included implementation game Cube, redoing a bunch of sfx, VO and possibly music as well.

And of course Alpha Protocol. Again, very big news about to be released concerning this game, for the game itself as well as audio, but I won't spoil it here. Just that we're wrapping up Storm of Zehir and this coming week will be hitting Alpha Protocol HARD.

Did I mention I'm also working on an Aliens RPG? That's pretty darn exciting too. Just wish I could talk more about it. Grah. But it really is for the best. I am of the school of those who grew up with BBSs and the "Nintendo Fun Club Newsletter", where you hardly heard about a game before it was released, and success was determined by word of mouth.

Like most people in my age group I was a huge fan of the first two "Alien" films, particularly the first one. Nothing tops it, it is a completely unique film that recently was marked as culturally significant. Needless to say trying to bring the characterization and atmosphere of the first film (as well as the second) is a very challenging but very welcome task.

Edited by funcroc