Charles Barkley: Shut Up and Jam... the RPG?

Darth Drabek

If you were sitting at home wishing you could take the role of former NBA All-Star Charles Barkley in a post-apocalypic RPG, this is your lucky day.

'The Great B-Ball Purge of 2041, a day so painful to some that it is referred to only as the "B-Ballnacht". Thousands upon thousands of the world's greatest ballers were massacred in a swath of violence and sports bigotry as the game was outlawed worldwide. The reason: the Chaos Dunk, a jam so powerful its mere existence threatens the balance of chaos and order. Among the few ballers and fans that survived the basketball genocide was Charles Barkley, the man capable of performing the "Verboten Jam"...

Flash forward 12 years to the post-cyberpocalyptic ruins of Neo New York, 2053. A Chaos Dunk rocks the island of Manhattan, killing 15 million. When the finger is put on the aging Charles Barkley, he must evade the capture of the B-Ball Removal Department, led by former friend and baller Michael Jordan, and disappear into the dangerous underground of the post-cyberpocalypse to clear his name and find out the mysterious truth behind the Chaos Dunk. Joined by allies along the way, including his son Hoopz, Barkley must face the dangers of a life he thought he gave up a long time ago and discover the secrets behind the terrorist organization B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S.

A tale of zaubers, b-balls, and atonement; brave dangers unheard of, face spectacular challenges that even the greatest ballers could not overcome, and maybe... just maybe... redeem basketball once and for all in Tales of Game's Studios Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.'

Forum/screenshots/download links

This game has the potential for many, many "LOLZ."

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

:sweat:

:blink:

:down:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

:sweat:

:blink:

:down:

But it's post-apocalyptic! Isn't that what you've been clamoring for? More post-apocalyptic RPGs?

So what if the apocalypse was caused by the "Chaos Dunk?" It's still a post-apocalyptic world, and Sir Charles has to slam/jam his way to the truth to see what nefarious schemes B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S. will concoct next.

Kirottu, you need to lay off the saki. :blink:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

This could turn out to be awesome. :grin:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Definitely a weird premise for a basketball star to be part off. It could be good in that it's sobad; it's fun way. Too bad for the old style graphics. I still cna't belive this is an actual game. It *must* be a trick.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wow, the "B-ballnacht"... Actually, the proper term would have to be "B-ballcaust", I suppose.

I used to have this comic book, "Sir Charles Barkley and the Referee Murders". It is the most ****ing awesome thing you will ever see in your life, period. It's out there on the internets somewhere. I'll have to track it down.

I have played both Shaq Fu and Michael Jordan's Chaos in the Windy City back in the day, so I am interested to see how this amateur-made game stacks up with those other ventures. The writing alone should allow this Barkley game to surpass them.

Maybe this weekend I'll download the demo if I have time. It looks like this "Chef Boyardee" character put an awful lot of work into a joke game.