Character graphic problem?

Sorry If something related to this has been posted but, not sure were the search button is.

Ive noticed some graphical glitch while playing the game it mainly happens with the

character(s), actually its funny i have only noticed it with atton lol, his face is sort of messed up I mean theres a small line going down his face right in the middle of it lol. doesnt happen when I have AA set to 8x. Thing is I cant set it 2 aa 8x as my graphics card isnt that good gfor this game, not optimized??. Actually its is good for most games Card is Nvidia 6800gs

I have uninstalled the game then reinstalled, reinstalled drivers and nothing. I don't know if ts just a problem with the game or what, its just kinda weird. Doesnt happen with any other game I own. Maybe any of you guys know about this?

BTw using latest forceware drivers.

BTw using latest forceware drivers.

Try downgrading your ForceWare drivers. Graphical anomaly's can also be game glitches or due to heat or hardware problems. Alternatively look for 3rd party ForceWare drivers. There are a few out there. www.guru3d.com is where I get my 3rd party drivers.

Does this happen in other games, or just to the Atton character and no other characters?

Your 6800GS isn't the fastest out there, but it should be more than sufficient. My 6800 GT is in for replacement, and I'm running this game with no problems on a GeForce4 4200 128mb 8xAGP card - in fact I can run it with all the eye candy with 4x AA with 2x AS, at 1280x1024 resolution with everything except Soft Shadows (Pixel Shader 3, DX9 only). It's not butter smooth, like it is with my 6800 GT, but it's more than playable.

Thanks for the tip, Ill try a lower forceware driver any ideas of a good driver? Also this is the only game that has this problem even KOTOR 1 is fine... lol its the same engine the second game should be fine too.

Probably just a game bug. There are plenty of them. Lucasarts went for the quick cash grab.

Try any driver that seems to fix the problem. Consider using a driver cleaner as well, as not all versions of drivers update or down grade the same DLL's.

awsome thanks! i'll try it out when i get home, one more question I noticed that the game movies are really low quality, I already downloaded the media updates but they are still low quality, do you know anything about this?

When you download each of the updates, you have to double click on the first one. It creates a MOVIE directory. Copy that Movie directory directly and overwrite the one in the installation directory.

It worked fine for me yesterday.

That happened to me too, w/Atton, but the line was really faint and not noticable from all angles - it also went away (or became entirely unnoticable, perhaps) when I started playing 1600 resolution instead of 1280. I don't think I've ever had more than 4AA on.

Just a weird tiny graphical glitch in the game, nothing to worry about.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wolfmann, changing the drivers didnt work any more suggestions?

If it's only ATTON, maybe just live with it for now. You could try putting ram sinks on the memory chips of your video card, as well as making sure the temps are down (blow out the dust from the fan...etc). Other than that, it's probably just another one of the annoying small glitches that detract from this game.

I think it's just the game. I'm sure there's a tech reason reason for it relating to the way the game 'connects' to certain cards/card settings or whatever, but still...the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think it's just the game. I'm sure there's a tech reason reason for it relating to the way the game 'connects' to certain cards/card settings or whatever, but still...the game.

If you want to find out, use google and do some research on "3d gaming process" or something similar. Basically what happens when the screen needs to be drawn the video and cpu work together (or in the case of a GPU, the CPU leave the process early). All the vertex geometry - or the things that give the characters shape - is written. It is then back light by light sources (quite literally). Then from there a picture known as a texture is printed on the faces of the geometry vertexes (basically the shapes that the line the geometry creates). From there vertex shaders then bend straight lines to whatever shape. Pixel shaders modify the little dots that make up the texture. From there ALL the vertices are scrutinized - if they are not seen, they are discarded (DX9/10). Then the video card prepares to display it and sends the "block" (series of moving pictures) to the frame buffer for display on the video screen.

In his case there is a problem with the math (uses trig and calculus) at the last stages where the vertices collide and the card is determining what to show or not to show. This can be caused by shoddy programming, but a system problem, or by old or bad (or even brand new) video card drivers.

aww well that sucks, guess no point in exchanging it then lol thanks for that, do you think you can answer the other question I had the one about the low quality movies? I posted it above.

I thought you posted it was okay, except for one...(peragus)?

If you've properly copied the movies folder to the installation folder, and it still is not working the only thing I could suggest is re-starting the game (which is a pain in the ass because the Peragus missions, even the initial Telos missions are too, but I'd much rather it have cut one or the other out).