Big plot hole in KOTOR 1?

That's exactly the point!

Both Bastila and the Council say that Dantooine is a safe place, hidden form the Sith. Moreover, when you are interrogated aboard the Leviathan, Karath obviously knows of Dantooine, but Bastila's dialogue clearly implies she believes Malak doesn't know about the Enclave.

I still think it's a big plot hole.

Yeah your making a really good point! :lol: Yeah cause if you really think about it its not that safe of a place if the sith lord used to live there and everything not to many year ago. Bout 6 or something years or what ever ago ya know! Its like saying hey lets stay exactly were our enemy used to live he'll NEVER find us here :ninja10: NOT! :) .

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

hundreds of Jedi were not trained on Dantooine because the enclave is too small for that many jedi.

Umm...no. Hundreds of Jedi were trained on Dantooine. Common sense would tell you that. The enclave is a training facility for all Jedi. The vast majority, or all, of the Jedi would have trained there (either for a little while or a long time).

Dantooine is remote enough that 99.95% of the galactic population does not know about it

Umm...no again.

Malak would not attack Dantooine because it is too remote to serve any tactical purpose. Malak would be wasting his resources occupying a world with no war materials, a complete waist. This explains why the republic so easily resettles Dantooine after the Jedi civil War.

WTF? :teehee:

The Galaxy has over 1000 trillion people and over a thousand worlds and in it so it's fare to say that 99.95% don't know about the enclave equates to some multi-billion people that would know about the enclave.

What I meant about the enclave was that hundreds of Jedi could not of trained there at one time the place was too small.

A war machine has no need of an agricultural planet such as Dantooine. Malak needs large profit industry that can generate the credits he needs to fuel his war. War creates a large drain on resources such as money needed to pay solders and crewmen, Malak's got people to pay, a lot of people to pay. The cost of controlling Dantooine would the be more than the profits meaning Malak would be going in-debt. Dantooine is also a low population planet meaning Malak has no one to recruit into his army.

By the way please give evidence to counter my points. Otherwise your objections are unjustified.

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Guest The Architect
By the way please give evidence to counter my points. Otherwise your objections are unjustified.

Why should I, when your provide none yourself? Talk about hypocrisy.

Firstly, you said that hundreds of Jedi were not trained on Dantooine because the enclave is too small for that many Jedi. I don

Edited by The Architect

That's exactly the point!

Both Bastila and the Council say that Dantooine is a safe place, hidden form the Sith. Moreover, when you are interrogated aboard the Leviathan, Karath obviously knows of Dantooine, but Bastila's dialogue clearly implies she believes Malak doesn't know about the Enclave.

I still think it's a big plot hole.

Yeah your making a really good point! :teehee: Yeah cause if you really think about it its not that safe of a place if the sith lord used to live there and everything not to many year ago. Bout 6 or something years or what ever ago ya know! Its like saying hey lets stay exactly were our enemy used to live he'll NEVER find us here :ninja10: NOT! :) .

:o

I think the great hole in the plot is that the Jedi couldn't figure out where the ships were coming from. Did they only just notice that big mound that would most likely thrum with ancient dark power when Bastila told them about the dream? Isn't there some enormous space station that holds the Correlian system in an odd orbit? There was an amateur archaeologist, Cassus Sandrel, I wonder how long it took him to figure out what little he did. So the greater plot hole is that the Jedi couldn't figure out the existence of the Builders and the Starforge. Which is another reason why Malak bombed Dantooine.

Since Dantooine and other worlds are the Republic's bread baskets, then it's logical that merchants visit, Who did history? Trade is the most common way for knowledge to spread. Cerka knew about the enclave because they sold them faulty droids. Oh, my, people, work for, companies.

Dantooine was part of the Republic, Revan and Malak's corrupted followers (the non force sensitives) were from the Republic, the Sith were once Jedi. Many farmers of Dantooine joined the Republic forces, some of them might have become Sith also.

A "derr" is in order....

Sarcasm/]

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Why should I, when your provide none yourself? Talk about hypocrisy.

Firstly, you said that hundreds of Jedi were not trained on Dantooine because the enclave is too small for that many Jedi. I don

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Guest The Architect
People wouldn't know about the Enclave for these reasons

1.People are ignorant.

How condescending. Don

Edited by The Architect

Ok, sorry that no-one has been quoted by name, and also sorry that these are not in a great deal of order. Just live with it, these are my comments to some of the things that have been said;

So, Malak does "discover" the Jedi Enclave, which he probably knew about since he was a Jedi himself.

That I think would be a fair assumption to make. Even if Malak didn't attend the academy on Dantooine it could be next to impossible for him to have missed it since he has been on Dantooine at least once when He and Revan were looking for the starforge. After all the facility where they got that information is almost right outside the Enclaves front door. Since the Exile is known to have trained on Dantooine before the Mandolorian wars it would be strange if it wasn't still open at that time.

In fact, why didn