I Own XBOX 360

Volourn

I wonder what it would look like on our 50" TV?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm... I thought about getting a 360 but deferred for a number of reasons.

I don't have a HDTV. I don't think the console would be worthwhile without one.

I have a suspicion that every game I really want to play will eventually come out on PC, my preferred gaming platform.

Besides, there are no games I truly want to play on 360 yet.

I am patient enough to wait for price drops and more games to be developed.

I am certain I will purchase a Wii though. I want to play all the games that I missed on Gamecube including the Mario, Zelda and Metroid games, Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Twin Snakes, Ikaruga and more.

For PS3, there are no games that I really want to play except for Metal Gear Solid 4. But the game itself won't make me drop 600+ for a PS3. Maybe later when prices are down and there are games that really tap in the PS3's purported power.

Besides there are more than enough games coming out and are out for the PC to satisfy me, but thats for the 'What games are you looking forward to thread'

"don't have a HDTV. I don't think the console would be worthwhile without one."

Weird. I don't have a HDTV. In fact, I have a simple 19 incher. It looks, and plays greta on it. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, the next monitor I get is going to be HD ready widescreen monitor then I will get a HDTV tuner card for my computer.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I picked up a 26" wide, 1080p for about $700 a few months back. It does have PC input, but I don't use it for that, I use my 21" wide monitor for that.

I definitely love my HDTV. Rome in HD is pretty damn amazing, my only complaint is that I wish I had gotten a bigger T.V.

I guess I wouldn't use it for watching television. I just don't watch TV any more.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Especially when the market for direct download for shows are opening up. Why try to time the show you want to watch when with a click of a button you can download it and watch it any time you want?

Especially when the market for direct download for shows are opening up. Why try to time the show you want to watch when with a click of a button you can download it and watch it any time you want?

Do not forget that HD content will take faaaaaaaaaar more space than normal movie downloads, hence TV (for the time being) has an edge over direct download and streaming. Also, licensing and DRM issues complicate the process even more.

Also, because it's cool to watch stuff when it premieres and talk about it the next day.

Watching Heroes or Rome with my friends is a weekly ritual. Discussing them at work the day after is also a ritual.

No one wants to to talk about it days later, whenever it is released for DL.

I find my cable co.'s hard drive recording capability more than adequate to get around that. No extra charge for it beyond the cable fees, of course. Although recording hi-def does hog up the HD space a lot more and I usually delete those at the end of the week. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey, Shadowstrider, wanna talk about Jade Empire 2 yrs after it came out? *wink wink*

No. Let's talk about Planescape: Torment for the 10,000th time, or let's have discussion #115,000 where we discuss Hades' supernatual ability to be stubborn and illogical.

No. Let's talk about Planescape: Torment for the 10,000th time, or let's have discussion #115,000 where we discuss Hades' supernatual ability to be stubborn and illogical.

Or how Fallout 3 will suck because its not sprite based 2D isometric game for the #3018927891789529 time.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sand

Bah, amateuric topics.

Ninjas vs. Pirates?

Now that's topic worth of arguing

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Which side has the dinosaurs?

Or how Fallout 3 will suck because its not sprite based 2D isometric game for the #3018927891789529 time.

:teehee:

That never gets tiring.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

HOT BUTTAH! :teehee: