Books

metadigital

Fritz Lieber's First Book of Lankhmar, finally.

It's incredibly refreshing to read some great swashbucklery on the side from time to time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have a friend's, Salvatore's Dark Elf trilogy for months and I am thinking of reading them in order to return them.

they aren't the greatest, but they aren't the worst

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The Scar by China Mieville

( and a big THANK YOU to whoever it was on this board that recommended that author )

House of Chains - Steven Erikson

Midnight Tides - Also Erikson

the Dark Tower - Steven King

To whomever it was that asked - I can only read one at a time too, I read much more and I get plotlines confused :) That and it just drives me crazy in general.

I'm currently in the Scar, will read Dark Tower next, and then the SE books.

Apparently book 11, which is the one I got for christmas really picks up the pace, resolves a lot of the plotlines, and sets the stage for the end of the series. Which Robert Jordan says will be book 12, even if the book has to be 1500 pages.
:rolleyes: Edited by Sereyna

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

I have a friend's, Salvatore's Dark Elf trilogy for months and I am thinking of reading them in order to return them.

I'm not a Drizzt fan, but those books were good. You get to know about the drow and the Underdark.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm not a Drizzt fan, but those books were good. You get to know about the drow and the Underdark.

Yes, I read the first. Though writing is mediocre (though I am reading it in Greek and the translator appears to have little to none knowledge of fantasy and translation principles) and filler material exists aplenty, it's a nice idea and gives a lot of drow details...

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

The Scar by China Mieville

( and a big THANK YOU to whoever it was on this board that recommended that author )

You're welcome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

So I get home from work today and there on the front porch (with dried dog pee on the side) was an Amazon.com box. Yea, new books!

My Grandfather's Son by Clarence Thomas

Ella in Europe by Michael Konik

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am so medicated now thtat I could probably stanfdd reading something from Salvatore. Bring on that cattibrie wench! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!

:brows:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Georg Eliot(hahhah)'s Silas Mariner

Post-Romantic English poetry(Shelley, Coleridge, etc)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Just finished Ella in Europe. What a funny light hearted book, an absolute joy to read. Now working on My Grandfather's Son by Clarence Thomas.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It looks like Amazon is telling you to search inside O'Rourke's mouth.

I'm reading Francine Prose's Reading Like A Writer. It's ok.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It wasn't bad ... O'Rourke is writing on autopilot, nothing like his earlier stuff in quantity of quality stuff (like arresting metaphors and paradigm-shifting summaries). Still, I applaud the returning to original material to mine it for more information.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

John Keats now.

kirottu said:

me and Interesting times by terry pratchet are leering at each other trying to decide if I'm going to read it and if its' going to let me read it

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.