The Smiley Top Eight

Fionavar

Previous Manifestation: The Beginning/September 2006/November 2006

The Smiley Top Eight!

Hello to all the gecklings, geeks, SW fanatics and general denizens of the Obsidian Community :) The Mod Squad would like to invite you to participate in another Smiley event ... after much rancour, debate, tail slashing and mayhem, we have decided - after the recent board software upgrade - that 49 permanent smilies need some new friends - we want more!!! So ... we would like to invite members to recommend smilies in the following format:

1 :)

2 :sweat:

3 :teehee:

We'll leave the thread open for a while and in that time hopefully we'll have a lot of input and suggestions. The thread will be closed and all of the smilies lined up and (depending on volume) there will be 2 rounds to limit and pair down to a final Top Eight.

The general intent of the Forum Guidelines applies to suggestions and member's interaction. As well, only suggestions that are accessible through open source/communal smilies may be considered. We don't want any Rule's Lawyers to come a knockin'. So please don't throw the sand after submitting your ideas. If this process works, the Mod Squad would likely open up a rotating Top Eight removal/addition. Constantly pruning and adding smilies - fun, eh?

Well start your smilin' and get to suggestin' :shifty:

*Oh did I forget a new feature? Okay meta relax ... sheesh some folks ...

Meta had this great idea way back in the Jurassic Period to add some flare to some of the community events, so ...

Each member can recommend no more than 8 smilies. Then, through the various rounds, the member(s) who has(ve) smilies that make it to the Top Eight will be able to choose a Custom Title for themself(ves) (barring approval of course :ermm: ). I hope that make sense ... so get recommending, ask clarifying questions and do play nice in the sandbox ...

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Well in the wee moments of sleep, I had a thought on the Roost and the Squad seems to think I am not too far out to lunch (on this item at least) ... and that is to tweak the titles a wee bit. Everyone who has a smilie make it to the Top Eight will be able to choose a Custom Title - fun, eh :)

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

The general intent of the Forum Guidelines applies to suggestions and member's interaction.

Thread Pruned: Was this direction too vague ... please do keep the sauce references for other fora or PM ...

/rhetorical observation

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Draken

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

1) n060.gif Walsingham

2) b060.gif Very angry

3) a080.gif My argument pwns yours

4) c040.gif This guy needs to be slapped with a Trout

5) a095.gif RTFM

6) a065.gif Group Hug

7) a040.gif I am the bestest

8 - a026.gif Fooled you

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 dozey.gif this is so interesting *yawn*

2 crap.gif oh, crap...

3 ylsuper.gif rocks.

4 wave.gif hello!

5 smilie-170.gif cookie?

6 beek.gif hm...

7 smilie-166.gif coffee

[8 oh, this has been posted already: draken, no. 2]

They'd all need some 'localization' to fit the smilie-style of this board, of course.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Samm ... are you suggesting that some be made to reflect the text or had you intended to actually link gifs to: 1-4 & 6?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

1)BananamanBB.gif

2)ban.gif

3)character0108.gif

4)character0218.gif

5)sFun_robot.gif

6)signs042.gif

7)talk024.gif

My 8th will be Draken's 5th one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Um - Gorth - would you like to take 2 out of there in order to come in @ 8 ;)

Umm yeah. What happened to good old top tens?!?

If some mod would be so nice as to delete 4 and 8 (stupid time limit on editing...) :-

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If some mod would be so nice as to delete 4 and 8

:-

I really like Gorth's #3...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Samm ... are you suggesting that some be made to reflect the text or had you intended to actually link gifs to: 1-4 & 6?

Can anyone else see the gifs Samm has linked, which I apparently cannot?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Second try, with proper linking:

1 dozey.gif this is so interesting *yawn*

2 crap.gif oh, crap...

3 ylsuper.gif rocks.

4 wave.gif hello!

5 smilie-170.gif cookie?

6 beek.gif hm...

7 smilie-166.gif coffee

8 confused.gif confused (similar Draken's No. 2, but without blinking and better visibility on black background)

They'd all need some 'localization' to fit the smilie-style of this board, of course.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

STOP CRUELTY AGAINST SMILEYS!

smilieyv5.gif