Emmigrating to the US

Oerwinde

My girlfriend wants me to move down to the US with her temporarily so we can see each other more than 1-2 weeks every 2-3 months, but I'm not quite sure how to do this as it seems like your options are 1)Have a family member who is a US citizen, or B)Have a job offer from US company.

I don't have any experience in any sort of trade and the GF won't marry me just to make it easier to move down.

I'd just call the inquiry line but its a freaking 1-900 number and costs $1.85 a minute.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I know it's become especially tough in recent years. I understand there are whole legal companies devoted to just getting the forms filled in right.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

She wants me to move down this fall, but from what I've been reading if I apply now, I might legally be allowed to in 2-3 years.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It might take a bit longer than that with how Immigration is cracking down.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yeah, before you know it, they'll start building a wall all along the US/Canadian border. Not sure what they'll do about the Niagara though...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I told her she should move up here since all she needs is 10k in her bank account when she applies (since she is eligible for the skilled workers visa) and she has a rich friend she could borrow off of then give it back when she's approved. Which would have been super easy until she got diagnosed with MS and now needs $16k per year worth of drugs.

Devastatorsig.jpg

She's asking you to make such a big step but is unwilling to marry you?

Wouldn't all those problems be solved by dumping her?

I mean, what if you are able to move down there and she breaks up with you?

Will you need 10k to get back into Canada?

If she doesn't want to marry you, dump her.

Besides, leaving Canada for the US is a big mistake. :thumbsup:

Edited by astr0creep

She's asking you to make such a big step but is unwilling to marry you?

Wouldn't all those problems be solved by dumping her?

I mean, what if you are able to move down there and she breaks up with you?

Will you need 10k to get back into Canada?

If she doesn't want to marry you, dump her.

Besides, leaving Canada for the US is a big mistake. :thumbsup:

She's unwilling to marry for convenience, if I shell out 3 months pay for a ring and meant it she'd probably go for it. And no, I'm a citizen so I can come back to Canada any time.

And I totally agree. Canada roxorz. Every time I go down there to visit I can't wait to get home. Nothing to do with her, since when she's up here I don't want her to leave. Its annoying because she doesn't even live all that far away, 5 hour drive by car, but I don't have a car, so its 8 hour ride by bus.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I can arrange that from my current position kiro; we just need to talk specifics first. :blink:

Oerwinde, basically you're going to need a lot of money, several lawyers, and if and when you do get in you'll be first up assuming there's ever another draft.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Can't you get on a plane to Mexico and just cross the boarder with Jaun and Raul?

Oddly enough, I was going to suggest this very thing. Stop into Mexico on a vacation stop, pay $500 to one of the cyotes to bring you into the US. Adopt a Mexican surname. You will now get free healthcare that is not available to US citizens. You don't need a driver's licence to drive a car now. Hell, you don't even need insurance for your car if you hit someone. You can skate away scot-free from most anything if you live in California, Colorado or most any state in the US. Here in the US we like ( and even encourage! ) unskilled workers ( literacy not required either ) and we cannot even ask you if you are legal! Spend a little time under the sunlamps at your local tanning salon and practice your accent from listening to Richardo Montoban and you're set! If you are caught the worst you are likely to get charged with is misdermeanor misunderstanding or agricultural trespass ( in Colorado at least ). Stop into the local Mexican Consulate and pick up a Matricula card and you can even open up a bank account, credit cards from the Bank of America and even buy a house with financing.

Life is good!

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.