Join the CIA and torture innocent people without consequence!

Sand

The disposal of the vanquished is the right of the conqueror. That is just how the world works. It sucks sometimes but the whining and hand wringing of old men in Belgium will not change that.

I'm sure some neocons would like a return to the time, before the world wars, when the populations of the world were desperate, backwards, and idealistic enough to consider brutality a legitimate option with which to treat the conquered... But I just don't see the US government getting away with disposing the vanquished as they pleased and still being able to wage this war. For better or for worse (for better, I think), the face of modern warfare has changed from one purely about strength, to one partly about morality.

There are doors

I'm sure some neocons would like a return to the time, before the world wars, when the populations of the world were desperate, backwards, and idealistic enough to consider brutality a legitimate option with which to treat the conquered... But I just don't see the US government getting away with disposing the vanquished as they pleased and still being able to wage this war. For better or for worse (for better, I think), the face of modern warfare has changed from one purely about strength, to one partly about morality.

When has the US ever treated a defeated nation with brutality? Never. And I seriously doubt anyone in the US govenment, "neocons" or not want to return to the days of Rome where defeated nations were sacked and enslaved. It's more than a little unreasonable to view people who have a different political viewpoint than you have as some kind of barbarians.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The US government treated the native Americans very brutally.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"I'm an idealist. Gorgon is a conspiracy theorist. Please don't interchange the two."

I think you need something a little more spectacular than accusing the CIA of misleading the American people to be called a conspiracy theorist. Besides, it's not paranoya if they're really after you.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The US government treated the native Americans very brutally.

Good point. Then I'll say it is very very uncommon.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Heres one more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine-American_War

Despite the fondness for berating european nations for colonial brutality, the US had its own phase no less violent .

That conflict is taken out of context if you look at it by itself. It was part of a larger war with Spain.

Thomas Sowell