major let downs of the new trilogy

I personally think the musics did play a vital role in making Star Wars a legend, I really can't say the same about those in the new movies. The acting is so

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

If there is one thing missing, it's the personal stuff. It's really obvious in the space battles. Wedge, Biggs, Prokins, Lando, Luke, you cared about these characters, there is no such feeling for the minor role good guys in the new movies. But that might just as well be nostalgia, who knows...

that was intentianal because the clones and the emperial soldiers were viewed as expendable which is why they don't get names. minor charectors don't get names because they don't matter to the other charecters.

I'd say Biggs was a pretty minor character, particularly in the original non-messed-with films where it felt like he was just suddenly there at the end, but he was still someone you remembered and empathized with in some minor way. I can't say the same for most of the minors in the new trilogy, even if they did have names.

Except I did feel sorry for poor Supreme Chancellor Valorum. I think that's mostly because I love Terrance Stamp, tho. :woot:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think the biggest let down was in trying to make someone that was cute and cuddly so you would feel for him, when they needed some one that could fill the shoes of Vader.

There is a this hidden thing in the OT. It is this simplicity to the whole force thing. It is so simple that it looks like you can do it. But now there are midiclorains (however you spell that) and Anakin is a turnip, not Vader. They lost sight of things that people are not always aware of. They I am sure in one reason people liked it, it had a message that was not common. But they lost that and filled it in with what is common.

To LadyCrimson:

An eyeball? I liked those cats pictures you used to have. Got any more?

Edited by Watchman

Lucas was trying, I think, to make Vader a tragic figure of some sort. It didn't work; at least not for me.

An eyeball? I liked those cats pictures you used to have. Got any more?

Don't like my eyeball? (it's actually my eye) :) It does lose it's punch when it's so small.

I have lots of cat avatars ... I'm sure I'll go back to one before too long.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It didn't work; at least not for me.

I don't think it worked for anyone...except George Lucas himself. It just made me sick to see one of my all-time favorite characters turn into a whiny little brat that can only think about his girlfriend every five seconds. :yucky:

I'm going to go back to my own little world and pretend that Episodes I through III don't exist. *Covers eyes and pretends*

The main problem with the PT was that everything was forced. Everything happened because it had to happen; not because there were any solid reasons behind it. The reasons that were offered were flimsy at best. From a tactical point of view, very little made sense. While I accept that humans are rarely logical and tend to choose emotion over reason, there were still far too many conveniences for my tastes. I can't think of any offhand though unfortantely. I just remember feeling "Why?" throughout the entire movie. The winning side seemed to win because it had to; in the first movie, the robots were the best side; then it was the stormtroopers who butchered the jedi (granted it was from behind but meh - huge let down there) and then in the OT, the stormtroopers are useless (yeah say they "degenerated" or something - its still flimsy). Everything was wonderful because it had to be. Granted, again certain events had been established as canon, but it could've been handled a lot better.

The Jedi were a bunch of weaklings and utterly undeserving of respect. The dialogue was terrible and everything was forced. From a visual point of view, it was wonderful. There were good actors there; people gave some decent performances given the lines they were given, but the entire script was cheesy and again, forced. And having Anakin being troubled did not have to translate to "its not fair!". He could have been troubled without whining. Padme was equally useless. She was weak and lacked a backbone - which is pathetic given her role as leading an entire people.

Then there was the emperor - Anakin broke far too easily and in my opinion, our evil villain wasn't at all convincing and if Anakin had a shred of sense, he'd have realised/suspected he was being played. It painted him as a sheep and a tool. As others have said, the evil laughter was out of place, as was Vader's "Nooooooo". Utterly pathetic.

Honestly, I didn't mind Jar-jar so much, aside from the stupid name, and while he was pathetic, he was the least of my concerns with the films. Overall, what killed the thing most was the whining and the lack of convincing reasons for the story.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

George Lucas is no cinematic genious.

On the first series he had Spielberg to help him out, whats he done since then.... Willow ?

There were glimmers of something great in the prequels, but thats all it was, glimmers, attributable to the few actors that didn't suck and hardly enough for 3x3 hours of root-canal.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

GL WAS good director so I disagree with Gorgon on that.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think one of the major things that threw everyone off in the first one (given this is supposed to be a movie for children) is the fight is a corprate dispute between a monopoly and a customer. Then you add a little gas to the mix with "wait, vader had a wife who ruled a planet that we'd never heard of?" and finially you get the little wooden boy trying to romance a girl who is probably 6 years older than him (but has the oddest ability of not getting older in those interviening years).

Ep two everyone was put off by a romance that would make Kevin smith cringe. (the war on geonosis was fun)

Ep 3 brought back a little of the magic but didn't do itself much help with anakin murdering children and the corporate heavyweights and only crying for the CEO's. Ian Mcdimand did ok but I think his lines made him seem a little bit of an idiot "darth plagueious was good I tell you GOOD!" "but then why is he called plagueious? It's got PLAGUE in the friggin name!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What if... episode I, II and III were made before episode IV, V, VI. I think that should they have done that, they would have a lot more freedom for a better story. I think the movies could have been much better then. Okay, maybe we would have different ANH, TESB and ROTJ which most of us love but at least we wouldn't know beforehand what would happen.

Episode I, II and III were so very predictable.

Episode I: Oh, evil guy here. He will probably die because we don't see him in the other movies. Ah, Anakin Skywalker. Oh, he probably wins since he becomes Darth Vader. Obi Wan lives because we see him in ANH

Episode II: Ah, off course Anakin falls in love with Padme. We would have known that from the start. So Padme is the mother of Luke and Leia. Oh, she will live until Episode III since she gives birth to Luke and Leia.

Obi-wan and Anakin off course live as well.

Episode III: Start, oh yes Dooku again. We have to get rid of him. Oh, Anakin is chosen one, he probably kills dooku even if he later get beaten by Obi wan who loses from dooku the second time. Oh, off course Anakin falls to the DS because love blinds him.

See, the Original Trilogy is far too predictable. Had we not seen it Episode IV, V and VI it would have rated a bit better and it would have had more freedom.

I do hope that in Kotor III, when we can buy it is build well since, yes, it doesn't have a lot of freedom keeping in mind that we have a whole bunch of characters from previous games we have to either see in the game or know what happened to them.

Master Vandar lives!

Another let down?

Anakin being good and turning evil because he was forced to turn in order to "save his wife".

See, I would've made Anakin the main villain of Eps 1, 2 and 3. Not Palpatine.

Palpatine is a shadow ruler and I would've left him in the shadows.

We knew he was pulling the strings in Eps 4, 5 and 6 without all the boring political details of the PT.

I would've written Anakin naturally able to use the force effectively without training, using ObiWan's teachings only to gain power, access to the Jedi Council and eventually meeting and allying with Palpatine at the end of Ep 2.

Ep 3 would've been the clone wars, showing the tactical prowess of Vader in how he wipes out the Jedi.

See, I would've made Anakin the main villain of Eps 1, 2 and 3. Not Palpatine.

That's actually an interesting idea. I think I would have found it more watchable that way. But that would have been an entirely different story - more like a middle trilogy, not a beginning.

I think one of the things I really wanted to know more about at the end of the first was the circumstances leading up to/surrounding Obi-Wan being "betrayed" by Lukes father to become Darth Vader. So Lucas tried to answer that, but...meh.

Also, imo the first movie should have had Anakin being a small kid for only a short period of the movie, or maybe half the movie, than jumping ahead in time to him being older.

^Yes, we didnt even see him trained.. In Episode II he's about 20 or something already..

Yep. Ep 2 should've been some training there. At least "The Trials".

Instead we got some political idioties and "intrigue".

And one crappy ass "romance" to boot. If the lines he tried to "woo" her with were any worse, I would have just grabbed his lightsaber and stabbed myself. Anakin does not know how to hit on the girls. Jedi training will do that to you.

Edited by Omelette

Well if you made anakin the main villian of Eps I, II, and III and having the age switch in the first movie, it would be pretty decent. I actually liked Episode I, maybe because im a killer Darth Maul fan or maybe because the romace bull**** in Episode 2 maybe me throw up in my mouth. With Anakin's horrible come ons and Padme falling in his arms after 2 seconds I thought I was watching daytime soaps but the guy has a jew curl and a light saber. Episode III was ok, the only parts worth watching were the lightsaber battles, and thats because everything else sucked. Obi-Wan vs. Greivus was awesome and Obi-Wan and Anakin's master

versus apprentice battle was the only reason people were still sitting in the theater. And the ending to Ep. III with Vader and his man cry made people cover there ears and close there eyes yelling " I'm not listening"! I was introduced to Star Wars by my father when I was 7 and I loved it. It was that whole "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..." and thats what made everyone like it. It was something different and the PT gave everyone dentures and made em all deaf all the cringing and crappy dialouge.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.

"Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!" by Vador in Ep 3 was probably the worst scene in history period! And we had to sit through 3 very average movies to finally saw that! Anakin as Vador, a moment that we were waiting for, that we imaginated since Ep 1, if more. A moment that should have been memorable! And hell it was, but not for the good reasons.

Now, Ep1 was good. (Thank you Liam Nielsen, and well played. Surely he saw what was about to come, that's why he was okay to be the dead hero!)

With Ep2, like everyone else I think, I was quite confused when I saw a grown-up Anakin trying to hitting on Padme. They should have made him older in Ep1, or her younger, but since she was already young for a queen!

And I won't go back on Ep 3 because it gaves nausea just to think about it! Well, except for one thing, the LIGHTSABERS fights! I mean, first, when I saw Ep2, when Yoda came to save Anakin, everyone in the theatre was like "Nooooo!!!", and good kind of no. the no that expressed the schock, the surprise and the excitement. I think Yoda's fight in Ep2&3 were the best moments of the NT.

I also think that GL should have left the actors directing and dialogues writing to real professionals.

At least, while he was busy with the NT, he didn't touched KOTOR! That's why KOTOR is going to the best trilogy! I can't even begin to imagine what they would have done to Revan!

post-21243-1174679798_thumb.jpg

George started Starwars at episode 4 because he liked the style of the many part saturday night serials, were you always started part way through the story. The first three parts were drafted as a back story. Just about all novels and movies have back story notes. Bian Herbert wrote 7 novels of his own based on his fauther's, Frank Herbert, back story notes

Looking back only episode III had terribal dialogue.

George decided to do the prequils for a number of reasons the two main reasons are.

1. He wanted to set the story strait; that Starwars is the Tradady of Darth Vader not the story of the fall of a supper evil villian

2. George finally had the tecnonolgy and money to make the prequils that he didn't have in the late 60's early 70's.

UNNLLIMITED POWERRR!! :teehee:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

UNNLLIMITED POWERRR!! :wub:

:lol:

I loooooooved that line. Ahahah.