Combat in KOTOR 2

What kind of fighting is in KOTOR 1/2 ? Is is real time?

There is a drop down card centered on the targeted enemy where you get your choice of attacks, ranged, mele and force powers, thats about it, other than that you have no control over the outcome. You don't aim guns or swing swords. It's a realtime with pause button deal.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

What kind of fighting is in KOTOR 1/2 ? Is is real time?

There is a drop down card centered on the targeted enemy where you get your choice of attacks, ranged, mele and force powers, thats about it, other than that you have no control over the outcome. You don't aim guns or swing swords. It's a realtime with pause button deal.

You only have one attack to begin with.....well, attack. You can gain more by getting new feats, and get things like Flurry and Rapid Shot.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

It is part turnbased/part realtime with the use of turns.

And wheter or not you actually hit (and then what kind of damage you do) is totally based on your characters statistiscs and a matter of luck...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Especially if for some reason the enemy gets 3 crits in a row and your party is dead 10 sec after the fight broke loose (had that on Telos Plateau :()

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Fighting 'flows' mostly in real-time, except...in order to give commands for what attacks you want to use, you'll pause the game frequently. Or, if you're like me, incesstantly.

So if you're wondering if the game is action/shooter-paced...no it's not, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, its definately a slower paced game. And its not all attacks, healing by medpacs takes turns away from you ( :verymad: ).

Unless you use it from the inventory screen :)

^

edit: We NEED delete button

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yeah, its definately a slower paced game. And its not all attacks, healing by medpacs takes turns away from you ( :verymad: ).

Unless you use it from the inventory screen :geek:

Ah yes, my lil' secret weapon when fighting against Malak for very first time

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Unless you use it from the inventory screen :rolleyes:

You can do WHAT now? I want to yell "that's cheating!", and then go and try it out.

Oh, and yeah, the combat in Kotor 1 and 2 has a really nice flow to it, once you get used to it.

You've been Ibb'd!

It is actually in both Kotors...

^

being dark side, i prefer the drain life power (i forget the name of the 2nd level one) to heal while damaging the enemy.

I believe it's called Death Field :ermm:

That power totally lost its potential in KotoR 2. Only two DS force powers worth mentioning must be Kill (3rd class Force Choke) and Force Lightning (the third one should be Force Crush, but i'm not counting that one since LS cannot use it :woot: )

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

• 4 weeks later...

Lightsaber fights are really cool in KotOR 1 and 2, But blaster vs. blaster gets kinda boring after a while

Magos: "This is a tactical nuclear shell - it has an explosive yield close to fifty thousand tonnes of normal explosives!"

Guard Commander: "How many do you have?"

Magos: "Errr....one?"

Guard Commander: "I have fifty thousand heavy artillery pieces capable of firing half-tonne shells at a rate of four rounds a minute. You're the Magos - you do the maths."

Moa <3

^ K1 had different animations for Flurry and the others. :unsure:

For blasters; have you equipped two while running?

looks really cool

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

^ K1 had different animations for Flurry and the others. :huh:

Yes I have, And (Xbox version) pressing "Y" while running is pretty cool. Western style tricks with blasters altough nothing beats two lightsabers "sheated" and then pressing "Y" :)

Magos: "This is a tactical nuclear shell - it has an explosive yield close to fifty thousand tonnes of normal explosives!"

Guard Commander: "I have fifty thousand heavy artillery pieces capable of firing half-tonne shells at a rate of four rounds a minute. You're the Magos - you do the maths."

Moa <3

^ K1 had different animations for Flurry and the others. :brows:

What i meant was that, for example, flurry only had one animation in K1. In K2 there were 3 different animations for flurry.

And yes, i have equiped the blasters while running a few times. Looks cool, but equipping two melee weapons while running looks even cooler.

^ K1 had different animations for Flurry and the others. :)

What i meant was that, for example, flurry only had one animation in K1. In K2 there were 3 different animations for flurry.

And yes, i have equiped the blasters while running a few times. Looks cool, but equipping two melee weapons while running looks even cooler.

ah, no... i think it was only one animation for every aspect of combat in K1. running and drawing duoble lightsabers are even cooler then melee weapons. :brows:

Moa <3