Got a problem

xcvq

Just got this game recently and had been playing it the past few days without much trouble until yesterday. I went to save and then back to playing and when I went back from the save screen everything around my character was messed up looking. There was no ground or walls anymore just textures in weird shapes everywhere. I can load earlier saves that look alright but as soon as I go into the equip screen or anythign like that when I return to the game it's all messed up... Now that I think of it this started happening after one time I had started up the game but I got a black screen that didn't seem like the game was launching so I tried to close it and it said it wasn't responding and then the game started shortly after I got that message.

try starting a new game and see if the same thing happens - if it doesn't, then your savegame is messed up,

if it does then you should try reinstalling the game or something

I started a new game and it is also messed up. I also reinstalled and have the same problem. Something I noticed though is that turning on soft shadows temporarily fixed the problem then when I went into a new area it got messed up again so I turned the soft shadows off and that fixed it again. I kept switching that thing on and off thinking I could just try to play like that but then I got to the outdoors are on Korriban and wether the soft shadows are on or not it doesn't matter it's all screwed up looking. Maybe I need to update the drivers on my X800PRO...

One thing I noticed is that the setup program the game uses can sometimes overestimate what your graphics card can do. If you haven't already try turning the resolution down, or failing that switch off some of the advanced graphics options. Other than that updating your drivers would be a good idea.