I'm invading Euroland!

kumquatq3

Going to Oktoberfest in Munich for a week. :o

I'm trying to see about the feasibility of stay longer (3-10 days or so, cost and logistics dependent)

Here's my question(s): How much time, via train, am I looking at to get from say: Munich to Copenhagen, Munich to Amsterdam, Munich to Paris, Copenhagen to Amsterdam, Paris to London

Trying to get a rough idea for planning out a trip.

Don't forget to drink our far superior beer when you get to London. :woot:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Don't forget to drink our far superior beer when you get to London. :woot:

I've drank beer all over the world, and none has ever come close to Belgian beer.

If you don't like Leffe and Duvel, you don't like beer, period.

So visit Belgium! :)

to answer your question: check out the db-website, they have a route-planner that shows travel-times, where to change trains, and probably even ticket prices (not sure about that, though). don't underestimate travel times, costs and the lack of comfort if you travel by train more than 4 hours or so...

some more advice (don't read further if you don't want any, unwanted advice sucks)

1. for your own sanity: make sure you're there with some good, younger people, as this is a volksfest, which means that conservativity to the extreme will be spread by some bavarian patriots - but if you don't understand german, it's all good as you can sit next to some of the older ones there without being disgusted by the themes brought up by drunk old (wo)men.

2. by the way, if you get the chance to try swiss beer (well, certainly not at the oktoberfest :yes:), have a draft of vollmond-bier (fullmoon-beer) :)

3. be prepared to hear some funny accents!

4. the women there aren't generally pretty. they wear "dirndls" to optically increase breast-size, thats about it...

5. if "bear-land" below your avatar means canada, mention that you're from there to avoid the fashionable racism against us-americans or french people...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Don't forget to drink our far superior beer when you get to London. :yes:

English beer sucks. In fact, I don't think there is anything proper to drink that's made in England. :)

And people should try Czech beer. It's awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thanks for the tips

5. if "bear-land" below your avatar means canada, mention that you're from there to avoid the fashionable racism against us-americans or french people...

It doesn't. I'm not going to lie about what country I'm from either, but I am considering a "I voted for Kerry" shirt :yes:

There is something perplexing me. I can fly, roundtrip, to Munich from Chicago with a stopover in London Heathrow or Dublin for 630-641 dollars. However, a roundtrip to London costs about $700, even on the same flight!. Anyone want to square that one for me.

Is this when the Bavarians run around in those completely out of this world ridiculous lederhosen? :dancing:

Anyway, as a good patriot, I'll of course recommend Carlsberg beer, and if you decide to come here, the people will certainly not be as anti-american as those you might meet in Germany/France... unless you stop by the stronghold(s) of the commie leftist bastards, of course. :teehee:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Beer foamy. Hey Meta, what say we get him arrested at heathrow? "Yes, that's the man, officer. He turned me into a newt!"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.