what frightens you most?

Walsingham

Embarrassingly enough I thought "The Sixth Sense" was really, really scary. I saw it in a theatre and I went into the movie salon thinking it was a drama.. or a thriller..

I must have a phobia against vomiting girls or something. That scene from Fanny and Alexander where Alexander is locked up in the attic and the two dead twin sisters come and puke all over him also ranks at the top of the scariest movie scenes ever for me.

In real life I don't have anything I'm scared about. Sometimes I worry over how my life would be if my girlfriend left me, but it's more of a sad feeling than a scary one to think about that.

My girlfriend has a real phobia over frogs. It's weird.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I get creeped out when swimming in any natural body of water where I can't feel or see the bottom.

I don't like that either, although it's probably due to the fact that I am completely incapable of floating.

You may find it helpful to avoid wearing Doctor Marten boots. :thumbsup:

I generally avoid the sea on principle that there's plenty of land and sky. And the land and sky have a less frequent propensity to smash you to pieces.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I get creeped out when swimming in any natural body of water where I can't feel or see the bottom.

I always think that something is about to creep up from the darkness below and grab my ankles.

:'(

I have this exact same fear. I am a pretty good swimmer and have no fear of water. I once got stranded outside the safety area of the beach on a tube because I was trying to catch the biggest wave that I could and some boats had to come get me.

But once I jumped into the waters from a rock and just went deep into the water. I opened by eyes and could see only a dark blue nothingness stretching out before and under and everywhere and I freaked out. It was like something was coming to get me only I couldn't see it. A general feeling of helplessness floating in cold darkness. I've never strayed out into deep water again. Except for the swimming pool

I always think that something is about to creep up from the darkness below and grab my ankles.

:'(

I have this exact same fear. I am a pretty good swimmer and have no fear of water. I once got stranded outside the safety area of the beach on a tube because I was trying to catch the biggest wave that I could and some boats had to come get me.

But once I jumped into the waters from a rock and just went deep into the water. I opened by eyes and could see only a dark blue nothingness stretching out before and under and everywhere and I freaked out. It was like something was coming to get me only I couldn't see it. A general feeling of helplessness floating in cold darkness. I've never strayed out into deep water again. Except for the swimming pool

There is a place near Ocala FL called Forty Fathom Grotto. It is so named because it really is that deep. It is a pretty freaky place because it is a nearly perfectly round cyndrilical limestone shaft roughly 100 meters in diameter. The water is fed by a very weak spring at the bottom and has a greenish tinge. Anyway, I did my advanced diver class there and one of the dives has you going to the sport limit of 130'. Well, that is still over 140' from the bottom and all natural light is lost at about 80'. So at 130' you float there, your dive light cannot penetrate to the bottom and you cannot see the sides if you are in the center. You defeinitely can't see the surface and it's a little disturbing. Heck, at first I could not tell which way was up. If you turn off yorur light you see nothing! Pretty cool in a scary/zen kind of way.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hmmm. I'm thinking maybe this is part of the scariness inherent in the film. We fear above all the unknown. In the post-zombie world we lose most of our decision making reference points. Like your diver. But the obscure nature of the zombie threat is also like your unintelligible deep sea attacker. And ferocious like my dogs!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I remembered another movie, from being a teen I think. Middle of the night, small ratty TV set, waching an old Hammer film called Demons of the Mind. The maddness of some of the scenes and the ending really creeped me out. I doubt it would so much today.

I think the unknown is a part of it, and potential pain of course, but for me things that reflect my own bad experiences is also a large part fear, just like good experiences influence how I react to other situations. A bit o' lifes psych training, as it were.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The water one for sure. Whenever im in the lake and you cant see like anything below you its realyl scary and I think somethings just going to take me under. :yes:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Silent Hill

The game, not the lame movie.

:):blink::woot:

WTH??? I thought you loved Resident Evil... Silent Hill is just the equivalent of RE as a survival horror game :confused:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

What I'm really afraid of is sleep paralysis. There was a TV show or a movie I saw a long time ago, I can't remember much about it except it featured a guy who goes into a coma and everybody thinks he's dead, but he's fully conscious but unable to communicate or move. That freaked me out. So when I experienced sleep paralysis, it really ****ed me up. It's a really rare occurence, though, and it doesn't last for more than a few seconds (they feel like minutes, though)

I get that same thing whenever I end up sleeping on my stomache. I start feeling like I can't breathe well, and I'm not able to lift myself up. I have to kick my legs out until my wife wakes me up fully, allowing me to turn over. It's really odd, I know I'm not going to suffocate, but I just feel terribly helpless.

i've actually had sleep paralysis. I woke up to discover myself immobilised with this huge black figure at the end of the bed. Fortunately I know that I was simply having sleep paralysis! I lay there until my control came back. Most interestingly I disocvered I was bathed in fear sweat. Obviously that aspect of things was whirring away independently.

-Elwood Blues

I have a fear of being eaten by some carniverous animal so Im down with the dont like swimming where I cant see the bottom thing. There's Kraken in them there waters!

But there's also mermaid! :)

Carnivorous mermaid zombies!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

i've actually had sleep paralysis. I woke up to discover myself immobilised with this huge black figure at the end of the bed. Fortunately I know that I was simply having sleep paralysis! I lay there until my control came back. Most interestingly I disocvered I was bathed in fear sweat. Obviously that aspect of things was whirring away independently.

I don't think I have ever had sleep paralysis. Whenever I wake up I am fully alert and most of the time late. At least it feels that way. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have a fear of being eaten by some carniverous animal so Im down with the dont like swimming where I cant see the bottom thing. There's Kraken in them there waters!

But there's also mermaid! :)

I hope you realize that, before they were Disneyfied, mermaids were traditionally portrayed as devious temptresses who would lure ships into crashing into hidden reefs with their singing and then devour the flesh of the sailors who fell overboard. More along the lines of Dagon than The Little Mermaid. :pirate: --> :mage: (Note: Dragon=mermaid.)

Anyway, personally I have a deep rooted fear of falling. Not heights, just falling from them. I have absolutely no problem with tall things so long as their is some guarantee of my safety. In the absence of a guardrail or some such, though, I begin to feel nauseous and my skin tingles. As a kid, I used to have nightmares that I was hanging from a higher story of a parking garage and yelling to my family walking by who were unable to hear me. Inevitably, I fell, but to make it worse, unlike most people who wake up before impact, I experienced the entire ordeal, feeling the crushing pain of impact and the pulpy mush that was my body. It ends with a solitary chalk outline in the middle of the street, then I wake up. I've had quite a few sleepless nights due to that dream.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I used to be afraid Id throw myself off tall things. So one day I did. Certainly cured that impulse.

-Elwood Blues

Movies; The scene in the Shining where Jack hugs that good looking woman who turns into a corpse. Friday the 13th the first movie. The scene at the end when Jason jumps out of the water and pulls that woman under. Amittyville horro, the scene where those red eyes suddenly appear outside the window, three stories up. Those three scenes still scare the hell out of me.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I've had sleep paralysis for innumerable times, but never with a hallucination. I'd almost like to experience it, so that I'd know what it's like. Sleep paralysis itself was pretty cool when it happened for the first time. Of course, I was 12 at the time and it wasn't such a big deal besides the fact that finally something special happened to me. I had been run over by a car before and epilepsy sort of made a small unceremonial gap between me and the normies, but sleep paralysis was like something from horror flicks. Some uncontrollable innner power that manifested out of whim and left me in sweat and mentally ravaged. During the experience I always tried its limits and learned how to end the damn thing before...well, I presumed something should happen with such a momentous shutdown of the body. Usually I could only make small wheezing noises and move my right hand horizontally. It was possible to force myself from the stasis by slowly, 'cos slowly was the only thing I was capable of, moving my hand till the shock from the sudden stress caused my body to reboot.

I got it about three times a month till I was 15 or so, and I nowadays get maybe once or twice a year, so back then the phenomenon felt almost like I could force it to happen. No matter that I understood what is causing it.

It's definetly one of the hallmarks of my psyche. A defining factor on what makes me myself.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I had been run over by a car before..

Oh yeah, sorry about that. Natural instinct when I'm sitting in a car and I see a Finn.. Being Swedish and all that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!