European Football

Guest The Architect

This has nothing to do with football, but I couldn't help notice that you're from Perth. I'm landing in Perth on June 20'th, and I'll be spending three days there just sightseeing the town, before moving on to the rest of Australia. You need to recommend the hot spots in Perth! I viewed the town in Google Maps so I know it's huge and you guys have more golf courts in your town than I think Sweden has in the entire country. But I am no golf freak.

So what would you recommend a Swedish guy to do in Perth for three days?

Do you have girls down there..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why would you go there in the middle of winter?!? :thumbsup:

Edit: Just to stay a little bit on topic... What the heck happened to Adelaide United in the finals?

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect
This has nothing to do with football, but I couldn't help notice that you're from Perth. I'm landing in Perth on June 20'th, and I'll be spending three days there just sightseeing the town, before moving on to the rest of Australia. You need to recommend the hot spots in Perth! I viewed the town in Google Maps so I know it's huge and you guys have more golf courts in your town than I think Sweden has in the entire country. But I am no golf freak.

So what would you recommend a Swedish guy to do in Perth for three days?

Do you have girls down there..?

Umm

Edited by The Architect

"What is the most popular sport in the world? Soccer, takes so much more skill, far better. If Rugby was any good it would be played on a worldwide scale like soccer, who wants to watch fat men in short shorts falling over each other. ****ing ****."

:thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Why would you go there in the middle of winter?!? :thumbsup:

Because that's when my friends are having their winter break! We're getting a car and we're supposed to be driving around all of Australia in five or so weeks.

I would recommend you to watch a game of our Aussie Rules Football as well, but ah, no AFL games are happening here while you

"What is the most popular sport in the world? Soccer, takes so much more skill, far better. If Rugby was any good it would be played on a worldwide scale like soccer, who wants to watch fat men in short shorts falling over each other. ****ing ****."

:thumbsup:

Football players are wimps point made.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Who do you think will advance into the Champions League quarter-finals? I think Celtic, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Lyon, Bayern Munich and Valencia will advance into the quarter-finals, and no, not because of any conspiracy!

No Italians, I notice. :rolleyes:

How have the Italians been playing since all the fuss and the closed games in their domestic league? You'd think it might have shaken their confidence at European level. That's been a fascinating scandal - so reminiscent of the worst excesses of English football hooligans, thankfully in the past we hope.

Edit: Let's keep this discussion courteous and on-topic, please.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

:rolleyes:

Yes and those rugby players are such hard asses. Look at them get dragged down by the shirt, it almost looks like it hurts. Don't judge soccer by the way the Spanish, Italians, etc. play it. Watch the good ol' English battle it out.

:woot:

Yes and those rugby players are such hard asses. Look at them get dragged down by the shirt, it almost looks like it hurts. Don't judge soccer by the way the Spanish, Italians, etc. play it. Watch the good ol' English battle it out.

Being english and all, I think I've seen enough to know, they're wusses...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Why would you go there in the middle of winter?!? :)

Because that's when my friends are having their winter break! We're getting a car and we're supposed to be driving around all of Australia in five or so weeks.

Actually, for a Nordic person, Winter is a much better time to go ... high Summer would be very uncomfortable.

Good luck driving around the country in five weeks. You'd have trouble driving around Queensland in five weeks. (You do realise that Australia is about the same size as the USA, right? And most of it is desert? I plan to one day drive around Highway Number One, but it will take about six months ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why would you go there in the middle of winter?!? :yes:

Actually, for a Nordic person, Winter is a much better time to go ... high Summer would be very uncomfortable.

Good luck driving around the country in five weeks. You'd have trouble driving around Queensland in five weeks. (You do realise that Australia is about the same size as the USA, right? And most of it is desert? I plan to one day drive around Highway Number One, but it will take about six months ...)

I know exactly how big Australia is. The only thing I have at hand are maps! But we're supposed to land in Perth, stay a few days and then fly to either Alice Springs or Sydney. That's when we're getting a car. We're going to drive up the east coast, to the reef.

Nothing is decided yet though (except the tickets to and from Australia). We're still 'negotiating'.

Guest The Architect

Well, I got Liverpool, Chelsea and Valencia going through right. But Roma beating Lyon 2-0 away? :) Didn't see that coming at all.

Ronaldinho should have scored. Yet again, Riise hit the bar twice, Crouch almost scored late on, and Kuyt was unlucky not to score. Barca were poor for about the first 30-35 minutes. They improved, but Liverpool (as they normally do at home) defended well. I think if Van Bronckhorst and Zambrotta played (allowing Messi to go left and make dangerous inside runs) and Eto'o was fitter, Barca would have scored more goals. I enjoyed the match. It's sad to see Barca go out in the last 16. Oh, and Deco's a champ. Awesome player he is.

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect
I didn't watch the matches but I'm glad my team made it through ^_^

Who? Liverpool or Chelsea?

(I assume you go for an English team).

Helton killed the bloody game... :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect
Helton killed the bloody game... :)

I take it from this you're a Porto fan?

I didn't watch their match against Chelsea, but I saw the goals.

He should have easily held on to Robben's shot. That was appalling keeping.

According to a match report on the game I just read, he (Helton) sucked.

It would have been nice if Chelsea got knocked out, because I like upsets, and Porto play entertaining football.

Guest The Architect

Hmm, I was thinking about changing my tip to PSV. I see now that I should have. I stuck with Arsenal, even though I was aware of their ordinary form of late, and their habit of conceding goals at home. Still, I thought they'd have one of those days where they'd take their chances and they'd score 3+ goals. They do create a lot of chances, and play some nice football. They played well IMO, but then PSV's away goal crippled them and fooked them up in the end.

I was wrong about us (AC) getting knocked out against Celtic. If we play Chelsea (the team that I think will win it), Man Utd or Liverpool in the quarter-finals, we're gone. Valencia would probably beat us too. And Bayern are a chance against us too. So pretty much I hope we play PSV or Roma in the quarter-finals, because I'm sure we'd beat them. Of course, I could be wrong.

How's Roberto "has been" Carlos mistake? How embarrassing for Real Madrid, for them to be the team that has conceded the fastest ever goal in Champions League history? Can teams from the same country (say Man Utd and Chelsea) play each other in the quarter-finals? Or is it just the semi-finals onwards that the rule applies? I

Edited by The Architect