Rome TW Barbarian Invasion

Guard Dog

For about two weeks now I've been trying to win as the Western Empire in B.I. I've tried stabilizing the revolts in the provinces and have had some success. But by ten years into the game I'm over 200,000 denari in debt and cannot retrain legions of repair cities and cannot get cash flow positive because of it. I've gone on the offensive right away and smashed the celts, franks, and berbers with the legions you begin the game with but end up losing half the empire to rebellion and still wind up in a cash deficit. I've tried rolling back into southern Gaul and italy, abandoning germania, briton, iberia, and carthage. But I then need to cut back the military so much I could not hold off the goths when they came calling.

Has anyone managed to save the west on the VH/H setting and what tactics worked?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've done that twice (with VH) and trust me, that's ridiculously hard. Can't remember how many times I've failed.

I remember always abandonding most of my cities and slowly rebuilding from Italy/few other places. Damnit, I can't remember which cities they were since it has been long time when I played RT:IB. I propably should start agian...

Anyway, I did quick google for you and found this: Western Empire Walkthrough

I hope that helps :dancing:

edit: Fixed the link

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

There's a bridge in Italy(Rubicon or Po) that you will find very useful in stopping the onslaught of Goths and Huns.

Basically, only have cities in Italy at first and then conquest from there. Consolidation and culling off the weak are key points. Don't give disloyal generals huge armies and solve all problem spots in Italy before moving on. Ravenna and Rome are precious.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds