Total lunar eclipse

SteveThaiBinh

Yeah, the photog forums are all abuzz with that... :thumbsup:

If I had a good telephoto I'd try to take a picture, assuming it wasn't cloudy. It's been rainy of and all week.

If it's not cloudy tonight, I could try anyway...hehe. Wish we had the telescope properly set up for the camera.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You realise this is entirely due to the fact that I'm bedridden and won't be able to see it? Expect other things as well, like flocks of Norwegian women's volleyball champions.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ooh, that was pretty :thumbsup: . The moon was a rather dim murky red colour, but it seemed to have little flashes and glints almost circling around it - disconcerting and beautiful. I guess something in the atmosphere causes that - can't imagine what.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Ooh, that was pretty :) . The moon was a rather dim murky red colour, but it seemed to have little flashes and glints almost circling around it - disconcerting and beautiful. I guess something in the atmosphere causes that - can't imagine what.

Cornsarnit!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I missed it. It was partly sunny most of the day then clouded up by evening. Thus I had to rely on photo forums to get my "look."

Of course someone had to do one of these:

MoonET.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe you will get another shot :rolleyes: at the next lunar eclipse. If memory serves it is suppose to be somewhere in the vincity of August 29th.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It was pretty clouded last night, but we did see the moon for more than just a few minutes. His colour changed from a red/grey in the lower right to lighter grey in the upper left... And when he left the earth's shadows, one realizes just how very bright he normally is! Coincidentially, we found Saturn while searching the sky a bit with our telescope. He's so cute, so small with his tiny rings and even tinyer moons :teehee: Fortunately, I hadn't sold the telescope yet, and after last night, we might keep it. It was very beautiful (and cold)...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

@ Sand - August huh? Well, it's usually clear and warm then, so maybe so. That'd be cool. Maybe I'll have a bigger lens or two by then.

Too bad you couldn't find our way up to central Iowa. We had a clear sky for it. :woot:

Too bad I overslept. :teehee:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I can't afford a telescope. I shall have to use laudanum.

-Elwood Blues

I can't afford a telescope. I shall have to use laudanum.

That might have actually made the whole experience interesting. Lunar eclipses are teh lame, especially when the zombies are out...

I keep telling you, man, those are crack addicts. Just because they quit moving when you cut their heads off don't make 'em zombies.

-Elwood Blues